Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/_BarackSays/status/1420565763744800769

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Rhonne posted:

So can someone explain to be exactly what the stip for Hangman losing is? I've seen people saying things that range from Hangman can never go for the title while Kenny is champion and others saying hangman was just dropped out of the top 5 rankings.

I figured it was just he loses the current title shot he is due as #1 contender, someone else gets the next shot. And probably loses some ranking from the loss.If Kenny beats the next challenger and Hangman is back on top of the rankings, I don’t see why he wouldn’t have earned a new shot.

If it was “you can never challenge me again” I think they would have made that explicit and the announcers would be playing up that angle rather than just saying he loses a shot at the title.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Britt said she’s bringing in someone else to watch her back. Guesses on this? Kling Kling call up? Legit Leyla joins Team DMD? A way to reintroduce Emi Sakura as not goofy mustache woman?

…the return of Britt’s good friend, the cutest in the world?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

abraham linksys posted:

i wish tana had anyone he would be aligned with in aew, cuz it'd be fun to have him pop in for a multiman like kenta did or something but i can't - wait a moment - hold on - i'm remembering something -

Oh my god, the return of Tana trying to show his cheeks in every match

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Shard posted:

After giving it a think, I'm fine with that finish for the elimination tag.

Because the story is this - Hangman gets to number 1, calls out Kenny for a match and Kenny ducks him, stacks the odds in his favor, and has to cheat his rear end off to win. Hangman doesn't just go away - he will continue to dog Kenny.

Now this is contingent of course of Hangman being the one who beats Kenny for the belt. If he ends up not being the one then I won't like this angle so much. It'll have a stink to it like when Booker T was jobbed out so Goldberg could win the title later.

It doesn't hurt that it was a drat good match.

Also part of the story here is that Hangman only lost his title shot because he was willing to gamble it to try and get one for his friends as well.

Also that when outnumbered three to one he still kicked out of a ton of stuff that usually ends a match, including a belt shot

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Crapple! posted:

Hopefully good news for Cash

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=149186

Said to be a "deep cut" but no broken bone

I am very glad that what I saw tonight wasn’t a horrific compound fracture

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Davros1 posted:

Ruby Soho?

Also makes sense, although I feel like Ruby doesn’t really need a Britt pairing, she’ll be over just by showing up

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Kunabomber posted:

also not as much smoke as i expected from the light tubes and they didn't explode like i expected, wonder if they were gimmicked

Oh yeah, those were definitely not normal light tubes. Which I’m fine with, Jericho doesn’t need to be breathing in that dust at his age

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/bio_bucks/status/1420593550295633924

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Hellblazer187 posted:

The only way I can enjoy this match is if I tell myself the pane of glass and the light tubes were gimmicked and there was no glass at all.

If it helps, the glass is safety glass, like the type of glass they make glass doors out of. It's designed to break into small pieces. It'll still superficially cut a person up, but it's not going to break into big jagged shards that could impale someone badly.

The light tubes were gimmicked to some degree, there was no explosive pop or the cloud of horrible chemicals.

I mean, there's still plenty of blood, but they did their best to be sure no one took any long term damage.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

NutShellBill posted:

Juventud Guerrera: Was a top 3 flier in the world... 22 years ago. Now at age 46, he's kind of a punchline of wasted potential. Legit chance he no-shows or starts a fight backstage.

there is like zero chance he is going to no-show or start any trouble

https://twitter.com/JUVENTUDGUERRE2/status/1420578463170367488?s=20

he has like a hundred tweets and retweets about the match right now and he even made it his twitter header, he knows this is a chance to have a little late career resurgence

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
That seems like a pretty great number, especially with the Olympics

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

touch tips

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

ChrisBTY posted:

I will fire raw rage blood out of every oriface. I will rupture my belly button and spray blood out of that. Christian is the midcardiest midcarder to even gain a dedicated following. Being 47 isn't helping it. Being surrounded by talent exponentially more talented than he is really isn't helping it. His booking right now is good but he should not have ever been allowed to realize that AEW has championships. Maybe a 3 week Dynamite burner feud. Maybe. Anything other than that confirms that Tony is one of those guys who booked Christian to be WWE champion in EWR in 2001.

I wasn't sure before, but you've convinced me, Christian definitely should get the next title shot.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Something on the Christian as contender thought: on Wednesday, Christian was ranked #3, not #2. Jungle Boy was #2 (behind Hangman). Now they could fix that by having JB take a big loss or Christian a big win — maybe that’s what Blade attacking Christian is going to lead to. But the idea of the two of them having a number one contenders’ match when they’ve been allies lately is interesting.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Whatever they do with Daniel Bryan and especially CM Punk is Chicago is going to overshadow everything else on the card no matter what. I don’t at all mind them pushing back Omega/Hangman to a PPV where it won’t be stuck as the third-most talked about thing.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Then maybe don't heavily imply that's going to be the match.

Hangman / Kenny started before these acquisitions and probably was the plan before they signed Punk/DBry. Once news of the signings leaked, they knew if they didn’t do something with Punk in Chicago, they run the risk of fans hijacking the show and not paying attention to anything else. So they had Hangman put up his title shot to try and get his friends a shot, and lose, so they can push Omega/Hangman back to a PPV where it’ll be the clear #1 big story. It’s pretty straightforward booking and makes sense in light of a sudden bounty of huge name signings. Hangman’s gonna get his, but this no longer feels like the PPV to do it to me.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

purkey posted:

Does anyone know if Rampage is going to be shown on Fite.tv?

