Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
I don't understand all these takes here on why a New Japan belt title match should be on Dynamite instead of their first big US show, or the confusion why there'd be cross promotion between two companies who are currently working together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

I didn't think the main event would be this divisive (it ruled imo, but I'm no death match connoisseur). Seems like people are high on it in the Best and Worst thread whereas it's very much split here.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Wazzu posted:

- welcome back, kinda bored crowds! (I think they may have been deflated by Page losing, IMO)

Thought they were quite into the show? But someone here did say that 75% of the show had audio issues at the venue itself (hence the "We can't hear you" chant during Starks' fantastic promo), that could have contributed to their not reacting as hot as you expected.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Pylons posted:

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1420876908166852608

Nick Gage in a loving press release from WarnerMedia.

Lol look at this idiot:

https://twitter.com/Scalz_24/status/1420878218316353539

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

What are the chances that this only happened because Vincels were @-ing Domino's with feigned outrage?

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Hangman is a really handsome boy.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Extremely lol that WWE tried to sabotage AEW through back-channels but instead revealed themselves and only accomplished giving AEW (and Domino's, those ingrates) free publicity.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Just when I thought the "Acclaimed is bad" people were finally coming around to them, Caster got them again.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Bowens should stop Caster at the very first yo instead of the last word to avoid further controversy.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

zimbomonkey posted:

I feel like "Julia is okay with it" might be a stretch because unless she's literally coming up with those jokes herself she has to either accept it or risk being viewed as a killjoy/gimmick killer by the acclaimed. Kind of a lose lose for her.

That's just my opinion.

Everyone in the locker room is afraid of stepping on The Acclaimed's toes--BBT is high on them!

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Since people brought it up earlier, I'm curious, were people this angry at Sammy when he said he wanted to rape Sasha on a podcast? That comment wasn't even in kayfabe like Caster's rap or an attempt at a joke, right? He just straight up said he wanted to rape her?

Not that one should be forgiven because it's less worse than the other but it's interesting how much more ire Max attracts every time.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

My bad then, I just remember Sammy's return and people were giving him a hero's welcome.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

flatluigi posted:

did max do rape jokes before now that i somehow missed

Not rape but every Max discourse here involved vitriol over offensive lines from his raps.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Hoping Max is going to write a since apology, go through sensitivity training, and return to AEW in Serpentico's mask to the collective approval of fans.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Lethrom posted:

They unlisted the premiere but if you go directly to their channel and look at the episode its edited. The link smarxist posted is to the unlisted one and it still contains the entrance. My guess is that outright deleting it fucks with viewer metrics on youtube's end so they just unlisted. So I guess it depends on where you got the link.

The original upload is at 119k views now lmao. They should have just deleted it if they wanted to cover their tracks, or don't reupload at all and instead issue a TW/apology in the description or something.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Lid posted:

Like peoe saying the Larry Nassar never heard of? It was one if the biggest scandals in sports history with literally hundreds of child victims. Pretty much every American female gymnast in the last 20 years you've seen in the Olympics was molested by him. This is not obscure.

People who aren't American and/or into sports (particularly gymnastics) probably wouldn't have known about this up until now. For example, me.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

shiksa posted:

well good thing this wasnt on an american sports-style program with lots of acrobatics

wait, poo poo!!!!

Not sure if this were a joke but I don't get it. Non-American fans of wrestling should keep up with/be well-versed in American news because wrestling is American?

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Lid posted:

I'm not American either and knew the Duke case and LArry Nassar and Simone Biles. I'm not saying this to brag at you, I'm saying that just because you didn't comprehend it doesn't make it less bad or less significant. Like do you think Max wrote this poo poo because he was trying to confuse the audience who wouldn't know what he was talking about?

I don't think I ever said it was less bad or significant. Only reason I mentioned that people might not be aware of those two things due to their not being American is because your original post implied that people can't possibly not know about that and are just playing ignorant.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Gwen posted:

the likelihood of anything other than AEW downplaying it and moving on is nil. either caster has a peripheral understanding of things and walked into context he didn't know was there or he made two really bad "jokes" knowing full well those that got it would hate him for it.

we're not getting an apology

Sammy issued an apology and was off TV for sensitivity training for saying he wanted to rape a woman. I think AEW will do something about it other than putting up the edited reupload of Dark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

fez_machine posted:

To explain my frustration and prevent a weird derail, I'm not comparing the existing rap to those arguably worse concepts, but I think certain posters have no line they won't forgive or make fun of others for objecting to if it's delivered by a moderately entertaining heel.

Someone ITT described Max as evil so maybe it's comparable already lol