Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I enjoyed the show but with some negative impressions:

-The entrance for the Dark Order and Elite Jam was one of the best I've ever seen. Shame that the finish was awful. I don't know how they're going to book and I'll give Big Biceps Tony the benefit of the doubt but it was a bummer. It set a negative mood at the start of the show, not a good thing. The match was good but the ending... having Adam Page vs three at the end was a clear sign of losing it.

-Nice promo between PAC and Andrade/Chavo.

-FTW Celebration. Ricky Starks promo throwing off 'what?' chants, changing the pace all the time. Dude is great on the mic. Cage coming out of face tunnel with a terminator theme. :nice:

-Tanahashi's promo. Oh well.

-PnP vs FTR. Was decent but sucks that Wheeler got injured. I hope it was just a cut and nothing worse.

-Britt Baker's promo: Whatever.

-Rampage, 20th August on Chicago. Crowd goes "CM PUNK", the crowd feels it.

-Darby promo: Jesus they aren't subtle at all about it already, aren't they? Excal was trying to not laugh at the obvious.

-IWGP tittle match: Archer vs Hikuleo. The crowd was dead with Hikuleo but Haku got a pop (does people know him better as Meng or Haku?. Hikuleo's hair is actually a handicap lol, if he moves his head a little, he can't see a thing. Archer trying to not use his right hand, Hikuleo... not impressive at all. Archer did all the heavy lifting for the finish. Nothing special for the first defense.

-We get to see Malakai Black kick Cody in the face in the EVP/Coach/BBT spot, come out, knee Cody in the face and then kill Fuego in front of the crowd. I'm liking this guy so far.

-Miro promo: he is pure gold right now. "vengeful god and double jointed wife" :lmao: He's gonna crush Lee Johnson and I'm all for it.

-Private Party+Angelico vs Jurassic Express+Christian. Jesus JR stop calling him Jungle Jack Perry. Fun match but JR STOP CALLING HIM JUNGLE JACK. The Blade comes in and punches Christian for another match.

-Nick Gage's promo. I didn't know much about this guy until last week and jesus, he looks like he can rob a bank, doesn't he?

-Thunder Rosa vs Julia Hart. First All Elite match for Thunder Rosa and was a decent considering how little experience Julia has. Rosa trying that leg sweep/ankle lock looked weird and the finish looked weird.

-Mox's promo: Not bad, I guess he wants to punch Tanahashi and other people.

-Main event: It was better than I expected it to be! People was on for Nick Gage and while the finish was 'eh' (I still think that Jericho's elbow finish is lame), the match was cool and Nick Gage having a second pizza cutter on his pockets was hilarious. loving Domino's ad while he was showing the bloody pizza cutter was pure gold. MJF on commentary is great.

Really looking forward on how they keep the narrative on Adam Page and Kenny. I hope they don't over extend Kenny+Bucks reign because I'm bored of the Bucks. Not heel heat but bored of them. They have good matches but I just don't care about their gimmick already. Again, the end of the match was a huge downer and I'm going to rate this week's show 2 pizza cutters out of failed slam dunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Forceholy posted:

I get the appeal of MDK, but honestly, he's coming off to me as a white New Jack with a better work rate.

E: cutting up David Arquette and the follow up to that was funny tho.

Well, Nick has something over New Jack: he came back from death.

Oh god sorry if it's a lovely joke

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Oh my fuckin go... Hahahahahahahaha

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I said it before: the day Christopher Daniels shows up again, it'll the end for The Elite's run.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

BBT to be renamed to Big Numbers Tony.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

:lmao:

I want more Silver and Maki Itoh

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm exited about next AEW Dynamite and I'll watch everything they throw at me at this point :buddy:

But I demand Silver and Maki Itoh being a tag team!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Zombie Lemur posted:

Then Dean Malenko unmasks to reveal Ciclope.

MJF said something to the effect of "MDK no loving pay" on Twitter after the match. I'm hoping they go somewhere with it too.

I want Nick Gage to show up at MJF's locker room disguised as a pizza delivery guy to collect his money.

Btw, I watched Chris Van Vliet interview with Nick Gage now and I admit that I regret not knowing about Nick before. (i don't know this thread's stance on CVV)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdWieXlNdqw

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

AEW needs to sign Sami Callihan so you all can enjoy his work.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

He's a discount Jason Momoa with even less charisma than the original. The only good thing is when he gets outpromo'ed by part timers.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/idlenotes101/status/1422060126693781522?s=19

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I wouldn't mind Ric Flair hanging out with The Wingmen. He even chopped PPA :allears:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I admit that I appreciate that QT burned a bridge by laughing at Vince

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Dimebags Brain posted:

Vlog QT is much better than Dynamite QT.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Holy poo poo that owns.

Ganso Bomb posted:

I thought I heard folks didn't like it because it was slippery, so hopefully they figured out a way to get the logo on there without it causing issues/differences in texture.

I really like the logo in the mat. Being slippery and not knowing a solution for it is kind of funny because they can just ask a military tent manufacturer to craft them mats with the logo using the same method as making a cammo one.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Pylons posted:

No we all work for Andrade

Tranquiiiiiiiiiilo.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

How about we all discuss this great interview with Nick Muthafuckin’ Gage about his ARW appearance instead? Seems like he has an absolute blast

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/nick-gage-details-his-experience-aew-dynamite-tony-khan-showing-him-love

I'm glad both Nick and the locker room both were cool. I'm not a fan of deathmatches but that one was nice enough and well done in my opinion.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I have a little request:

Can someone gif me a spot on Leyla Hirsch vs Diamante match for me? Diamante is sitting down at the corner calling for a break, Leyla grabs Diamante's arm pulling her up following with a suplex. Around 1 hour, 7 min 13 seconds on the re-uploaded Dark. 2 seconds after there's a more general view of the move. Loved the move.

:3:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Thanks! :buddy:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

this is loving nuts, Leyla is crazy

It's amazing how she improved so fast. Suplex city Mayoress.

I wouldn't mind if she did a tour in Japan right now suplexing everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Laughing with Danhausen bits on the last two Ethan Page Vlog videos. Dude's really fun in character. Ethan Page's Vlogs are growing in me.