Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

And then there's this one which is just perfect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM4GUEwdGYY

Man... I had forgotten how much I loved that promo. Thank you for posting it. Still loved him calling AJ ignorant as it went back to Talking Smack and DBry making fun of AJ for being a flat earther. "I'm just asking questions" was AJ's response.

karmicknight posted:

Why would they, they have to 1) be introduced 2) slowly build up their record in AEW 3) get associated with a younger act 4) learn to have fun again.

Whenever they debut, it's only going to be the start of the process.

I mean the big IF they come in I think AEW has built enough trust to do it right. I hope if Punk comes in he gives them a chance instead of just going full bore prick but Bryan Danielson? I can't imagine him coming in being anything other than brilliant. The American Dragon has always been generous to his opponents and he will be the first to want to try and build some younger new talent.

All this said: AEW will not pull a wwe on Cowboy poo poo. Page has worked too hard during their important growing time and built up his own starpower as well as AEW itself. He is a megastar and if anything it will give new additions someone big to bounce off of later. CM Punk and Darby Allin seem to be the most natural feud coming as it's familiar to what Punk did in the past with Raven and Jeff Hardy and so can help him work off the "ring' rust. Dragon's pick? Jungle Boy? My pick for Bryan Danielson would be Sammy Guevara but I'm just a really giant fan of the guy. Orange Cassidy for the same reason. OC influenced me to put "Where is my Mind?" back into playlists.

edit:

Roman Reigns posted:

Christian seems alright
Christian was always awesome

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jul 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Lazy like a Fox posted:

I'm just now rewatching the Archer/Mox match, and the way AEW handles wrestler homecomings really stuck out to me. Like not only did Archer go over, but he also got to enter second, and it seemed like every show they were promoting (Cincinnati, Pittsburgh), they mentioned which AEW stars were from there. Such a far cry from the "you can't go over in your hometown" WWE bullshit.

Agreed. Just a part of why I love this company so much... way back in the day local wrestlers winning in an area was the default as it was an easy way to pop the crowd and let them leave the arena super happy. The whole "losing in your hometown" thing was a purposeful reversal of that but wwe forgot that you don't have to always get heat. AEDub isn't a company made for just one person and it shows.

Dacap posted:

When is the G1? Because the rumours don’t have Danielson debuting in AEW until September

https://www.njpw1972.com/99392

NJPW posted:

G1 Climax 31・September 18 – October 21 2021

Saturday September 18, Sunday September 19・Osaka・EDION Arena

Thursday September 23 (Autumn Equinox Day), Friday September 24・Tokyo・Ota-ku Gymnasium

Sunday September 26 ・Kobe・Kobe World Hall

Wednesday September 29, Thursday September 30・Tokyo・Korakuen Hall

Friday October 1・Hamamatsu・Hamamatsu Arena

Sunday October 3・Aichi・Dolphins’ Arena

Saturday October 9・Osaka・EDION Arena

Tuesday October 12, Wednesday October 13 ・Sendai・Xebio Arena

Thursday October 14・Yamagata・Yamagata Sports Center

Monday October 18・Yokohama・Yokohama Budokan

Wednesday October 20, Thursday October 21・Tokyo・Nippon Budokan

edit:

Cerebral Bore posted:

As long as Hangman beats Kenny for the belt in the main event I don't think anybody would give a poo poo.
gently caress.Yes. Please. Let him win and then his good buddies DO come out and celebrate and nobody backstabs or turns on each other. People shout COWBOY poo poo at the screen as it turn black and for a moment you just have a black screen and people chanting COWBOY poo poo!

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jul 23, 2021

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Davros1 posted:

I can see Bryan coming in, looking at the roster, and saying, "Ooh, give me Penta. Give me Fenix. Give me Sammy, Orange, Jungle Boy, Dante Martin. Hell, give me Fuego!"

Punk, on the other, I don't think would accept anything less than a main event slot.

With Danielson: oh yeah. Seriously a million dream match ups and I would love if he got a Mox deal as I've been dreaming about this for like a decade now. All of your list makes me so loving happy.

Don't get too down on Punk tho as a motivated Punk in the past was amazing. I get annoyed with curmudgeons as much as anyone (I must confess that I too can be a bit of a dick at times) but if I'm in a happy place it leads me to turn into a giant hippy. Give Punk a chance as we might have said "Lou Parper? Who the hell is this jobber and what has he ever done?" I would not have said that but some might. Let AEW work its magic.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

King Bahamut posted:

All this talk about Punk’s music when there’s a chance we could get Final Countdown

I know I thought it but… I’m almost scared to get too hype for Danielson. If I heard that stinger and saw him I would mark out so ridiculously that some mean goon would stuff me in a locker after calling me a nerd. Probably Cavauro as he seems like a guy who is buff and tall. His posting is strong style and straight from the dojo.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Nick Jr. Face posted:

I loved listening to TK on Jericho's podcast. Dude was a legit die-hard wrestling fan growing up and it shows in the product.

Yeah his love of wrasslin is probably the largest factor in what makes AEW such a fun place to be. I love that so many old vets are flocking there not to steal the spotlight but just to be a part of making it go on to the next generation. So many of these old guy have plenty to give even if they cant put on tights and go 20 minutes any more. Speaking of....

DLC Inc posted:

Tommy End talkin about how he's been brainstorming stuff with Jake the Snake. Can't think of a better guy to ask for advice from, especially if Malakai Black can deliver anything even half as good as the "wallow in the muck of avarice" promo https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1246383-malakai-black-on-aew-creative-well-figure-it-out
I. loving. Love. This.
Malakai Black has a ton of nerd energy he wants to give but Jake has enough talent and credentials that he can take this "young guy's" ideas and help refine them. Garth Marenghi Black was fun but Jake can help make this guy legit scary. Seriously, nobody can do quiet menace like the Snake. That and this will help Jake as well, since he can be a positive influence and leave a lasting impression on the world he devoted his life to. Really feel good moment and I hope poo poo like this keeps the old vets happy. Would be nice to see Jake the Snake have some peace for a chance. If only Brodie got more time...

MassRafTer posted:

This was left on my car this afternoon.

That makes me want to put my hands in my pockets and gently kick the driver in the shin.

yea ok posted:

im excited for aew dynamite