Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Amelia Watson is All Elite
Subaru was mentioned and her own innovated move used in NJPW

What a world we live in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

DeathChicken posted:

Hearing the logic behind what happened in that match on Dark Side was surreal.

Arquette: Okay Nick, I'm good with anything out there but please don't cut me.

Nick: Hahaha (what the gently caress I'm cutting the poo poo out of this loser)

Arquette: My god he's cutting the poo poo out of me, I need to defend myself or I'm going to die.

Nick: What the gently caress is he shooting? I'm shooting then and ending this
It was less intense than that, he said he was fine with anything as long as it wasn't on his face (Because he's an actor)

Then Nick Gage pulled out a pizza cutter and starting slicing his forehead and mouth

The "Jugular stabbing" was a total accident, Arquette winced at a light tube spot and it sliced up his neck and he started to panic, dropping kayfabe for a minute in shock. He went back to finish the match and then went straight to the hospital. Nick Gage, being Nick Gage thought he was being a coward

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

Not the best story for Gage then, imo
I think they might've been kayfabing the whole thing for some reason.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

A talking coyote posted:

I don’t know anything about Gage either, is he actually good in the ring, or does everyone here just hate David Arquette for some reason?
He has presence and physical charisma more than anything else, he can get you yelling at the top of your lungs for his matches whether you like him or not

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Astro7x posted:

Why are they doing 4 "special" episodes of Dynamite in a row? It actually feels more like 7 in a row...

6/26 - Saturday Night Dynamite
6/30 - Fan Appreciation Night
7/7 - Road Rager
7/14 - Fyter Fest Week 1
7/21 - Fyter Fest Week 2
7/28 - Fight for the Fallen
7/4 - Homecoming

A minor criticism. I guess I just don't understand why Fyter Fest is two weeks, followed immediately by Fight for the Fallen for two years in a row.
Even though every episode of Dynamite has been good to amazing, naming/theming them makes them stand out a whole lot more in people's memories than "That RAW from mid July"

The show I went to was the Halloween episode. It's memorable because of the weird Rick & Morty Crossover, Kenny Omega coming out as Sans from Undertale and from that you can look back and say "Oh, that's also the episode with Jericho's pumpkin jacket and the start of "Cowboy poo poo"

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Pylons posted:

I don't think AEW has ever done a submission match, right (well, unless you count I quit)? Maybe Minoru Suzuki for one of the labors?
Only issue is Japan isn't in the best of places right now but Nagata would've been great because

A) They've got history together from years ago
B) He's got a sick looking armbar and the story is Jericho's injured arm

I'm still expecting a Handicap match of some kind, even though Butcher's still out MJF paid them off before.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jul 22, 2021

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

I didn’t know until Dark side why Gage was locked up but robbing banks is morally good and a victimless crime. Also he’s a loyal dude been with the same loyal girl forever, Gage is someone i’d let my kids look up to as a role model in all honesty,
He's also been a big advocate for the LGBTQ+ community by threating to beat the poo poo out of bigots

Some of his reactions to things he doesn't understand are hilarious. "What is this pokemon poo poo I don't get it bunch of loving cartoon animals" *someone shows a meme saying Charizard is MDK* "Okay this pokemon poo poo is cool if they're rolling with MDK"

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Yuka's only over for a month and hasn't been on BTE yet :negative:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

None of that's really a spoiler

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The Young Bucks always troll in their header, it means nothing

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

GCW should 100% get Luther to face Cardona for the belt.
That kind of tongue-in-cheek stuff would be great for Dark/Elevation and AEW has never been shy about promoting champions of other companies (Yuka as the PoP champion, Rosa/Deeb as NWA champion, Mox as IWGP US champ, etc)

Rhonne posted:

Only if he can bring Serpentico wrapped in barbed wire.
Might as well make it a comedy death match too. Luther acts like he's grabbing a table from under the ring but it's actually just Serpentico tied up to a board with barbed wire

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Cody's run was just a means to showcase popular indie guys and up-and-comers during the pandemic. If Warhorse was truly great, now that restrictions are lifted he should be getting more exposure so I guess we'll see :shrug:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

rotinaj posted:

you always do this thing where you try to make it sound like your opinions are facts, but all other opinions are incorrect according to the historical record, and it's really uncool
Warhorse is a niche wrestler, people who knew him were excited to seem him and people who didn't know him weren't as impressed as Eddie loving Kingston so :shrug:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

he still has a point though
It's like getting mad at Cuarvo's word salad, MRT's been the same for years and isn't going to change

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I have no strong opinions over Warhorse one way or the other but it's probably more important to the indies to have a guy that can draw this much support on a dead, gay, internet forum than it is for AEW to have another guy on Dark/Elevation that might lose to Miro

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

It rules that Nick Gage is so believable that people think a pizza cutter can cut down to the bone on someone's forehead despite how much pizzas goons eat. It reminds me of being 14 on the internet and being worked by Homicide's forks.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Maybe an I Quit match between Sammy and Jericho, with the added stipulation that if Sammy loses, the Inner Circle disbands.

