Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Applewhite posted:

I need a medieval/fantasy town walking simulator pls.

I'd like a game where I walk around a medieval town and talk to my neighbors. I don't particularly care if my neighbor is a regular human or some sort of elf. I also wouldn't mind some dungeon delving but mostly I'd like the option to just wander around and see the sights.

Any games like that?

If not, any DMs out there willing to do just the town portions of the campaign and basically be a town for me forever?

I believe this one was called, "Chicken Chaser"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Applewhite posted:

I need a medieval/fantasy town walking simulator pls.

I'd like a game where I walk around a medieval town and talk to my neighbors. I don't particularly care if my neighbor is a regular human or some sort of elf. I also wouldn't mind some dungeon delving but mostly I'd like the option to just wander around and see the sights.

Any games like that?

If not, any DMs out there willing to do just the town portions of the campaign and basically be a town for me forever?

Only if I get to do silly voices.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

signalnoise posted:

I believe this one was called, "Chicken Chaser"

Like the default nickname from Fable?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Alternate desire besides walking simulator: a fantasy RPG that's basically Oops: All Sidequests.

Like, the world doesn't need saving and there's no "central story," but there's a million people living in the world and they all have stories and like, maybe one guy wants you to get a magic ring for him from a cave, or another guy lost his hat and it's somewhere out there in this huge, open world. Maybe you're just wandering around and you come across an enchanted glade with a beautiful girl but OOPS SHE'S A SIREN.

poo poo like that.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Applewhite posted:

Like the default nickname from Fable?

Yes what you said reminded me of Fable

Though I get the idea what you want is basically stardew valley but covered in poo poo and your artisan goods are caskets

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

signalnoise posted:

Yes what you said reminded me of Fable

Though I get the idea what you want is basically stardew valley but covered in poo poo and your artisan goods are caskets

I mean I'll also accept one where there's magic or whatever. The point is I don't want to be constantly hassled I just want to play the town part where the DM has to do all different voices.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I want an rpg where instead of selling your high powered magical weapons when you find a higher powered even more magical weapon, you give them to your army, and greatly improve that unit’s combat effectiveness in the strategic layer of gameplay. Yeah, you control an army sometimes. Cause you’re the loving chosen one.

this is just Ogre Battle foo'

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I want an rpg where instead of selling your high powered magical weapons when you find a higher powered even more magical weapon, you give them to your army, and greatly improve that unit’s combat effectiveness in the strategic layer of gameplay. Yeah, you control an army sometimes. Cause you’re the loving chosen one.

Dominions does this.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Fur20 posted:

this is just Ogre Battle foo'

Ugh I dislike Japanese poo poo with very few exceptions. American style rpg, full of weird and hosed up poo poo. Infinity engine type stuff. It should have multiple endings, all of which involve the main character’s apotheosis. Just the ultimate adolescent power fantasy, until you got to the sequel where you save the multiverse, kill all the other gods, and become the One True God. Yeah I don’t care about the equipment thing anymore, I just want to take over whole planes of existence.

Don’t recommend me anything, my dream game doesn’t exist. I’m picturing pillars of eternity but at the end you defeat all the gods one by one in single combat and steal their power, then send everybody you’ve ever defeated straight to hell, which didn’t exist until you willed it into existence.

It would be filled to the brim with edgy sex and gory violence that goons would think was cringe but guess what it’s not for goons, it’s for one goon, ME. Oh yeah it would come with the developer console enabled, because when your goal is apotheosis, a certain amount of cheating is expected, even encouraged. If you play all the way to the end without cheating, you get an achievement called "lol dumbass" worth zero points.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I think it's funny that you consider that an American rpg thing, to be honest

I'm currently thinking of a JRPG and its sequel that does what you described except for having a group to kill gods instead of it being single combat, a couple little details about the scenario, and the developer console thing. The broad strokes are all there and killing god is like the biggest jrpg trope of them all

signalnoise fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Aug 22, 2021

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

signalnoise posted:

I think it's funny that you consider that an American rpg thing, to be honest

I'm currently thinking of a JRPG and its sequel that does what you described except for having a group to kill gods instead of it being single combat, a couple little details about the scenario, and the developer console thing. The broad strokes are all there and killing god is like the biggest jrpg trope of them all

I know there’s tons of deicide in JRPGs, which is a shame because I don’t care for JRPGs. I just want to kill the entire D&D monster manual, and then every pantheon of Toril, or Eora, or wherever, in a real-time with pause combat system, isometric perspective, and prerendered backgrounds. Why even mention the gods if we can’t slaughter them and take all their stuff?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

20 Blunts posted:

a sales simulator with a CRM

Life is already a simulation

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Applewhite posted:

you got money?

FacePox
Jun 16, 2021

Dwarf Fortress adventure mode but good.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

NHL 2004 except it's franchise mode all the time and you're the teams charter plane pilot and other than the team flights you just have to wait around for them and you can't ever meet them or whatever but you KNOW they're back there.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Ugh I dislike Japanese poo poo with very few exceptions. American style rpg, full of weird and hosed up poo poo. Infinity engine type stuff. It should have multiple endings, all of which involve the main character’s apotheosis. Just the ultimate adolescent power fantasy, until you got to the sequel where you save the multiverse, kill all the other gods, and become the One True God. Yeah I don’t care about the equipment thing anymore, I just want to take over whole planes of existence.

Don’t recommend me anything, my dream game doesn’t exist. I’m picturing pillars of eternity but at the end you defeat all the gods one by one in single combat and steal their power, then send everybody you’ve ever defeated straight to hell, which didn’t exist until you willed it into existence.

