Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Bard Maddox posted:

the stip for next week isn't that Jericho has to do a top rope move, but win with one, which will be very funny.

https://twitter.com/The_MJF/status/1420569232560041985

Given that this seems to be his victory lap, I wouldn’t be surprised if Jericho has been specifically training one high flying move that he DESPERATELY wants to show off. Tuning in to see a Jericho Phoenix Splash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Lamuella posted:

I'm not sure I'd count that as "blackface". It was a mask he removed. If this counts as blackface then Uno, the Blade, and Andrade are in blackface too.

Yeah. I’m pretty sure it was mean to be an inverted version of Joey Jordisons’ mask seeing as he died yesterday

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

sticklefifer posted:

I thought about that, but his early Japan run was Lionheart, so :shrug:

The other option of SMW & Lance Storm has also been mentioned, which would still track with that theory.

I think we’re all forgetting someone when talking about Jericho opponents

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Mr. Squishy posted:

In the game day thread, we were talking about a compound fracture that had broken through the skin. Doesn't seem entirely impossible, given how Cash rushes around out there.

Dave is saying that it was a big cut and he was stitched up backstage.

Speaking of Dave, he's saying that there's a decent chance Tanahashi sticks around for the PPV and him coming over was a Moxley request.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

britishbornandbread posted:

Also, I have absolutely no inside gossip on this at all, but is there a chance that Punk could be one of the Labours that MJF reveals? History between Punk and Jericho etc?

It’s looking more like Punk is going to be facing Darby at the PPV and it would be a little bit of a waste to blow that return in the middle of another story

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Pineapple Pete coming back, losing, them getting his own trials and tribulations thing to get a match with Jericho would be hilarious

But they're all fairly low stakes with the mot severe one being "win a match against Joey Janella" or something

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Oh my God I just realized that if Page/Omega is still the plan then Tanahashi will be present for Hangman overcoming Kenny and rising to the top. Just like Tanahashi said he was capable of during the 2018 G1

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Between Punk/Darby and Mox/Tanahashi, the world title is really going to be overshadowed at All Out now it’s not Hangman

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
I feel like if they’re changing opponents, you REALLY need to make sure it’s not going to be against someone who the crowd are going to poo poo on for not being Hangman. Christian is a BIG risk in that department. Eddie or OC would be more sensible

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
I’ll still get it but it’s probably no longer a “stay up until 4am on a Sunday” kind of show for me anymore

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

StarkRavingMad posted:

Whatever they do with Daniel Bryan and especially CM Punk is Chicago is going to overshadow everything else on the card no matter what. I don’t at all mind them pushing back Omega/Hangman to a PPV where it won’t be stuck as the third-most talked about thing.

Then maybe don't heavily imply that's going to be the match.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

tao of lmao posted:

The impatience over a 2+ year storyline possibly extending another month or two is very funny to me.

MRT brought up Tyler Black. That was a multi-year title hunt that was left too late and it was only a couple of months between Final Battle and 8th anniversary. It did irreparable damage to Tyler's reign as champion. I hope I'm wrong but the crowd is never going to be hotter than this.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

tao of lmao posted:

Irreparable? You mean the dude who went on to become one of the 3 people wwe bother to push?

The horror.

The crowd went from being white hot for Tyler to booing him on every defence after he won. What WWE did with him after is irrelevant

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

I hadn't considered this, and this could work, actually.

Heel vs Heel (even if Switchblade is working face in Impact) is a bold move for a PPV main event

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Cerebral Bore posted:

You debut Punk at Rampage and then you main event All Out with CM Punk vs Darby Allin and there you have your white hot send the crowd home happy match.

"Even when they gave me the title, they'd relegate the title match to semi-main" ~ CM Punk

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Gumball Gumption posted:

Suddenly flashing back to watching the first Lord of the Rings movie in theaters with people who had not read the books.

Pretty apt considering Return of the King looked like it was about to end and then went on for another 45 minutes

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Pylons posted:

So, assuming it isn't Kenny because he isn't getting in a world title feud right away (and Hangman ideally has the belt by this point), who does Punk eat his first loss to?

Cassidy or Andrade. Both would really benefit from the rub in different ways. It either cements OC as a main eventer or gets Andrade that next push he needs to get over as a heel

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

NienNunb posted:

The first thing I see this morning opening the aew thread:

Turn on your monitor

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Pylons posted:

We don't know who's just outside of the top 5 either.

It’s gonna be Cody after he squashes Black in five minutes

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Rukus has finally uploaded the Andrade theme to his bandcamp and it sounds like he's done a fair bit of tinkering with it:

https://aewrestling.bandcamp.com/track/kill-the-messenger-andrade-el-idolo-aew-theme

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Malarkey will lose but for a good reason. Because Cody the Redeemer will save his soul and transform him from moody to fun loving.

Malakai Black: Undesirable to Undeniable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
How about we all discuss this great interview with Nick Muthafuckin’ Gage about his ARW appearance instead? Seems like he has an absolute blast

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/nick-gage-details-his-experience-aew-dynamite-tony-khan-showing-him-love