Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Man, AEW is really channeling the late 90's wrestling "anything can happen" vibe and it loving rules. Wrestling is fun again.

Also, Gage's intro cracked me up because it made me think of when Ogie Oglethorpe is introduced in Slap Shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLBy_A-53io

Zombie Lemur fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jul 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

DeathChicken posted:

Hearing the logic behind what happened in that match on Dark Side was surreal.

Arquette: Okay Nick, I'm good with anything out there but please don't cut me.

Nick: Hahaha (what the gently caress I'm cutting the poo poo out of this loser)

Arquette: My god he's cutting the poo poo out of me, I need to defend myself or I'm going to die.

Nick: What the gently caress is he shooting? I'm shooting then and ending this

Arquette was fine with being cut, just not his face.

And yeah, the logic was hilarious.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Meltzer is introduced like Sting, but with loose sheets of paper instead of snow.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Good to see Fuego's getting some merch.

Edit: Completely misread the headline and thought the company itself was trademarking it.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I wonder what it's going to take for Jericho to put away Gage that's also able to be shown on TV.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Rarity posted:

This would be perfect but then how do you eliminate Kenny?

Kenny takes a Buckshot Lariat from the previously eliminated Page and someone from Dark Order gets the pin?

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I remember seeing Starks on NWA and being like "this dude looks like a star, why the gently caress is he with this company?"

Glad AEW scooped him up.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

flashy_mcflash posted:

He's going for smarm and it don't get much smarmier than Snow.

receipts:

https://twitter.com/abadon_AEW/status/1301969320281624583?s=20

Aside from the general grossness, the "too fat to do flips" thing is bullshit because the bigger someone is the cooler it looks when they do a bunch of crazy stuff you'd expect from a cruiserweight.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

The reverse is also true. I mark hard for a dude managing to powerbomb a guy twice his size.

Yeah, exactly.

Subverting expectations that way is always cool and crowds pop for it pretty much every time.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

rotinaj posted:

Re: Dark, it's nice to see someone trying to get over the play of the day/overdrive/cool breaker/terrible finisher that they keep giving people

I remember thinking it looked cool back in the day when Elix Skipper did it.

Going back and watching some highlights, he probably did it more fluidly than anyone after, but it's still a stupid move that doesn't look like it hurts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

I have to admit that I grinned like an idiot at "Everybody Pies".