Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Sorry if any of you find yourselves being shoved into a wall for 6 seconds straight while my homies beat on you. I'm just laxin' over here. :frogc00l:

Edit: I had a game in which, when faced with having 10 HP, and charging straight for a berry, the bulbasaur on my team ate both and left me for dead. They'd go on to AFK when no one came to their rescue. What I'm trying to say is, there's too many players running for personal glory. People keep preventing my lax from leveling all the time by scooping up my kills. Even when I'm underleveled beating on mobs.

War Wizard fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Aug 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Phenotype posted:

...doesn't pay enough attention to the minimap to notice a teamfight happening just offscreen.

Oh I see that fight happening. But ya'll (not specifically anybody here) took every. single. kill. from me so now I'm too underleveled to even engage. So I'm just gonna beat up mobs while you're distracted so I can finally level. If you starve teammates (even snorlax) to the point that they're under the average level by 2, then stop stealing their kills in a drive-by. You can't blame people for not joining in fights they're doomed to die in when you helped put them in the situation.
Edit: that said, stealing kills from completely clueless teammates may be necessary. You can still win with afk teammates since they won't be pulling any mob exp for themselves. But clueless people end up eating mobs and getting nothing out of it (*throws self into 1v3 on opposing lane side*)

On another note, some friends and I got a 4 person team going in the same room and it's crazy how much some simple verbal communication (there, Now, hold it, see it, on my way) goes to helping steamroll a bunch of randos.

War Wizard fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Aug 7, 2021

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

I've only had about 2 games where it was so bad, that it really felt like the team had it out for me. But there's a million examples of me wailing on some mob just for a friendly Absol to run in, take the kill, then gently caress off forever. Well poo poo. Whatever. I'll go kill some other mob, poo poo, here comes Charizard to knock off the last 1% with his breath hits, lol, guess I need to get my burst damage more exact.

It's just frustrating when it happens, and it's not like they're helping me take down any mobs. They just see a mob with low HP and decide it's easy pickings.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

I lost a game because the drift problem with my switch controller interrupts dunking. It would have been a last second dunk for 100 points that would have saved the game, but no, inferior Nintendo hardware will decide whether you win or not, lol!

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Had a game last night: At the 8 min mark I went to spy on Zap since we were ahead and the opposing team would likely go for him, but while trying to get the mobs in the area I accidentally auto locked on Zap and began the confrontation. This pulled my allies into it, which was bad because then the opposing team will come in and snipe it. It was all going FUBAR! Then I saved the day from my own butterfingers. Zap hits pretty hard and in large area, so I just used Snorlax' block to shove the entire enemy team into Zap's pen. Then my screen exploded with lights and effects and 1.6 seconds later I was the only thing left standing and our team took the win. I guess my team ult the crap out of the pen but I honestly couldn't tell you what happened to kill the enemy team and zap.

Edit: also a quick question. When someone has a light bulb over their head does that mean they're using the EXP booster?

War Wizard fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Aug 17, 2021

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Holy poo poo one thing she just said is that you lose more performance rank points for surrendering than just taking the loss

That's dumb. Super dumb. You shouldn't be punished for cutting your losses and saving everyone a few minutes of their time.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

The obtuse mechanics are annoying as crap but tbh they don't bug me nearly as much as the fact that you simply cannot access the point score at any point until the end.

I get why people hate this, but with how many people who rage quit because they couldn't land a kill or dunk while running into 4 enemies on their own point, I don't also need people bailing out because it's 0 - 15 at the 1 minute mark.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

I proposed a surrender on a game we won, but it was only because we had a person AFK and two junglers. I figured that wouldn't work out in the long run, but I guess the other team was just terrible enough. It was pretty close the whole game and then we got Zap.

I also had a game where we surrendered despite being in the lead. But that was immediately after losing Zap and getting team wiped trying to manage it.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Whoever mentioned trying flail with Lax now wasn't kidding. They buffed it to make Ground pound less attractive, but now it's fricken bonkers. I one-shot slapped an ivysaur dead from 50% health. Toot toot, freight train coming through! :toot:

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

I leave a lot of teammates to die when they insist on forever engagements with the opposing team. Like, neither of us have any points to dunk, and the lane mobs are back, just choke them out of their mob grind and we'll be fine. No? Just gonna keep running into them? Okay, you do you.

That or the opposing team is obviously heading to our T2 goal and instead of defending the point, they'll run ahead to engage them halfway down the lane. Dood, they're coming to the point, fight them where we have the advantage. No? Just gonna die in a 1v3+rotom. I uh.. don't see how that's helping. Seems more like purposely feeding the enemy team.

