Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

The Bee posted:

Wait, holy poo poo, I might actually be free?

Bryan Danielson runs in slow motion towards a 50-foot-tall concrete wall. He delivers a flying knee that breaks a massive hole through it. He turns around.

"YOU'RE ALL FREE NOW!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Cavauro posted:

krang from ninja turtles has signed with AEW

No one knows who Krang is. It would be a waste of time to talk about Krang on television. No! More! Krang!

Vince MechMahon posted:

Does the time he himself got possessed by stardust count? Was he ever friends with husky Harris???

There was this.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

coconono posted:

And Tall Paul would be Dibiase.

The One-Man Mega Bucks.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

People make the comparison of modern WWE to latter day WCW, but right now AEW is really hitting the feel I had for WWE in 2000.

I recall being in MSG, waiting to be let in for Royal Rumble 2000. Chris Jericho was the latest big acquisition to jump to the company from WCW and was figuring himself out, but there was the open secret that ECW's Taz was going to be the mystery opponent against Kurt Angle on the show, which itself was exciting. The waiting fans chanted "WE WANT TAZ!" until it died down. Then they started chanting "WE WANT BENOIT!" because the garbage fire of WCW was letting some of their most talented and underutilized guys sneak out the door to WWF. He and the others wouldn't be showing up for a week or so, but whatever. They were probably on their way and there was so much potential on the horizon.

All this, plus I was about to check out an exciting product that didn't need all these new names, but was still better for it.

AEW has me pumped and a bit nostalgic, is what I'm saying.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Miro and Punk never overlapped in WWE did they? That could be a good feud and another great victory for the Redeemer.

Rusev's main roster debut was the 2014 Rumble, Punk's last match. Punk helped eliminate him, since they were doing the "multiple guys need to work together to throw out the hoss" spot.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Tony's looking at the adjective.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

CM Punk shows up as part of a team of masked outcasts with Erick Rowan as their leader.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Shinjobi posted:

CM Punk should come out to Sonic the Hedgehog music

which track? pick one

Gangsta's Paradise.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

rantmo posted:

Sure sounds to me like the ring gear he'll be wearing on Wednesday.

And he's going to alter it to be Dark Order colors.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Haven’t seen it, but I kind of love how it effectively removes the isolation heat and hot tags from the menu in how to lay out the match.

There was a funny bit at King of Trios way back where Chuck Taylor was beating down Bobby Dempsey for your basic isolation heat and decided to throw him to the outside while his partners screamed, "What are you doing?!" One of Dempsey's partners entered the ring like it was a hot tag.

Moments later, Chuck's on the apron with his partner Gran Akuma and he's all, "Since when does leaving the ring count as a tag?!"

"Since always!"

You can still do isolation heat with lucha tag rules by throwing the guy back into the ring when the ref doesn't see him roll out to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Shard posted:

I don't know where to pose this lol so enjoy Beta Ray Bill pulling out a rainmaker.

This is why he's worthy to lift Mjolnir.