Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

New Japan is running what's probably their most stacked card since COVID tomorrow morning even tho we still don't even know what the main event is. Ibushi's been suffering from a serious pneumonia related illness and seems doubtful to return. Tana cut a classic GOAT go home promo on this morning's show and laid down a challenge if they need him. That *seems* like the way to bet but otoh there has to be some genuine hope that the original plans can still happen if they didn't make it official right there.

Other than what's almost certain to be a fantastic main it's a loaded card filled with title matches and an Okada singles match. If you're one of the people who are curious about Shingo as champion but have grown sick of the weak split cards they've booked this year this is the time to check back in.

The preshow featuring a New Japan Ranbo with handcuffs starts at 3:00 EDT/8:00 BST/17:00 JST with the main card starting an hour later.

WRESTLE GRAND SLAM in TOKYO DOME
July 25th
Preshow: 3:00 EDT/8:00 BST/16:00 JST
Main card: 4:00 EDT/9:00 BST/17:00 JST

Preshow: New Japan Ranbo with Handcuffs for Provisional KOPW 2021
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Championship:Bullet Club(c) (Taiji Ishimori and El Phantasmo) vs. Mega Coaches
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship:El Desperado(c) vs. Robbie Eagles
Special Single Match:Kazuchika Okada vs. Jeff Cobb
IWGP Heavyweight Tag Championship:L.I.J (c) (Tetsuya Naito and SANADA) vs. Dangerous Tekkers
IWGP World Heavyweight Championship:Shingo Takagi(c) vs. Kota Ibushi or perhaps more likely Hiroshi Tanahashi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

he has one of the company's top guys holding the belt and feuding with an established and over tag team. it's the number two title on japanese shows rn and this is like the last time i'd complain about that company's often incredibly bad tag title booking

speaking of other titles, hiromu's been cleared for anyone still unaware and i imagine he makes an appearance on this show in some capacity

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

this has been great but i’m sorry i missed the rest of the show after being unable to get a nap in after seeing the setup in nagoya

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

i’m surprised how well the crowd is coming across in a giant empty building. they must have the floor miced a lot better than usual? i was almost suspicious at first but a fake clap track wouldn’t conform to the action this week

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

also is anyone else having chromecast issues? watching on my laptop and posting on my phone as i can’t get it to work at all with either language track

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Your next darkness world champion

This is such a cool theme btw

the theme is amazing shame about how they handled everything else wuth him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Yoshitatsu, Kazarian & Billy Gunn vs. EVIL, Dick Togo & Doc Gallows at Resurgence 🙏

it's time to forgive captain new japan for getting into debt with questionable people while gambling and bring him back