Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1420852817091252228

Was last night the first time Dark Order was billed, at least on the chyron, as The Dark Order? That felt significant to me even with the ending (which I'm reserving judgement on.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Astro7x posted:

First Dance presale starting now, let's go!

733 people ahead of me. AEW might be kinda popular-ish.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Whew, nabbed Rampage tickets. Now to decide if I want to go right from work but have to come back to the office to retrieve my backpack or take a halfday.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I would like to see Kenny vs. Serpentico because I want to see Snakem'n sell for all of Kenny's moves. I will accept this at any of the three Chicago TV tapings.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1421186712525582341?s=20

Feel bad for Upper Deck, getting into business on AEW on the day the company died but I look forward to their Memento Mori line of cards anyway.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Lightfoot On A Pole

But they leave her up there and we can just get a new mayor, right?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

RandolphCarter posted:

Give me Legendary Encounters AEW, you cowards.

Oh gently caress

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Roman Reigns posted:

Just fyi that forbes article is using that Front Office Sports article as its source so it could still be bullshit

loving Variety did the same goddamn thing.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Also I do not like PBR but they should absolutely get some sort of sponsorship for the AEW Chicago shows since this is where champions are made and Pabst won their Blue Ribbon in Chicago (in 1893.)

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

JUNGLE BOY posted:

T. Khan, when the push failed

Fuego his arms wide.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Gumball Gumption posted:

Hangman: "I'm not wrestling in Lori Lightfoot's Chicago and you can quote me on that yee haw"

And here I thought I couldn't love him any more than already did.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Hangman's baby announcement was early June and unless they were holding on to that sonogram for like, five months, there's no way the due date is Labor Day weekend.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Hellblazer187 posted:

Aren't you supposed to wait at least three months for a pregnancy announcement?

I don't think it's that long but I am resolutely the wrong dude to answer that question. In any event, this:

StarkRavingMad posted:

Yeah but, even if his wife's due date is a few months past All Out, Hangman may not want to be having a championship run at the same time as a new kid, and they may not want his first run to be a short one, so pushing it back would make sense

makes a lot of sense and isn't something I'd considered.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Are there any particularly good, or at least notable, Punk matches that would be worth watching? I wasn't watching wrestling when he was a Thing, though as a Chicagoan I certainly knew of him.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

That was a boring-rear end BTE. I like behind the scenes stuff but that was almost entirely an episode of filler.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

As suspected, Nak dubbed Avalon:

https://twitter.com/wrestlingleva/status/1422273570332463106?s=20

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Mr Snips posted:

wrestling is anime, but perhaps there is such a thing as too much anime in wrestling

Luckily, Kidd Bandit's anime levels are ideal.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I'm not much for poetry but this is Art.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

MorningMoon posted:

*pointing at teh nightmare family* this is not a real faction

QT is not wrong.

On the other hand it is where Fuego fucks now. Or did.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

https://twitter.com/JaimsVanDerBeek/status/1422729318053007361?s=19

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

StarkRavingMad posted:

About to crack open a frosty Pabst Blue Ribbon, the king of, no wait, the champagne of

what the hell is PBR's slogan

"Grabst a Pabst?" Really?

I'm about to...grabst a pabst

Pabst Blue Ribbon: it's the beer they have here.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

StarkRavingMad posted:

remember that weird time period when PBR was super popular because of hipsters

what the hell was that

Still is so far as I'm aware, at least in the hipster neighborhoods of Chicago, if nothing else it's widely available at establishments from the diviest of dives to nice places that also sell good beer.

RandolphCarter posted:

I want this shirt but $30 is a little steep, are AEW shirts good quality?

I'm very satisfied with the quality of the shirts at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

smarxist posted:

man i feel like a dummy because i totally spaced on them clarifying that Hangmin was gonna be moved out of the top 5 that night

It wasn't clear, the stipulation is that he would loose his title shot, nothing about the rankings was explicit and I don't recall the singles rankings being effected by a non-singles match before, nor do I recall a #1 ranked competitor dropping from the Top 5 wholesale after a loss before. It all fits with the story but the exact mechanism they were going to use was never clearly stated.