Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Main event was good, but the opener took me out of the show and FTR winning just really soured me. FTR are a great tag team, they've had some great matches, but another Bucks/FTR match does less than nothing for me. The rest of the show was okay.

Hope Charlotte had a blast though. I think they were at Charlotte tonight, I can never tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

JR specifically said that Hangman/Kenny was far from over, so I don’t think Hangman is necessarily getting cooled back off. It’s not like Kenny isn’t behaving in increasingly erratic ways and wouldn’t do something like challenge Page anyway even if the latter followed the stip and walked away from his current #1 ranking.

Obviously don’t know what the plan is, but I don’t see Hangman going all the way to the back of the line immediately.

Then they shouldn't have added the stipulation.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Cody needs to start getting blazed like Gandalf if that's his promo art

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I love Christian and I feel a Kenny feud would feel really out of place currently. Especially while the Hardy feud is still very much chugging right along.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Eat My Fuc posted:

I went into my local dominos to demand Justice for AEW and got into a fight with the manager. Luckily before every fight I taser my own balls so I can still look strong in defeat like Goldberg did

AN ALL ELITE PATRIOT

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's a misstep. You could get a time machine to give me peak DDP vs Kenny Omega right now and I'd still not give a poo poo. I'm not running away to the WWE or anything, but this dampens my interest in upcoming AEW events. Whether the Bucks drop the titles to FTR or not is irrelevant, neither team is particularly engaging to me. Omega isn't dropping the belt to anyone but Hangman, and dragging that out another four months feels like exactly that--dragging.

Miro is the only champion I'm pumped about, and currently he's scheduled to murder...some guy. Yeah it'll be cool to see Danielson and Punk again, but it's not going to fix the bigger issues I'm having with the show.

Regardless of how I feel about Omega/Page, I'm still just lost on FTR winning. PnP are too good to keep playing second fiddle to every other tag team in the division. It's frustrating.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

IcePhoenix posted:

Maybe they're gonna do Kenny/Switch title v title

I hadn't considered this, and this could work, actually.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

projecthalaxy posted:

They weren't midcarders over at other fed so they're bad and you're extremely stupid for thinking they were ever going to succeed

Ah dang

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

kidcoelacanth posted:

i too have opinions on this

Yo tone it down, ya mark

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Eat My Fuc posted:

CM Punk is the stay puff marshmellow man

I'm coming around on the Hangman loss now

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Natural 20 posted:

Oh stop being disingenuous.

They won't.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I will also make poo poo up wholesale on what people are annoyed about

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hangman is my dad and the badguys beat up my dad and now I'm trying to convince my dad to quit his job and go to japan

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I always wondered

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
"It's a misstep"

"Wow I can't believe you think AEW is cancelled."

Swirling around in a toilet bowl, forever

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I touched the ceiling first

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Apologies for the lunch time meltdown. It's been a week.

I am looking forward to Miro forgiving people for the foreseeable future.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Enjoy a nice cold BEER and a pipin' hot PIZZA before watching your favorite WRESTLING

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Cum Park plaza saving my Friday

Cause it stunk

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I have now bet all of my savings that we get Kenny Omega versus Luther at All Out

It's the only option left

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MotU posted:

its bad. it was explained why it was bad. youre focused on the wwe part of the explanation but i think wwe would even have more sense. its bad booking because it makes everyone look like a fool, including the booker

just because they're too far gone off the deep end to make the mistake doesn't really count, that's unfair

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Gonna laugh if Dominos does nothing (pretty likely) and AEW walks away with an extra sponsor in a very desperate Pabst Blue Ribbon.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Put Bray Wyatt in AEW, but as a ref.

He can still look like a swamp shaman, but he still wears the stripes

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Dacap posted:

Tony was right about the teleporting. Broken Matt had run it’s course twice at that point and the current Big Money Matt gimmick is a way better fit for AEW and Matt is doing his best work in years with it while elevating a bunch of other performers.

I will disagree slightly with Tony, as without stupid magic deletion Matt Hardy we wouldn't have had the goofy swimming pool of reincarnation bit of Stadium Stampede with PnP. That poo poo was great.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Wyatt was a victim of his own booking, but full disclosure while I thought the Fiend was an interesting enough idea at its start I could not even begin to figure out how you book that with the Firefly Funhouse stuff on top of it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
https://twitter.com/EvilUno/status/1421533577653669888?s=20

lmao

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I can't hate Gallows, no matter what happens

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think Christian/Omega, if it happens, would be a great match. I trust both of em to out on a show that impresses even their haters. Helps that I like both of em!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cerebral Bore posted:

So they sold well over ten thousand tickets merely on the rumour that CM Punk will show up.

Remember when people here were aguing that AEW shouldn't sign Punk and that it'd a bad move for business? Good times.

I'm willing to admit I'm pretty shocked about it. I liked Punk quite a bit, but I figured he was done and had kinda written him off. I'm looking forward to seeing him in a ring again but I did not expect this kind of reaction. Maybe it being AEW/not the WWE has something to do with the level of excitement? I don't know.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Somehow I had forgotten the venue was in Chicago. For some reason I was getting it confused with the New York one, which is also selling out.

Makes more sense.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

DeathChicken posted:

Undertaker vs Punk at Wrestlemania 29 is pretty special just for the crowd reaction. Solidly 50/50 between both guys, until *one point* in the match

Bonus points for that reaction burning out the crowd so much that the following Brock vs Triple H match was dead silence

It helps that Brock vs Trips would have been poo poo even without Punk/Taker before it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

1)Nick Jackson's delivery as a heel is growing increasingly hilarious to me. I don't know exactly what it is, but I'm enjoying him.

2)This BTE was crafted specifically to make me meltdown again ITT

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Kidd Bandit is my new hero

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

DEAR RICHARD posted:

i kinda fell out of aew, but kidd bandit is bringing me back

when is he winning on the dynamite?

He's already the new leader of the Dark Order and he kicked Hangman out. -1 is his biggest fan and doesn't care about 10 anymore.

My soul hurts.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cavauro posted:

what do you think JR would call kidd bandit. because he hates calling wrestlers juvenile names

Skippy John Thuglord

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

yea ok posted:

AEW: Homecoming is soon. I’ll admit it - I’m excited.

Brave

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Cody Rhodes is a loving dweeb but goddammit he's our dweeb.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Need Stu Grayson to pretend that Anna is possessing his arm.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The only person I can safely dunk on is myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Julia thing was dumb but fine, I don't think that's really the issue. The Biles thing is a really bad look but that was taped a week ago, but the Duke lacrosse thing is disgusting. 1/3 means he needs he to rethink it for next week. The company will handle it, or it won't, and then they can have a stupid/easily fixable problem on your hands.