Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Hangman's title win will be better when, on the way back up, he defeats all the men he couldn't, or lost to, when he started in AEW. Smart move would be to ensure he somehow gets Jericho, Pac, and Brian Cage all in a row through some kind of tourney so he can literally defeat all the Top Men, leaving nothing left except a definitive title shot.

I was fully prepared to accept the reality of a loss for that tag match tonight so I wasn't exactly shocked---it feels like maybe Kenny has one more defense left and then the final battle will happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

Hangman had to lose the match because his fear is losing and disappointing his friends, one of the things that lead to his falling out with The Elite. Now he's lost and disappointed the Dark Order but the reaction will be different because they're actual good friends.

poo poo that's a pretty good point

xbilkis posted:

I would say the main problem with booking Hangman to lose that match is that they are going to have a really hard time coming up with anything as cool as that intro when it comes time to actually pull the trigger on him

I'm not too worried about it being topped, Hangman/Dark Order are so over that they could figure it out pretty easily. On another note, Dark Order REALLY needs a theme music change; the spooky JOIN US music needs an update to go with their face turn, possibly something a little more fiery.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the most surprising thing about that tag match was actually the absence of Kazarian, who I'd have thought would be a lock to cause chaos, or hell even 5/10/Colt sticking around.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

xbilkis posted:

I'm going to steal Cavauro's thing and say the babyface professional wrestler should not have a storyline where the moral is "It's OK to lose." Seems like "I don't need to doubt myself, because I'm a strong rear end kicking guy with friends" would connect with an audience better than "The outcome of my matches is unimportant. We're all just having a good time out here"

this isn't the story or lesson that was told at all from tonight, this match broke everyone's brains. it will all be fine, why on earth are people this worried

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

smarxist posted:

why not throw him at Miro? haven't they even wrestled before?

They should not do this because Miro will destroy Hangman, his power levels are equal to Kenny Omega's. The Elite should be thankful Miro did not choose to come after them. Kenny's power is Great but it is Godless; Kenny or Hangman would be smited for their ignorance of the Redeemer

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

they won't get Jordynne Grace but AEW could sign/use her former tag partner Keira Hogan for Britt's bodyguard

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

guessing Punk for Chicago / Brian at Arthur Ashe

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

shocked that Stu wasnt severely hurt by none of those guys loving catching him, that is bush league levels of stupidity.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

three straight weeks in the millions, god drat. not out of the question that they could actually beat RAW this year at least once.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Pylons posted:

I really can't get over how cool this all is. A positive relationship with the indies.

it's really neat how AEW has become the arbiter of influence wherein they trade stars with Japan for excursions, defend and elevate titles from NJPW and NWA, bump up Impact with Omega and by tangent, Switchblade, and are likely helping out NWA and Mickie James' projects for the womens PPV and tag team division. Their existence alone has pretty much breathed life into so many other indies and smaller feds, and it's great how they've allowed all their workers to keep doing independent booking. Keeps indies relevant while also allowing employees to still have fun and do matches they want outside of AEW if they're not currently in the cycle for TV that week.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Christian had a really good match with Matt recently, he'd be a fun one-off title match, though for TV, not for PPV

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the virgin Dominoes crying about pizza violence vs the chad Cracker Barrell happily supplying objects for hardcore matches

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Hangman won't win until literally the Dark Order, SCU, Eddie Kingston, Mox, The Death Triangle all surround the Elite and beat the poo poo out of them

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

everything makes more sense when you realize this is likely Kenny Omega's last big title run, maybe ever. dude's body has taken an absurd amount of abuse and I really doubt he's going to get to hold the AEW world title again when they have Hangman, MJF, Pac (god willing) and others lined up to get a taste of the gold.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

if I was Tony I'd be so overjoyed at the knowledge that WWE is so loving shook they actually tried to get me cancelled for that Dominoes thing, which is going to become a legendary, priceless meme forever, getting over Nick Gage to improbable heights and helping secure a third week running of a million views + loving pabst blue ribbon replacing that ad anyway. Just having the palpable truth that WWE really did try to gently caress me over would embolden me even more, because at that point you know you've got them on the ropes and people are going to tune in even moreso to see what crazy poo poo comes next. The Dominoes thing is really a huge loving mistake because it definitively shows yes, they care a lot about us doing well, which I don't believe WWE ever bothered to do with TNA at its peak(?)

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

zero desire to see braun/bray in AEW, they absolutely do not need those guys and already have great big men (WARDLOW, Lance, Miro) as well as spooky weirdos (Abadon, Malakai, PAC)

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

can't wait for the Platinum Max verse about this

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Waffleopolis posted:

Have him come out with a pseudo Fiend gimmick as he hobbles down the ramp and he slowly picks up the mic and says..

"There's too much loving poo poo on me I can't breathe."

instead of the funhouse, he runs the "Sloppy Shop Steakhouse"

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Shard posted:

Lol I posted about the Bray story on the Two Best Friends Play subreddit and this is the kinda thing I'm dealing with over there.

https://twitter.com/Shard01464880/status/1421559650374365185

not surprising that subreddit is a garbage fire of negativity, they take after that slovenly gently caress Pat

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Bray had some great moments ringwork-wise but it seemed he started and stopped and regressed constantly. He kept getting himself into better shape but had less and less reason to improve with the kind of work they had him doing. He just never had the chance to spar with anyone----tough to do when you're made to be a frankenstein'd monster who shrugs poo poo off and does like 4 moves before winning.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the audacity of putting Machine Gun Karl Anderson, a man who was once good enough to go at it with Tanahashi, with someone who has possibly the stupidest loving punch spot in wrestling, is ghastly and the sooner the Elite are turbofucked by all the other faces in AEW the better, as it will mean seeing less of Luke "Gangly" Gallows

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

adam page's baby being due around All Out would definitely put everything else in logical perspective i.e. why the title win isn't happening as soon as everyone assumed

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Definitely. But it still raises the question of how the hell didn't anyone count to 9 before and adjust their schedule accordingly.

