Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Good Dynamite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The Bee posted:

Wait, holy poo poo, I might actually be free?

Sorry, the debut has been held off until Arthur Ashe.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The Cameo posted:

Scrubbed through the thread and am surprised no one posted the follow up Bodyslam is running to their “Danielson is signed” tweet:

https://twitter.com/casshooole/status/1418010575582412802?s=21

Assuming plans stick and the whole thing isn’t bullshit: Arthur Ashe Stadium

For what it's worth, SRS can't confirm it himself, but he implied Cassidy is credible on this.

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1417998507244466184

KungFu Grip posted:

from last page abotu the touring, imo the only thing weird is them going back to daily's so soon.

I thought so too? i dont know if theres a longer version on their youtube or something, but it seems so oddly split up and disjointed?

It was so weird. Santana is cutting this great impassioned promo and they just instantly cut to FTR cutting their promo and Santana is sitting down.

HidaO-Win posted:

Lance Archer as a transitional champ to get the NJPW US title on Kenny?

Or Mox being pulled in for some high profile matches in NJPW, maybe a big G1 run? Maybe winning it?

I think he's just gonna drop it back to Mox at Resurgence.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Punk can get the bag wherever he goes, definitely sounds like this is about him trying to fix his legacy.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hey, you miss 100% of the shots you dont take.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Cool, maybe she'll be on TV now.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Thunder Rosa should win the title at.....

I guess they've already taped Dark and Elevation, so they have to put it off until Dynamite.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1418304154024484865

Nuuuuuumbeeeeeeeer.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Wait wait wait, I got it. Watch this.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
NUM BER

RO SA

YEEEEEAAAAAAAH

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It was Alex Abrahantes. Penta Says is over.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

xbilkis posted:

I think the ratings were high on account of an ongoing stretch of good shows with compelling storylines, crowds returning to wrestling events, recent debuts creating a sense of "must-see TV" and pre-show rumors of very famous wrestlers signing with the company, among other factors.

Stop fencesitting, the Yuta vs. Abrahantes war has already started.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
btw, kinda got lost in the shuffle but on WOL, Bryan said he doesn't know, but he believes that Punk and Bryan are both signed.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1418023283400667141
https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1418030771646779392

Am I reading a bit too much into this or does Cody seem a little annoyed?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lid posted:

AEW have a new trademark which is a big hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

lol yeah he's signed.

Hey Lid, is your avatar text supposed to be read to the tune of Cult of Personality? Cause I've never been able to make it fit.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Ganso Bomb posted:

It's really cool that the good company is succeeding and their network seems to really like them

They are going to get an absolutely stupid bag from Warner in three years.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Thesz/Flair Wrestler of the Year Jon Moxley drawing the big numbers in the demographic, everybody take a moment to thank Moxley for saving AEW and elevating young up and comer Lance Archer.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Zombie Lemur posted:

I wonder what it's going to take for Jericho to put away Gage that's also able to be shown on TV.

A single Judas Effect.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Ringside Seats straight up makes stuff up. I think Punk is signed but this is very transparently them just catching what way the wind blows so they can say they Had The Scoop the next time they're just blatantly making poo poo up.

Remember, people in AEW dont leak poo poo. The indications about Punk and Bryan have come from outside the company.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/LivingColour/status/1418668999936815109

edit: oh, you guys already talked about this

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

So like, it's 100% done, right? They're both signed, sealed, delivered? We're at the point where people from the AEW office are playing up the rumors, they would look like complete loving morons if they somehow didn't get both at this point.

I Before E posted:

In NJPW 5 on 5 elimination matches, usually the eliminations start when people start getting too exhausted or occupied preventing double teaming to break up pins, or they just get submissions on loss posts.

NJPW also has over-the-top for eliminations, which is very handy because it lets you not actually pin anyone.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hey, is it five labors, then MJF, or is MJF the fifth labor?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah but I think there's little to no Wednesday dates on it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Also, if Punk/Danielson are coming in, there’s less of a need to ensure Jericho has a presence every week to some degree.

Ehhh I dont think we'll necessarily be seeing Punk or Bryan every week.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You must navigate the chair dimension to find the ring.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
....did anybody go for covers before Spears and Sammy got to the ring?

I know there were nearfalls in 2020.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Shard posted:

HE'S JOINED THE DARK ORDER!

HOLD ON TO YOUR CUM YA'LL!

Oh, my god.

Cum.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/The_MJF/status/1419826143906213902

MJF dropping hints at the next two Labors, Will Ospreay and Andrew Luck.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cavauro posted:

goldberg

Stop trying to start a chant.

I said cut it out!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Will & Tankman? I mean it's not TERRIBLE, but...

How are you missing this, it's so obvious, its Bill and Tank's Excellent Adventure, you fool!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Short version is, Painmaker is his NJPW persona and his NJPW persona is that he's not tranquilo, he's fxxing crazy.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1420268353994768385

I can't believe Tony Khan paid off Simone Biles to withdraw right before Wednesday so that she wouldn't affect Dynamite's ratings.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer posted:

The first time a problem has been fixed by adding Chavo.

Edit: More importantly, who came up with Tablet Guy?

Pylons posted:

Yeah, I need the Tablet Guy lore.

Uh, his name is Shoulder Lint Guy, get it right, please.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
QT and Solow don't matter. Ogogo and Comorato are going to be fine. Ogogo would still be on TV getting pushed right now if he hadn't had to go get eye surgery.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

karmicknight posted:

Captain's fall is CMLL specific isn't it? It has been a loving while since I last watched lucha. (thanks AAA lawsuit)

Captain's fall 2/3 does own though.

What's captain's fall?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer posted:

To win a fall you have to either pin the Captain or the other two members of the team. So in random Arena Puebla matches you'll see a guy rolled up, the ref wait, then a second guy rolled up 2 seconds later while the ref slowly counts to three because they couldn't time it right.

They will happen very rarely in Japan too, but it's usually like a 10 man.

karmicknight posted:

Basically each team has a captain, and if the captain takes a fall the match is over. Otherwise you've got to get two of three falls.

So do you have to pin both Shmuck 1 and Shmuck 2 or can you pin Shmuck 1 twice? If Shmuck 1 gets pinned, is he out of the match?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So a pinned shmuck can keep wrestling, but he can't be pinned or pin anyone anymore?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer posted:

Someone brought up how the Dark Order transformed in 2 years, well, Griff Garrison went from "Who the gently caress is Griff Garrison" to one of the most popular babyfaces on the roster in a year! A year ago he was begging MJF for mercy in a squash.

Excuse me, he and MJF merely had a disagreement about MJF's record that MJF resolved by calmly and handsomely explaining to Griff why he was mistaken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDKQ8iK8LWA

Really good segment btw