Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Andrade has the biggest brass balls ever to attempt to go against 3 of the most beloved crowd favorites at once, and without his own posse (he already got Ciero Miedo'd) but I have faith this will be the display of skill that really boosts his stock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

it's time for Jeff Cobb to return and get hired by Pinnacle as one of the labors in a callback to his Inner Circle stint

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

coconono posted:

esp right now when wrestling is resurgent and attractive to a lot of big money people that need to fill content. Its why AEW is hitting their metrics and WWE has to keep penciling over.

It doesn't take 4 months of negotiations with NJPW to come to a deal with WWE loaning out Daniel Bryan. Its literally a phonecall to Rocky Romero going "hey Daniel Bryan's bored and wants to work some NJPW dates, no bullshit and we'll throw $20k as assurance" Instead WWE tacks on a bunch of nonsense stuff like DB has to win every every match or every match placard with DB has to have a WWE logo bigger than NJPW logo.

it probably helps that AEW is stocked to the gills with guys with great reputations in Japan, guys who know how poo poo works there, and are very good friends with big names in NJPW like Okada. I couldn't imagine how anyone thought WWE would have really had an advantage over AEW in terms of a consistent Japan working relationship, especially when guys like KENTA and Ibushi likely warned them.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

StarkRavingMad posted:

I remember when Moxley first appeared on New Japan Strong, back in January I think, and there was this big "how did the Forbidden Door get opened??" question. And Mox went on one of Meltzer's podcasts and was like "I don't know about any door, I called Tony and said 'hey there's this New Japan Strong thing taping like a five hour drive from me and I want to go fight Kenta on it' and Tony said 'ok, cool'"

Having that kind of agility and not having to route things through a shitload of red tape is a huge plus

Tony likely understands that it's mutually beneficial for both sides to have those crossovers for big tournaments + it lets people cycle out and do other cool poo poo while they focus on other members of AEW.

also lol at ROH trying to get Punk and that line about "opponents mean more than money" welp, if that's the case, can't see why anyone would go to ROH over AEW

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol

https://twitter.com/TheGhostLad/status/1418301752047177732?s=20

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Miro and Punk never overlapped in WWE did they? That could be a good feud and another great victory for the Redeemer.

funny enough, Punk was the man who told Miro in his inaugral Royal Rumble "you have to do something big. you need to come after me" which he did, and then Punk left WWE forever. So if anything, would be fitting for Miro to come after him once more to finish the job.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Cavauro posted:

don't forget mel

I still laugh how this poor woman shaved her head for nothing

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

I'm ashamed to admit that I don't understand the criticism of AEW's Women's Roster. They're getting a solid ~8-10 minutes per show on a two hour program and most women on the roster are over as hell. I'm not being antagonistic but how much of the show should be women's wrestling?

right after Britt won, it seemed like they did gently caress-all for a week or so. Rampage badly needs to showcase them more often because so many of them have improved over the pandemic, they need to strike while the iron is white-hot.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Mr. Squishy posted:

The window for Shida to achieve her dream of cutting a promo in front of a live crowd is possibly closing.

lol what? are we sending her up to a farm or something?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1420399161883512846?s=20

tony no, please keep doing what you're doing, DQ/Countouts should be used like once a year

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Tommy End talkin about how he's been brainstorming stuff with Jake the Snake. Can't think of a better guy to ask for advice from, especially if Malakai Black can deliver anything even half as good as the "wallow in the muck of avarice" promo https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1246383-malakai-black-on-aew-creative-well-figure-it-out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ah, so that's what Mel's been up to

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/1420191442362904576?s=20