Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
The other lovely part about local news are the grooming parts between Commercials and shows .

"News at 7, we'll tell you all about how officials are planning to clean up our streets
using billions of your tax payer dollars"

*images of homeless tents on the street.*

Television is why so many dumb mothers think Los Angeles is the worse place for homelessness.
The L.A. Homeless look soooooo good on tv.

Per capita by state New York state is worse, but they can hide from the cameras in empty buildings.
Especially when it is cold or snows.

Then there are other measurements using, cities, counties, metro areas and other confusing things.
All the while, Los Angeles / California never hits number 1, unless you are talking about raw numbers.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/727847/homelessness-rate-in-the-us-by-state/
https://www.acsh.org/news/2016/10/13/which-cities-have-most-homeless-people-10300
https://www.statista.com/chart/6949/the-us-cities-with-the-most-homeless-people/

And then local effects national; The total amount of homeless people in the USA is under 600'000
Not even a million people.
And most homelessness is temporary, but on the news every homeless person is a chronic homeless person.

And the news creates this fear, "what if they move to my area!"
If you don't already have homeless people in your area, they're not coming.
And they are loving people over who already have homeless in their areas.
because the homeless have already moved to their area!

mazzi Chart Czar has issued a correction as of 00:45 on Jul 27, 2021

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Spazmo posted:

here's one from my local piece of poo poo Hearst paper: Cryptocurrency has a 'bro' problem. Women in the field say they can disrupt the bitcoin brotherhood

It's a great example of how uncritical and credulous coverage of the tech industry in Silicon Valley is and of how trivial idpol stuff obscures real issues and generates cheap heat from liberal audiences. What kind of demented idiot looks into Bitcoin and concludes that the problem with this thing is not enough girlbosses leaning in? next in the chron: "the loan sharking and human trafficking industries have a 'toxic masculinity dudebro' problem. Can we disrupt it with some black girl magic?"

what is with this phrase being everywhere now why is magical negro back?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

The other lovely part about local news are the grooming parts between Commercials and shows .

"News at 7, we'll tell you all about how officials are planning to clean up our streets
using billions of your tax payer dollars"

*images of homeless tents on the street.*

Television is why so many dumb mothers think Los Angeles is the worse place for homelessness.
The L.A. Homeless look soooooo good on tv.

Per capita by state New York state is worse, but they can hide from the cameras in empty buildings.
Especially when it is cold or snows.

Then there are other measurements using, cities, counties, metro areas and other confusing things.
All the while, Los Angeles / California never hits number 1, unless you are talking about raw numbers.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/727847/homelessness-rate-in-the-us-by-state/
https://www.acsh.org/news/2016/10/13/which-cities-have-most-homeless-people-10300
https://www.statista.com/chart/6949/the-us-cities-with-the-most-homeless-people/

And then local effects national; The total amount of homeless people in the USA is under 600'000
Not even a million people.
And most homelessness is temporary, but on the news every homeless person is a chronic homeless person.

check this out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kwo-v3_IsPU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

loving over your fellow americans is pretty much the american pastime though

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

You can just hear some mother loving with a house and an over 100'000 a year job yelling,
"Those homeless people have it better than me! Destroy that slide! "

See the homeless in LA are exactly like every other loving LA douchbag.
Constantly fix up their homes with dumb poo poo.
Give them a plot of land in 2 years it will be a loving disneyland.

Milo and POTUS posted:

loving over your fellow americans is pretty much the american pastime though

And that is the counter argument for why America is not a capitalist country.

What is more likely to gently caress over a person's property value.
1 homeless person, or a million a homeless people.
Answer: A million.
So we should put time an effort into stopping homelessness.
"NOPE! IF you help homeless people become not homeless, you will make more homeless people."
It's like draining water from a tank, you will end up with more water in the tank.

The homeless need to prove that they can have a job and stay off drugs
Having a home makes it harder to have a job and stay off drugs.

And the news just feeds into this bullshit.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Anime Bernie Bro posted:

that sounds like a sick-rear end blaxploitation movie man

edit: probably dial down the human trafficking a little bit

“Today’s West Palm Beach Channel 5’s Profile in Courage: This British socialite got tired of her boss’s toxic masculinity and decided she could do the job just as well, if not better than a man could. Meet Ghislane Maxwell.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Local news can be helpful. They told me this morning that it will be hot outside today.