Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

xbilkis posted:

"The outcome of my matches is unimportant. We're all just having a good time out here"

i personally connect with this very much, but i understand that it is not the best theme for a wrestling tv show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

its great that BBT can have hangman lose and have everyone all deflated and worried and sad for their favorite guy who is still going to go beat up kenny omega one on one, but for like a week we will believe that that is not exactly what will happen

he's p good at this

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

your friend wicka posted:

Maybe I'm misremembering how they've booked previous title matches but it seems a little early for Hangman to earn his title shot, no? There's a lot of big shows between now and All Out, they'd just be treading water for over a month.

Also the commentary in that match repeatedly stressed that Hangman's emotions were getting the best of him and undermining his teammates, seems like addressing that is the obvious next step.

all out is memorial day a worked holiday weekend this year, sept. 5th, so we have exactly 5 dynamites and 4 rampages until then

i fully agree with you, i figured tony was going to keep this build going until then but i wasn't sure how, and when kenny hit the OWA i literally stood up and thought oh my god is hanger gonna kick out??? and then he didn't and i was absolutely stunned/gutted

it was cool to feel like that from a wrestling show

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jul 29, 2021

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Nick Jr. Face posted:

labor day weekend

i always forget which is which

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

MJeff posted:

I really think Hangman wins at Grand Slam because Tony wants to do Christian Cage vs. Omega first.

btw theres rumors that a certain next big thing has signed with somebody that ain't New York.

its gonna be triller fight or some poo poo, brock aint comin

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

MJeff posted:

Wrong, he's labor number 5, Jericho must kiss him to win.

But also absolutely lmao at the idea of Brock murdering a Paul.

i would watch an illegal stream of it for sure

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

explosivo posted:

worked out alright for the sixers-- oh wait

e: :smith:

i keep seeing trade packages proposed that send ben simmons to the hornets and i get mad every single time at that bullshit

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

tony khan is sending adam page back to catering, hate to see it

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i wish adam page well in his future endeavors

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Pylons posted:

So, assuming it isn't Kenny because he isn't getting in a world title feud right away (and Hangman ideally has the belt by this point), who does Punk eat his first loss to?

fuego

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Drakkel posted:

Is there any sign whatsoever that Christian is the one getting the title shot or are people just doomposting because they just assume AEW is gonna do the worst possible option?

He’s 3rd in line behind hangman who lost his shot and JB who had his shot and failed

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Drakkel posted:

I mean there's also 9 episodes of AEW TV between now and the PPV so they could literally have someone else push him down the rankings at any point.

yea true but I think him being 3rd in line right now along with his very first appearance being him holding up the belt is why people are assuming

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

yea ok posted:

aew is so good lol. thank you tony thank you kenny thank you adam thank you jim

and most importantly, thank you

cody rhodes

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Alaois posted:

people deciding that everything JR says on commentary is actually him expressing some kind of deep seated disgust and hatred of his employer is amazing lmao

yea this, i thought he was really good wednesday night

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

People who care deeply about something have big reactions to it. I personally like the decision and think there's lots of great room for stuff with Page here that still keeps him on track to beat Kenny. But I also came at it as someone who felt like his story wasn't complete. For people who did feel his story was complete they're upset and worried that things might have gotten delayed. That's understandable and reasonable. So let people voice their thoughts and vent their concerns. I don't get why this place is s resistant to that and prefers to just insult people and act above it all.

its because im better than everyone on this sub and they know it

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

Right back at your weird hyperbole, because I guess you're trying to make me mad about this or something? :confused: The kayfabe reason Kenny has all those wins isn't his in-ring ability. The question has never been whether he's beatable, it's whether he's beatable by Page. And he's not, for as long as he's got his full armor. Not sure how slowly taking away his armor over time is "WWE", but you can agree to disagree without being a douche about it.

he beat jungle boy clean as a sheet what are you talking about

e: that post was very old and im very hung over, excuse me

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jul 31, 2021

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Rarity posted:

Never forget

i watch wrestling wearing this and only this

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i laugh when the tall man is talking about cum

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

I like to smizz wiz And catch a cizz daily

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

tony khan hears all the fans going berserk and screaming cowboy poo poo and thinks to himself “haha what a bunch of marks, im about to generate so much HEAT”

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

the drug addict Hangman Page may just want to go back home and spend a few years extremely high as poo poo in legal manners tbh

they still ain't legalized it here in nc unfortunately :(

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Cavauro posted:

i hope the first dance event is for a new match type called the dance where wrestlers have to constantly dance in-between doing moves. if they aren't doing a move or dancing then referees on the outside of the ring have to point at them and call them disqualified from the match. any wrestler who gets knocked down will have to at least keep themselves from being knocked unconscious and continue dancing on the way down and while they're getting up. if a wrestler gets hit with a superkick and stops dancing for a second then they're gone. the match is completely scalable in every way and shouldn't take more than 3 or 4 minutes whether there are only two competitors or twenty

finally, it is bushi's time to shine

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Jonny Nox posted:

yeah, who do you think is gonna be Britt's enforcer??

Haku

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

chris Jericho is gonna have Sammy teach him how to do a 630

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

RealFoxy posted:

I have no idea why they were speaking Japanese but I think that was Hikaru Shida's BTE debut

def shida doing leva, im guessing nak doing peter? v good bit though

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Alaois posted:

can someone explain to me like i'm a child what the difference is between filler and non-filler content on the young buck's travel and wrestling vlog with intermittent comedy sketches Being The Elite

dark order v no dark order

also sometimes they kind of half push stories without hard comitting, which i think honestly the opening and closing segments were a way of going "lol we are 100% trolling you, you will get kenny v hangman eventually, we know you want it badly" or thats how im gonna read it anyway

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

*fingers hover over the toxx button*

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/TrueWillieHobbs/status/1422886098913558530?s=20

:(

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

TV Zombie posted:

What rhymes with Carolina

4 syllables:
amphirhina, australiana, brangelina, cochin china, crackle china, crested myna, indochina, jacobina, josephina, karolina, mainland china, plastilina, rose of china, rukavina, willamina

angina

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i figured it out

cody's music hits we get the long intro

light hits the elevator

up comes cody on his knees with malakai black standing over him

malakai kicks codys head off drags him to the ring and pins him

then we get a 2nd women's match instead