That said, I'm seeing more competence even in non-ranked matches. Alot more pubbies pushing the mid lane mobs right at the start, bigger fights on Dreadmaw, and more people using pings to coordinate. I personally can never hit the "headed to bottom lane" ping, it always flicks to a different one when I let go. I try to check players trainer cards during the game load to see if they're still in default clothes, it's usually a good indicator of how newbie I can expect them to be.

This game needs a berry at the spawn that resets your abilities. 1 time per player per match. It's would allow for a switch up in early/late game meta, and it's not out of line with regular MOBAs.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Portrait icon in the top left (L button) goes to trainer info screen. The push X at the profile section to edit, and X again while editing to update fashion.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Phenotype posted:

bees are important

and im glad that you're farming

but they're at zapdos

Lmao

Phenotype posted:

e: Is there an updated Item Build guide that anyone follows? I'd like to know where the top tier players came down on Energy Amplifier, and whether or not Assault Vest is actually seeing use now. is actually best-in-slot for half the roster.

In the "give item" screen you can press Y to see what other players are using.
I only use assault vest with snorlax because his heath pool is large enough, but it still only blocks like 1 sp attack, and I die from basic attacks with a full shield fooling me into thinking I can still take a hit. The Score shield is necessary for slower goal-getters. You get Health, XP when you score, and you're invincible during the animation. I've tanked on point by repeatedly scoring while being attacked.

Personally I go with the focus band. 42% of my health back when health is critical, sure! It regularly saves my rear end when falling back.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Phenotype posted:

dont surrender after you lose zapdos I want to get my 100 point slam jam

I've noticed a game where my point slams after surrender still counted for MVP, but the score at surrender is what appeared in the tally screens.

So you just gotta get there fast enough.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Pamela Springstein posted:

the 3v3 quick map, Auroma park or whatever, freaking sucks and is all about pve for double point dunks. but, flail Snorlax is really good there.

Garchomp thrives in this arena.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Do I want the Snorlax outfit? I could have 610 upgrade tokens instead. I already got all held items to a base level of 10. 600 tokens maybe gets me another 2 to lvl 20. But Snorlax is my main, and I even got his berry outfit. It's such a hard choice.

I'm also sitting on 20,000 coins because I can't decide to spend them. The only other pkm that I got is Garchomp (big mistake). I want a Support, but can't choose. And I don't want to accidentally get another lemon.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Still waiting to test run Blissey. But I did have fun with Lucario, and I'm really thinking of getting 'em. Extreme Speed is just so powerful combined with X-attack and fighting on top of the bee mob. You just zip 7 times around everybody doing massive damage, then finish with a bone rush and escape, and if you almost die it's fine cuz you get a massive shield. Lotsa fun.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Can anybody get the preregistration rewards? The red pip appears over the events section, but there's no "claim rewards" button in the section.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

Next auto after using an ability is boosted, and if you're melee, it also applies a move slow.

This works pretty well with extreme speed Lucario.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Boywunda posted:

As well, I'm very curious how Razor will be with Lucario as the extreme speed, basic attack, extreme speed basic attack combo seems like it could be deadly.

It is. I one shot a full HP Zezora(?) with extreme speed. The trick is getting the ExSpd basic attack consistently. It's hard to manually aim and get the boosted attack.
It's going to get nerfed. It has to.

I'm curious to see if Weakness Policy works with Garchomp.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Lucario's Extreme Speed got fixed and is no longer one shoting mobs and opponents. Still a blue blur. Still dangerous. Just much less broken.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Shoegazing posted:

Send an invite to the squad #G1A5RQNY and let me know your unite username

I sent an invite. My username is Crasherson. I'm good with Snorlax, Lucario, Mr.Mime, and Garchomp.

Pro-tip, Garchomp does better in top lane. He can maintain rage longer.

War Wizard fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Sep 28, 2021

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

I.. I just can't anymore.

I'm so so so tired of this game screwing me every chance it gets.

Every game is either:.
-all my teammates are awful, they either all go four in a lane, don't prioritize objectives, or argue over center. (Three speedsters? Wtf.)
Or
-everything goes fine, everything is pretty standard, despite being in the lead we lose zap, and so we lose.

Out of my last 10 games, I've won maybe 2.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

The Deleter posted:

Be warned - there's an exploit going around where by doing some weird poo poo where an entire team tries not to score and surrenders early, the game bugs out and gives the win to them instead of the other team. I'd stay away from ranked until it gets hotfixed.

Lol.. is it a 0 - 0 tie and the surrendering team wins?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

I stopped playing when it became obvious that everytime a new 'mon gets released it's obviously OP for a while and there's no rush to fix it since it'll help it sell for money.