Meltzer said that it isn’t 100% official yet, like there hasn’t been an announcement about it, but yes.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Tarnop posted:

If you'd told me this after Fight for the Fallen two years ago I'd never have believed it. I trust the people that made me love him.

When he was getting the first title shot, people were calling him AEW’s Roman Reigns, just some friend of the EVPs that was going to be overpushed and rammed down everyone’s throats but was actually mid-card unremarkable

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

xbilkis posted:

Jungle Boy vs. Christian in a No. 1 contender's match
Jungle Boy wins; Christian turns heel and beats JB down afterwards, rendering him unable to compete for the title
Darby is too focused on Punk to challenge Kenny
Kenny pulls rank on Orange to deny him the shot, says he's already had his chance

Kenny Omega vs. Colten Gunn headlines All Out

Finally, someone in this thread knows how to book a dream match

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Ivypls posted:

i thought face announcer jr was just expressing disgust at the horrendous violence the heel mjf was subjecting the face chris jericho through his hired mercenary nick gage, but i guess he was actually just openly hating the product on television

Especially with MJF actually there on commentary openly delighting in the violence

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

boxcarhobo posted:

and most importantly, thank you

cody rhodes

You know, there’s a lot of things happening in AEW today…

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Thank you it’s beautiful

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/fightful/status/1421209241365323776?s=21

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

https://twitter.com/nylarosebeast/status/1421191112312692738?s=21

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

DeathChicken posted:

That woman in the crowd throwing up her arms against the wave of glass like she was at Six Flags and the splash boat was incoming stuck in my head

I don’t like a lot of crowd shots but sometimes you do get absolute gold like this shot

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
THATB

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I think Bray would be pretty good in AEW. So far, they've had a good sense of where to slot people and he'd be a solid upper-midcard/sometimes TNT title level kind of guy and see where he falls from there. Especially with him apparently being in good shape now.

I wouldn't want him as part of the Dark Order but there's a nice "you were friends with my friend" moment to be had there at some point.

But who even knows what he wants to do. He's had a couple kids with whatshername, maybe he's made his money and he's ready to just retire early and chill.

(edit): lol nevermind that last part, he was getting ready to come back and they hosed him

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1421527533032443906

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jul 31, 2021

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

smarxist posted:

on BTE they can have him tease spooky stuff that turns out completely mundane

and now BEHOLD YOUR WORST FEAR

...you really hosed up these expense reports, the head office isn't paying your travel costs from the last loop

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

MotU posted:

bray should join the dark order Wingmen as Husky Harris and then through the hardwork of all his new friends he should get in better shape and pick out some nice clothes and become Hunky Harris

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

JUNGLE BOY posted:

a certain scoopster has been suggesting something SiNiStEr happened

:rolleyes:

Danny in the article posted:

The door was kept open for a possible return one day. They spoke very highly of my work ethic and my work. I know I have a really good relationship with Tony Khan. He’s an amazing human. He’s an amazing person to work for.

Sounds like he just wants to focus on what he's doing in MLW

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Rarity posted:

Limelight doesn't really feel like a miss. He's young and won't be looking to stay in MLW forever and he's talented enough that getting reps in on Dark is going to do less for him than him having a feature role in a smaller pond. There's nothing stopping him hooking back up with AEW in a few years time

Yeah, agree completely. He had a couple matches that totally blew me away and then a few matches where he looked kind of sloppy. I think he has the potential to be a huge star in the future, but getting some experience in a higher-tier role elsewhere seems like a plus for him all around.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
lotta people in this thread need to chill out, smizz some whizz, catch a cizz

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

rantmo posted:

Hangman's baby announcement was early June and unless they were holding on to that sonogram for like, five months, there's no way the due date is Labor Day weekend.

Yeah but, even if his wife's due date is a few months past All Out, Hangman may not want to be having a championship run at the same time as a new kid, and they may not want his first run to be a short one, so pushing it back would make sense

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Eat My Fuc posted:

unironically can we respect Hangman’s privacy about his pregnant wife

Well, the info about her being pregnant came from a happy post by him on instagram (including a picture of a sonogram) so we're not talking about anything he didn't publicly share on his own. I don't think speculating about how that may play into booking plans is infringing on his privacy.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/SerenaDeeb/status/1421834626159493120?s=20

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/JUVENTUDGUERRE2/status/1421905643527680000

The juice is loose

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Shinjobi posted:

1)Nick Jackson's delivery as a heel is growing increasingly hilarious to me. I don't know exactly what it is, but I'm enjoying him.

2)This BTE was crafted specifically to make me meltdown again ITT

I am cackling at this opening

"Wait, you think they wanted us to defend the belts at the pay per view?"

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Hollywood Honk actually has really good comedic timing.

"Dream cream is for topical use only. For application on your skin DUDE DON'T LET IT TOUCH YOUR SKIN "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

smarxist posted:

can't wait for the first wrestler inspired by the Zero Escape Trilogy

NO ONE KICKS OUT OF THE NONARY GAME