Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

So apparently once you get to master you won't get ranked down? That explains why a lot of master level pubbies throw the game / play Pokémon they don't know in ranked.

I'm nearly there, from lucky matchmaking and from playing an hour or so every few days with friends. We usually run healer Blissey, zone denial Ninetails, and flail/yawn Snorlax (me). Flail/yawn is great as unlike the quick stun of stomp or the mechanics of block, pubbie players actually notice when the enemy is totally asleep or getting 1/5th of their health sloughed off per hit.

Blissey has amazing game breaking potential, like turning Cramorant into an unkillable turret or keeping a flailing low health Snorlax alive forever. If any support makes S rank, it'll be Blissey players who are active on comms.

I tried this Snorlax set on a whim and it was extremely effective and a lot more fun than Heavy Slam/Block. There was one match where I got 22 kills and that was without a Blissey using Helping hand to make Snorlax's basic attack even more insane. I understand why people are reluctant to give up Heavy Slam/Block but they're really sleeping on this set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
I like this site https://unite-db.com/.

They've managed to figured out the exact numbers behind everything so you can see exactly what your items and moves do. Unfortunately some of their held items builds aren't the best. Generally everyone likes Muscle Band, Focus Band and Buddy Barrier so those three are great options to use for your 3 free level 30 items. Pokemon that rely a lot on critical hits like Charizard and Absol will want to run Scope Lens. Razor Claw is good for Melee Assassins like Talonflame or Zeroara. Exp Share is nice for supports that get their finished kit early like Blissey or Eldegoss. Lastly Score Shield can be completely obnoxious on Defenders especially when paired with Buddy Barrier.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Xad posted:

lucario has one shield on their passive when they get to low health, and they have no way of healing themselves so I'm not really sure what you're talking about here other than "has many dashes"

Dashes can function as a form of self healing since it allows you to get away to a tower or Sitrus Berry or even better steal an opponents Sitrus Berry. The shield passive makes him extra oppressive early on when damage is already low. There's a reason a lot of tournament teams leave Lucario to handle the top lane entirely on his own and send 3 to the bottom lane instead.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Generally the stats provided by the individual emblems are going to be slightly less important than completing color sets. A full set of 10 gold Sp. Atk boosting emblems will give you an additional 30 special attack whereas 6 green emblems boosts your special attack by 4% when special attackers tend to have 1000+ special attack at level 15. It will be more effective earlier in the game but that's assuming you do in fact have all golds which is unlikely. Green/Black was the go to build for special attack because it was very easy to get both green and black maxed out. Critical Hit% was actually one of the few stats to prioritize on the the emblems since there isn't a color that boosts it yet. Every pokemon is going to have a dump stat so if you have multiple emblems that can complete a color stat then pick one that boosts your primary stat or lowers a stat you don't use (crit for pokemon that can't crit, sp. attack on physical mons etc.).

The changes are pretty minor overall. Completing a color set or stacking a full set of 10 in a certain stat is usually going to add up to about as much as the secondary stat boost on a level 30 held item (HP for Score Shield, Sp. Atk on Choice specs) so it's generally pretty minor unless you're focusing on going all in on a stat.