That Fightful dude has been saying for a few months that WWE's clearouts this spring and summer would have "huge ramifications in about 6-7 months", which is apparently when Xavier Woods' contract expires. And he keeps bringing it up so either he's heard something or he doesn't give a gently caress.

xavier's contract expires around like 2024 I thought? The only guy I think whose contract runs down by end of year is Sami Zayn's iirc.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Cavauro posted:

i hope the first dance event is for a new match type called the dance where wrestlers have to constantly dance in-between doing moves. if they aren't doing a move or dancing then referees on the outside of the ring have to point at them and call them disqualified from the match. any wrestler who gets knocked down will have to at least keep themselves from being knocked unconscious and continue dancing on the way down and while they're getting up. if a wrestler gets hit with a superkick, bodyslam, or any other move and stops dancing even for a second then they're gone. the match is completely scalable in every way and shouldn't take more than 3 or 4 minutes whether there are two competitors or twenty

sounds like Angelico is about to clean house

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

most of the guys I'd love to see in a world title shot are either busy with other stuff/titles (Brian Cage, Starks, Miro, MJF), set to fight him for something else already (White, Andrade) or are way too new to get it (Malakai)

Solution: :wardlow:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

people forget that Kenny won the title on a Dynamite show, as did Miro, so nothing is stopping a title match happening on Dynamite/Rampage after or before All Out. When you've got only 4 PPVs a year or so that's just how it goes, and it's not that uncommon now that they have "named" special TV events i.e. fyter fest/fight for the fallen/winter is coming.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I might be in the minority but I love the recent Blade/Bunny push, Allie's been looking better in the ring + is a complete psychopath. BBB always just came across as unrepentant assholes who are just the complete opposite of Best Friends, hope we can eventually see a 6-person tag when Butcher gets back to work

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Josh Alexander has become really fuckin good in the last few years, would be very cool if he was given the opportunity to be on Dynamite sometime. I know it's usually AEW -> Impact but having the exchange go the other way would be great

I guess this is a new channel she made, poo poo's really good, need to start putting these promos on the AEW channels because Deeb is way too loving good to be slept on

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Rukus has finally uploaded the Andrade theme to his bandcamp and it sounds like he's done a fair bit of tinkering with it:

https://aewrestling.bandcamp.com/track/kill-the-messenger-andrade-el-idolo-aew-theme

this sounds really good! now if only I could loving hear it on TV lol

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

anime stuff aside, legit impressive Bandit can lift that bigger dude on his shoulders for that move. He looks surprisingly good for a Factory trainee, he'll likely get really good with time and might be like, the only guy in the factory I've seen get this many cheers

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

NYC requiring vax for indoor events now I suppose will make the Queens show a lot more safe when it happens next month

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

surprised Cody hasn't pushed for more MGS-adjacent storylines, unless Malakai reveals tomorrow that he got all the flawed recessive genes and they are both cloned from the perfect wrestler

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol Jericho with the loving killshot in that quote, holy poo poo. But he's 100% right: most WWE people seem obsessed with AEW, especially on social media to poo poo on it, but you rarely see AEW people care too much about doing the same.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Just saw the Road To video, Malakai sounds loving great, he's going to do extremely well here. Miro is being sold by everyone as someone just as frightning and powerful as Omega; he's the optional boss character nobody wants to engage. Guessing that whenever he loses the belt, so will Omega, which will open the door to him possibly fighting him and, god help him, Hangman. Cannot wait for him to get into the World title picture because he's just going to destroy so many people.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

xbilkis posted:

Just invented a new Max Caster line and thread reaction to be mad at

yeah we've hit the "inventing poo poo just to be mad at it" level usually reserved for the psychotic reservoirs of Twitter, it's time to stop posting about this

Malakai Black storyline kind of reminding me of the DDP/Undertaker stuff, except this seems like the correct way to do things i.e. going after the biggest dog in the yard, albeit successfully. Though with a lack of Malakai stalking Cody's dog

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

:toxx: cody is going to get his head knocked off, if I'm wrong I'll get a really stupid malakai black lore avi change

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

STONE COLD 64 posted:

this will be your new av should your toxx not be met.

acceptable, will conform to this if Thomas "Malachai Black" End "Budgen" does not win tonite

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

this is loving nuts, Leyla is crazy

idk how they duck out of Tay/Rosa getting title matches already, although I'd REALLY dig a women's triple threat just to give Tay a deserved spotlight. Guessing Jungle Boy faces Miro soon while Christian fights Omega. Not sure how Hobbs fits in here given he's a heel but I'd love to see him against either title holder.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

should have a fatal four way for one of the title matches soon. I legit can't even recall if any have taken place in AEW?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Tato posted:

does being a top contender allow you to challenge for the heavyweight belt or the TNT one? Can I trade my TNT title shot points for heavyweight title shot points? Where would Miro fit on the contender scale for heavyweight title, or is the TNT title holder banned from competing? so many questions, just give Christian both titles

I do like how they put both belts on equal footing, and having guys like Cody, Brodie, Darby, and Miro have the belt and actively use it as the "fighting champion" belt is very cool. It would make sense to give a push to Jungle Boy but I'm not ready for Miro's run to end---I want him to get some big matches against more guys after this week, too.