Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I liked the show quite a lot. The first episode and finale were the weakest link in the whole thing but the rest were really solid with a few stumbles here and there. I only read the first book and part of the second (I'll probably finish up the second book but end it there) so I know some of the changes and I really have no strong opinions one way or the other except maybe for liking the show versions of Lan, Moiraine and Nynaeve better than their book counterparts. The casting was excellent overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

How are u posted:

I liked it in general, but the last two eps were Not Great. The Dragon reveal was Not Great. It was OK, but not what it could have been.

Those last two episodes feel like "holy poo poo, covid is loving everything up" production calls. It's the only way I can reconcile a lot of the show being very good (with a few missteps, in my opinion) to the last two just kind of floundering and having very weird creative decisions.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I'm the odd duck out here. I'm (slowly) going through book 2 and I'm losing interest. It's probably the last book of the franchise I'm going to read. I understand why people say it meanders because this book is that personified. I guess I'd maybe be more enthused if I read it while the books were still coming out but with the knowledge that there are a dozen more books after this really killed my interest. A shame because I enjoyed the first book well enough, as derivative as some ideas were. I get why people like these and I do envy them but I just don't have the time or inclination to read anymore after this.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

AnEdgelord posted:

I would say Book 4 is second best in the series behind the last one and WAY ahead of the rest of the series, seriously Shadow Rising was such a breath of fresh air when I got to it

Not to get into spoilers but is book 4 where one character who was considered kinda crap and lower tier up to that point becomes the best character?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I read the first three books and thought that aspect was bad and poorly dated - it reeks of gender essentialism. The show was clumsy in its changes, I won't argue that, but I'm glad they made an attempt. I liked the first book well enough but after the third I was done with it all and I wouldn't have made it through that third book if one character didn't do a 180 and became amazing.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Would be awesome if Sally Sedai could channel saidin. She'd be top tier dommy mommy. Everyone would approve and Jordon would be Jeremiah Johnson nodding from beyond the grave.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Jordan seems to dislike tavern keepers. Almost all of them tend to be overweight. Cooks too.

It was said before but the worst thing a woman can be described as, with the exception of tavern keepers and cooks, is "handsome" which means she's not some smoking hot babe.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Apr 25, 2023

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Wheel of Time would be improved ten fold if Moiraine was the focus and not Rand. Fan art or not, they're on the right track at least.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

I don't agree but based on interviews with the showrunner I have good news for you

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of what I read of the first four books overall so whatever changes they make I'd have little to complain about. There are a few things but they already made Thom into a nothing character in the first season so whatever damage they can do can be no worse than that for me.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Rand needs a soul patch to complete that 00's douchebag default protagonist look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

CainFortea posted:

Add a lip ring and frosted tips and you're on

He only gets those the more he taps into the saidin.