Jericho has to pick between The Inner Circle or his vengeance against MJF. I know it's kind of lame to go back to that well so early but it'd put a lot of emotion into the match for both Sammy and Jericho.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

How do you book out of that then, though?
Jericho becomes Judas and betrays the inner circle for a shot at revenge. AEW has learned from some of WCW's mistakes and one of WCW's biggest was keeping the NWO around for too long. The Inner Circle have been around for a long time, where can they go after beating The Pinnacle? Cycle them out and let Sammy go for the TNT title and PnP go for the tag titles.

Take Jericho off TV for a while, they don't need his drawing power anymore now that they've potentially got Punk/Danielson coming in.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

STONE COLD 64 posted:

is there a list of all the special edition dynamites that have taken place?
https://www.cagematch.net/?id=8&nr=2287&page=4

In a round-about way. The company's pretty young so there's not a ton to go through, just look through the Dynamites that have titles after the episode number

e:

AEW #13: Homecoming
AEW #14: Anniversary Year 1
AEW #15: Bash at the Beach
AEW #39: Fyter Fest Night 1 2020
AEW #40: Fyter Fest Night 2 2020
AEW #41: Fight for the Fallen 2020
AEW #55: AEW Anniversary Year 2
AEW #62: Winter is Coming
AEW #65: Holliday Bash
AEW #66: A Celebration of Brodie Lee
AEW #67: New Year's Smash Night 1
AEW #68: New Year's Smash Night 2
AEW #71: Beach Break
AEW #75: The Cross Roads
AEW #77: St Patrick's Day Smash
AEW #84: Blood & Guts
AEW #93: Road Rager
AEW #94: Fyter Fest Night 1 2021
AEW #95: Fyter Fest Night 2 2021
AEW #96: Fight for the Fallen 2021
AEW #97: Homecoming 2021
AEW #104: Grand Slam

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jul 28, 2021

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Procrastinator posted:

i dont think you need to make the inner circle disband when mjf's final stipulation is almost certainly going to threaten jericho's career. i.e. if he loses he's fired or something like that.
Depends on how literal you want MJF to get with the Trials of Hercules metaphor, because Hercules ended up killing his own family at some point and Jericho might too

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Procrastinator posted:

you know, this is a really neat point, thank you
I'm a big mythology geek so it might be the trials in reverse. Jericho was already at the Pantheon as AEW champion and MJF is working him backwards through the Trials of Hercules gimmick by having him metaphorically kill his family until Jericho becomes the Judas. Jericho loses, taken off TV for a while while MJF gets over as the next big heel behind Kenny.

Jericho loves putting people over. PnP and Sammy are over as hell now, MJF is over as hell. After this feud, Jericho isn't necessary anymore, he got a ton of people over and can take a break. The other thing Jericho loves is re-inventing himself, and he's one of the few people in the wrestling industry good at it (Except Painmaker it was lame)

Sammy needs the kind of run that MJF and Darby have already gotten, and I think this whole feud relies on Sammy being the one to ultimately beat MJF, not Jericho.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

In the last 15 months Britt has lost a handful of matches

Hikaru Shida (She won the title off her afterwards)
Nyla Rose (She successfully defended the title against her)

She hasn't won against
Thunder Rosa
Yuka Sakazaki
Big Swole

It's Yuka's last week on tour, give us the match coward Tony. Then give us Big Swole and Thunder Rosa.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Duke Pukem posted:

I know some are a lot higher on Big Swole, but I just dont think she is good in the ring. I'd rather see Diamante against Britt
If the relationship between AEW and NWA are solid, I think Swole winning the title at EmPowerrrr would boost both companies. Swole is over but she needs work, and NWA needs a name big enough to draw shows. The NWA Women's title has almost become the secondary women's title in AEW

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm ashamed to admit that I don't understand the criticism of AEW's Women's Roster. They're getting a solid ~8-10 minutes per show on a two hour program and most women on the roster are over as hell. I'm not being antagonistic but how much of the show should be women's wrestling?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Britt and Riho are demo goddesses but AEW didn't really have a lot to work with. The women's roster in AEW didn't have a Moxley or Jericho or Omega to work with.

If BBT could pull in someone like Kairi, Becky, or Rousey tho.