Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

boxcarhobo posted:

its gonna be triller fight or some poo poo, brock aint comin

Wrong, he's labor number 5, Jericho must kiss him to win.

But also absolutely lmao at the idea of Brock murdering a Paul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy
Just wanted to say that I thought the overhead camera angle on the pane of glass spot was pretty great.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

MJeff posted:

Wrong, he's labor number 5, Jericho must kiss him to win.

But also absolutely lmao at the idea of Brock murdering a Paul.

i would watch an illegal stream of it for sure

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Cody being about to cut one of his promos about society before getting his head kicked off by Malakai was one of the funniest loving things I've seen from him on TV. Just peak youtube Cody.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Sticky Nate posted:

trust the process

worked out alright for the sixers-- oh wait

e: :smith:

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

explosivo posted:

worked out alright for the sixers-- oh wait

e: :smith:

i keep seeing trade packages proposed that send ben simmons to the hornets and i get mad every single time at that bullshit

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Just lmao at how GCW took the title belt off their champion right before he gets defeated by someone from another organization, Brett Lauderdale playing chess while HHH plays checkers

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

The longest runway to a PPV title shot was Cody-Jericho which was announced before the first TV about 8 weeks out. Shortest was probably the triple threat at like two weeks out.

What's the point in doing 3 month PPV cycles if you still only formalise the title match 2 weeks in advance 🤷‍♂️

Akileese posted:

I'd be really curious to see the breakdown of the main event rating. Doing a Texas death match and a toned down for TV GCW death match in back to back weeks is something that really appeals to me, but I respect that it isn't everyone's cup of tea.

More than that, the main events for Dynamite recently have been (in order):

No Rules (Death)Match,
Texas Death Match,
Coffin Match,
Tag Team Street Fight.

Each match was fun on it's own but I'm a little burned out on the hyperviolence tbh. Take a few weeks off from the bloodshed BBT!

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

quote:

Yeah, that's one for the next OP.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Watching the Nick Gage episode of DSOTR.

Y'all notice how Chris Jericho and David Arquette have the same voice patterns?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Pylons posted:

Cody being about to cut one of his promos about society before getting his head kicked off by Malakai was one of the funniest loving things I've seen from him on TV. Just peak youtube Cody.

"With so much going on in the world these days..." BOOT TO FACE

I appreciate the self-awareness of it all.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
cody is a weirdo that knows exactly what he's doing, he's always been good

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

i can't believe britt is bringing in scott steiner

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

The Stroker Ace posted:

I had an absolute blast last night. That’s my detailed trip report.

:)

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i liked when gage couldnt find the pane of glass so he dragged charlie from off to the side to find it for him and put it in the ring

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Kunabomber posted:

cody is a weirdo that knows exactly what he's doing, he's always been good

I'm glad we've swung back around to the correct Cody takes.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

smarxist posted:

I'd love a heel kilynn as Britt's heavy!

that'd work too

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

blunt posted:

What's the point in doing 3 month PPV cycles if you still only formalise the title match 2 weeks in advance

I'll take it over the typical WWE title match build where they announce the title match the night after the previous PPV and then have to spend 4 to 5 weeks doing pointless non-title matches between the champion and challenger where every week they take turns rolling each other up or, even worse, pinning each other clean so by the time they actually get to the big match you''ve already seen it several times and are sick of both guys.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It feels really goony to have a multi-months story on friendship, the match had the big moment where Hangman accepts their friendship, comes out as the Dark Order, and fought for his friends and goons are mostly wondering when we're getting to the fireworks factory.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

karmicknight posted:

I'm glad we've swung back around to the correct Cody takes.

When he us not involved with curing racism or anything involving QT Marshal, he is good.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Pylons posted:

I've watched him get kicked right in the face no less than 6 times already this morning, it's incredible.

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Yeah they had Charlie remove all the white powder inside them unfortunately 10 thought it was all for a BTE skit.

Amazing!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

cody is smart enough to know that he sucks and everyone SHOULD hate him

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?

graph posted:

i liked when gage couldnt find the pane of glass so he dragged charlie from off to the side to find it for him and put it in the ring

This was great stuff. I really hope they bring him back for a match with Mox or something now that they've given the audience a taste of MDK

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

We all know that Lesnar is Britt's muscle. Now we have to trust Tony to get us there.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

graph posted:

looking forward to the sammy vlog segment about this

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/595841839295365125/870339437920411688/codykick.mp4

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
[AEW] EVP

[AEW] Coach

[AEW] Tony

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

karmicknight posted:

[AEW] EVP

[AEW] Coach

[AEW] Tony

maybe Skee-a-vone can fill in if BBT is busy

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Watching Dynamite now and embarrassed that someone in my state in the front row is wearing a rebel flag t-shirt for the world to see.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
embarrassed but certainly not surprised. also saw a lot of people in line who were proudly wearing shirts about how not woke they were.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Hoping the suck-rear end Olympics don't cut into this week's number

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HANGMAN JOINED DARK ORDER :vince:

DARBY CALLED OUT PUNK :vince::vince:

JUVENTUD GUERRERA :vince::vince::vince::psypop:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Btw, Hangman's Tale is already up on Spotify, apparently it's been around since March.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

zimbomonkey posted:

embarrassed but certainly not surprised. also saw a lot of people in line who were proudly wearing shirts about how not woke they were.

Did they think they were in line for a WWE show or something?

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
I'm not sure if this is the right thread for it, but I'm going to see AEW live for the first time next week, how do the tapings for Dark and Elevation work with that? Just show up early and stay late or are they filmed another day? Thanks

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for it, but I'm going to see AEW live for the first time next week, how do the tapings for Dark and Elevation work with that? Just show up early and stay late or are they filmed another day? Thanks

They’ve been taping before and after Dynamite, yes.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

My opinion of Cody swings wildly depending on how much his rear end is being kicked.

Brodie murdering him? drat Cody rules.

Cody beats Ogogo while dressed as a flag? I dunno, maybe Cody's just dumb.

Cody gets kicked in the face? This dude gets it, he's the greatest mind in wrestling.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Rarity posted:

HANGMAN JOINED DARK ORDER :vince:

I don't know if that's 100%. Roberts announced them as "Dark Order with Hangman" and they did different hand signs on the apron. However, they matched outfits and the text at the bottom just said "DARK ORDER" when they were walking out. So I'm not sure if it's 100% clear he's totally in the Dark Order or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Cody is dumb outside of wrestling, but inside of wrestling he's very good, except the QT feud loving sucked and was pointless and lasted for 100 years.