Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Page realizes that there's more to life than titles after Dark Order sticks with him in spite of the loss. Kenny tries to rub his face in it, but Hangman is unfazed to the point where it drives Kenny crazy and he makes the challenge himself.

Omega's character isn't stupid, but it is megalomaniacal enough for things to go that way.

I wasn't thrilled about the result tonight, but I'm willing see how things play out because they've done well with long term storytelling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Hangman should go late stage WCW Sid Vicious and inexplicably win 20 matches a week that no one sees.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Nick Jr. Face posted:

I get why people think Hangman's chase for the title is over because of the stipulations for the 5v5 match but I have more than enough faith that they will book around it. This isn't WWE where Dark Order would be broken up the following week with no plan in sight and Hangman would be relegated to feuding with QT Marshall or whoever

The only thing I really worry about is that a bunch of people are conditioned to expect that kind of bullshit and may check out before they get to see the payoff.

It's a fine line to walk, but I think they can pull it off based on their track record. I do wonder if other people might not be so patient. But that might just be me being a broke brained weirdo that finds stuff to fret about in everything.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Lamuella posted:

I'm not sure I'd count that as "blackface". It was a mask he removed. If this counts as blackface then Uno, the Blade, and Andrade are in blackface too.

I thought it was face paint at first and I was like "oh no no no".

I wonder if MJF not paying Gage will come into play later on, even though it's only been mentioned on Twitter for now. I'm pretty sure the stipulation of the Labors is that no member of the Inner Circle is allowed to interfere, so that leaves a loophole if they want to use it.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Cerebral Bore posted:

Not to be rude or anything, but how in the gently caress was it not completely obvious that Jericho was wearing a mask?

It was basically a split second of confusion for me because I'm not used to seeing him wear a mask. I was expecting face paint and my brain didn't process it immediately.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I wasn't hyped for Juvi, but who else from that era who worked with Jericho isn't either dead or retired?

The obvious choice would've been Malenko, but with him having Parkinson's that's not an option.

I guess they could've brought in Psicosis and his rad public domain theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMA5Z_N2h4w

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I was always a La Parka man myself.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Blitzkrieg was ridiculous, like playing a video of a WCW cruiserweight match at 1.5 speed on youtube.

For some reason there was a rumor at my school that he was X-Pac's brother. Wrestling was big enough that that was a thing that a fair amount of people talked about.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Can Chavo still go? I guess he wouldn't be much of a surprise since he's already there, but he's also not the trainwreck that Juvi is.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

RealFoxy posted:

For some reason I can imagine Shaq volunteering to get cut with a pizza cutter by Nick Gage on Dynamite now just to convince people to buy his pizzas.

Icy Hot patch used as a weapon when?

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Genie Stable built around Shaq and Yuka.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Dominos is going full Streisand Effect. The meme would've run its course and that would have been that. It's going to stick around a bit longer now.

At least Gage can sell some merch off of this.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

lol look at the kicker from the guy who wrote that article:

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1420892318639534088?s=21

Also, had never heard of Front Office Sports dot Com before this afternoon.

"it's bloody matches"

fez_machine posted:

There better be a t-shirt with the Noid getting sliced

Gage may have robbed a bank but at least he never inspired a hostage situation.

The last time Domino's got this much attention was when they ran ad campaign about how lovely their product is.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Making
Domino's
Kvetch

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Waffleopolis posted:

Put Nick Gage in a Noid costume and have him bust up other pizza joints and mascots.

Little Caesar kills my immersion because you know he's never actually going to stab anyone with that spear.

Although, Rome Hat could use some backup.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Evil Badman posted:

Little Caesar famously not related to stabbing.

He's a stabbee not a stabber.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I guess it shouldn't surprise me due to the general state of the world, but it's funny that they keep harping on "violence is chasing fans away" when it's demonstrably false. At least find something more subjective to be disingenuous about.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Great move by Domino's to speak up and get more eyes on the thing they were upset about instead of ignoring it and letting the meme die in a day or two.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Jericho will hit a picture perfect 630 and the camera will cut to Sammy wiping tears of joy from his eyes.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Cum Park,
My Lord

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Cumming Sparks was a missed opportunity.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Crapple! posted:

Just to reiterate, WWE doesn't consider AEW competition and they are extremely not gotten to

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1421323155055030275

Going through back channels to gently caress with sponsors is the exact same thing as making fun of something in a promo. I'm a very smart and serious person who understands things, as evidenced by the skull profile picture on this Twitter account.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Saul Goode posted:

This can all be saved with a battle royale to determine Omega's next opponent, the winner being a masked luchador, who unmasks to reveal...

Dean Malenko!

Then Dean Malenko unmasks to reveal Ciclope.

Jerusalem posted:

I really, really, really want MJF to try and stiff Nick Gage on his payment because he didn't beat Jericho, and now Nick Gage is the loving paperboy from Better Off Dead.

MJF said something to the effect of "MDK no loving pay" on Twitter after the match. I'm hoping they go somewhere with it too.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I think you can do something with the rules of the Labors of Jericho in regards to Gage, because I'm pretty sure MJF said no Inner Circle members can help or the deal is off. I don't think there's anything in the rules about other people.

Gage is kind of a loophole there, they'd just have to reference MJF stiffing him on TV.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
They're going to redo Sting vs Hogan with Omega and Page with Daniel Bryan as Bret Hart.

Kenny wins with a "fast" count, Bryan restarts the match but Hangman loses again anyway. Then Bryan challenges Hangman and Hangman loses to Bryan.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Well, we were speculating on who was going to watch Britt's back...

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I feel sorry for Mel because basically everyone else that started poorly was able get over even if it was in a small way, but she's just so bad.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

AsInHowe posted:

It's gonna be great to have the United Center show marred by a horribly rapped Brad Aldrich joke.

Something something "cover you up like Stan Bowman".

Caster's rap was really lovely and went too far. There's some places you don't need to go for heat.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

AsInHowe posted:

i'm swinging a bat and swinging my dick
got you cornered at my place like i'm Brad Aldrich

yeah, if this were WWE, they'd sexually harass and intimidate the old fashioned way, by making the women get cartoonish breast implants

Hopefully we only get nice, wholesome jokes about Patrick Kane beating up a cabdriver and not the um..other Patrick Kane stuff.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

xbilkis posted:

Sensitivity training taught me a bad joke hurts
Tony's keeping me off TV like his name's Bill Wirtz

The Bill Wirtz line is genius and I'd pop like the huge dork that I am if I heard someone make that reference.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Since people brought it up earlier, I'm curious, were people this angry at Sammy when he said he wanted to rape Sasha on a podcast? That comment wasn't even in kayfabe like Caster's rap or an attempt at a joke, right? He just straight up said he wanted to rape her?

Not that one should be forgiven because it's less worse than the other but it's interesting how much more ire Max attracts every time.

People were really pissed off about Sammy, I don't remember if people were pushing for him to get fired but people were mad.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Lid posted:

Like peoe saying the Larry Nassar never heard of? It was one if the biggest scandals in sports history with literally hundreds of child victims. Pretty much every American female gymnast in the last 20 years you've seen in the Olympics was molested by him. This is not obscure.

To be honest, I didn't immediately connect the Biles line to Nassar. So I was like "oh ho ho, mental health problems are hilarious" :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

IcePhoenix posted:

There are 350 new posts in the last four hours and I didn't see any big news on reddit can someone summarize the current thread meltdown for me

Someone said Blacktop Bully was a better gimmick than Repo Man.

I know, I'm shocked too.