Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rhonne posted:

So can someone explain to be exactly what the stip for Hangman losing is? I've seen people saying things that rang from Hangman can never go for the title while Kenny is champion and others saying hangman was just dropped out of the top 5 rankings.

the people who are saying the first thing are insane and making things up

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Crapple! posted:

Also Tanahashi is challenging Lance.....but it's not going to be on Dynamite? Why even have him send a video in? I think this might be a fakeout or something and we'll see him in AEW at some point

because its new japan's belt dude lmao

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Evil Badman posted:

Tony, "Hey we're doing shows with crowds and your US Champion is one of our top guys. Are y'all cool with having him defend it on our show? It'll expand your foothold into the states, and once stuff settles down, they'll be back on your shows in front of crowds defending your belt.

New Japan, "uh, very yes?"

they're having the match at their first big US show

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pamela Springstein posted:

Juvi has some antivax/antimask stuff on his twitter from 2020. o well. at least he's losing.

"oh well I'm sure Juventud Guerrera became a good person at some point in the last 25 years" -absolutely nobody who knows who juventud guerrera is

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i made a neena thurman joke in the last thread i can't do it again this soon

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

The first thing I see this morning opening the aew thread:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i hope hangman page never wins the title

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yea ok posted:

jr was amazing all night last night wtf. nick gage makes him wanna puke!!

people deciding that everything JR says on commentary is actually him expressing some kind of deep seated disgust and hatred of his employer is amazing lmao

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

everyone who fantasy books in these threads is the dumbest person alive and then they get really mad and accuse you of fantasy booking when you call them that its really funny

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Y'all think next Wednesday will have story beats continuing what we saw this week?

no, next week they're gonna have Tony Khan and Cody out in the ring with all the other wrestlers and they're gonna announce all of the titles are vacated and every storyline is being dumped and restarted fresh

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

if there's one thing people posting in the aew discussion thread loves its hyperbole

gently caress you, this is the absolute worst thing anyone has posted in this thread

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

🤪👈

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Wyatt Windham III, of the Stamford Windhams.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave posted:

Aren’t we supposed to also see whoever Tommy End was alluding to on Twitter as Matthew in the upcoming Cody match?

i mean he straight up called Buddy Murphy "Matthew" on twitter so thats not much of a mystery

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

it really is incredibly how they gave nikki bella a finisher designed to absolutely pulverize your knees and back while also looking really bad and weak

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i wonder if ric asked weeks ago and then they finally give him his release the week after AEW runs Charlotte lmao

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

Below average BTE this week apart from the Honk

disagree

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

I have no idea why they were speaking Japanese but I think that was Hikaru Shida's BTE debut

no she was on BTE a few times early on in AEW where Michael Nakazawa would try to lift weights and struggle and then she would walk in and effortlessly start lifting heavier weights

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

can someone explain to me like i'm a child what the difference is between filler and non-filler content on the young buck's travel and wrestling vlog with intermittent comedy sketches Being The Elite

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lamuella posted:

New Nightmare Factory showcase. https://youtu.be/T6ceQ6G-KBA

i need Kid Bandit on Dark yesterday

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

lmao did he do an OWA onto his knee as a transitional move

an OWA Ushigoroshi yeah and then won with a Phoenix Splash, he's the greatest wrestler of all time

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pylons posted:

Dude that loving rules

he does a big spinny kick into the corner called The Big Beyblade and his nickname is The Protagonist of Wrestling

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

That's a great nickname

whenever he's not doing moves or selling, he's doing anime poses

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mr. Squishy posted:

I'm probably going to save this for thursday, but judging from the first ten minutes the female commentator is so so bad. It sounds like her recording failed and she had to go through and re-do all of her lines.

its Brooke Havok, the girl from the first Showcase who tore her ACL in like, her second match on Dark

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

also the other guy in the Kid Bandit match, "Yours Rudley" Trevor Outlaw was also pretty drat good, did a ton of overhead suplexes and good character work

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

dodgeblan posted:

why is john cena the only guy who has to promote his superhero movie in the superhero costume

"has to"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i cant believe marq quen is loving dead

e: lmao Isiah and Sammy singing along to Puddle of Mudd in the car

Alaois fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Aug 3, 2021

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

A-Bar

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

CellBlock posted:

Cody's gonna take a kick to the throat trying to get the tattoo removed.

the tattoo's been fake this entire time, it's all been an incredibly long con just to sell the spinkick

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

smarxist posted:

i love that the boogie man was driving

thats not the boogie man that's the guy from the weird-rear end Private Party skits from the early pandemic BTEs

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

where's stab

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Their 90 days were up a while ago right? Challenging Mox, Kingston and Darby my goodness

I'm pretty sure they were only on a 30 day because they were just in NXT

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I wanna echo the poster who pointed out that its remarkable that this rap was so layered with poo poo edgy poo poo that the weird rear end covid conspiracy joke or whatever that was isn't even registering.

are you sure that was a real line in the rap and not something someone made up to fool you because i don't even vaguely remember it from watching the premiere

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

smarxist posted:

yeah it was, it was a real shotgun blast full of rock salt

to quote taz, it was a lot. let's not unpack it.

MotU posted:

yah he said faker than a PCR test lol

oh thats what that meant lmao

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

max saw the trump sign in the crowd and took it as a challenge

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

max caster tryna get that DaBaby publicity

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Edge & Christian posted:

The rap is still up in several Twitter posts (ripped from the stream, not uploaded by AEW) and the third bit is: "The Blonds say they the best but those dudes are faker than a PCR test", which yes, is a current Covidspiracy.

again i blame me not knowing what a pcr test is for missing that line

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

bloodysabbath do you really want to go down this path with your history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the real reason why 2.0 are being rushed onto Dynamite so quickly, Max Caster is getting fired and they need a team to take the Acclaimeds spot