It would be filled to the brim with edgy sex and gory violence that goons would think was cringe but guess what it’s not for goons, it’s for one goon, ME. Oh yeah it would come with the developer console enabled, because when your goal is apotheosis, a certain amount of cheating is expected, even encouraged. If you play all the way to the end without cheating, you get an achievement called "lol dumbass" worth zero points.

Except for the sex stuff this once again sounds a lot like Dominions

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Rutibex posted:

you got money?

Not enough for a live-in DM :/

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Applewhite posted:

It's Dominos

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

My dream game is one that makes realtime with pause go away

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Applewhite posted:

I googled that and it looked like a game of RISK, not Baldur’s Gate II.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I googled that and it looked like a game of RISK, not Baldur’s Gate II.

Yeah but you play as a pretender god on a mission to slay all other gods and you can distribute magical items to your army.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Asterite34 posted:

gently caress the Ocean: The Game

Not enough horror games utilize how loving scary the deep ocean is. Like, SOMA and nominally Bioshock kinda scratch that itch, but it lacks that sense of both claustrophobia and also utter vastness. Subnautica has some of that too, but everything's kinda bright and colorful and full of wonder. It doesn't elicit as much paranoid dread.

So yeah, survival horror game where you're in one of those deep-sea subs diving into the abyssal zone, a weird inky blackness with only maybe the continental shelf as any sort of landmark to orient yourself, and once you drift away from that you're left bumbling around in expansive murky darkness where any hosed-up thing could be lurking juuuuust outside the view provided by your lights, able to see you while you can't see them.

See a little light up ahead? Oops, bioluminescent predator! Try and head for the surface? Hope you don't bump into anything counter-illuminated the color of seawater so it's near-invisible from below! snagged on a string of something? Mile-long tendril of something. Oh Jesus Christ what's that huge thing looming out of the void :stonk:

I think The Outer Wilds has both played this straight and subverted it beautifully. It’s only been that game where I have discovered a place was completely safe and I still wanted to get the gently caress out of it.

I can’t imagine an entire game feeling that stressed out.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i would like to play a game where i get to do funny voices :shobon:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Aardvark! posted:

i would like to play a game where i get to do funny voices :shobon:

In the hit SEGA Dreamcast game Seaman you may speak to Seaman in any voice you would like.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Literally A Person posted:

In the hit SEGA Dreamcast game Seaman you may speak to Seaman in any voice you would like.

Then you can play Odama

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Game where bayonetta meets her french cousin viennetta who has hair made of ice cream

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Cone bros: The Game [VR only]

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Cruelty squad already exists

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

signalnoise posted:

Game where bayonetta meets her french cousin viennetta who has hair made of ice cream

Surely she's Austrian?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Xaintrailles posted:

Surely she's Austrian?

According to wikipedia, it's called Fantasia in Israel, Germany, Greece, and Austria

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Walking simulator of the complete Enterprise D. Not just the bridge and engineering. Every room, every Jeffries tube, every deck and corridor meticulously recreated.

Then put the Alien from Alien: Isolation in there >: D

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
risk, except fun

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Applewhite posted:

Walking simulator of the complete Enterprise D. Not just the bridge and engineering. Every room, every Jeffries tube, every deck and corridor meticulously recreated.

Then put the Alien from Alien: Isolation in there >: D

That would be so horrifying. Surrounded by all this incredible technology that could defeat the monster hunting you instantly, but you can't use it because none of the controls make any loving sense. Plus you keep accidentally running in a circle because everywhere is a beige corridor.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I want a sequel to Hatoful Boyfriend.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Junk posted:

risk, except fun

that game is called Craps

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

MNSNTZR posted:

I think The Outer Wilds has both played this straight and subverted it beautifully. It’s only been that game where I have discovered a place was completely safe and I still wanted to get the gently caress out of it.

I can’t imagine an entire game feeling that stressed out.

Bought Outer Wilds based on this post. The statue in the museum already creeped me out.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

FacePox posted:

Dwarf Fortress adventure mode but good.

Dwarf Fortress fortress mode but it's magically able to run at full speed no matter how big my fortress gets.

dk2m
May 6, 2009
I want a game set during the 1500s where you are born in Spain just as the Americas are being colonized.

I want it to be like GTA where you get to play as both an Aztec person from childhood and a Spanish child born to a monk family. In my head, it’s a photo realistic recreation of the times and the energy of both societies before the conquistadors really stepped foot there - in Spain, the greed, ambition, adventure, etc and in Aztec society, the conquering of its neighbors as it reached the height of its civilization

In spain, you grow up in the game going to school, playing with friends, running around your town hearing of stories of the new World. Eventually, you become a monk, and decide to ship with Cortes.

In tenochtitlan, you are a warrior that has just graduated into Monctezumas elite warrior group the Jaguar Knights and are tasked with overseeing the reparation efforts of your recently vanquished rivals

Each character should have insanely sophisticated moral options, maybe using something like AI Dungeon where the options are directly sourced from how you play the game - and even something as benign as not properly standing back enough when approaching a stranger has an impact

The game will ultimately be a simulation game of the two worlds colliding. It would follow the events of your play through from both sides, and should have have thousands of different ways it ends because it should be AI driven - whether, like in reality, you become bloodthirsty and level Tenotitlan to the ground, or you kill Cortes as the spanish, or you as a warrior decide to defect and kill Cortes yourself, or the warrior and monk raise a resistance army, etc.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

dk2m posted:

I want a game set during the 1500s where you are born in Spain just as the Americas are being colonized.

I want it to be like GTA where you get to play as both an Aztec person from childhood and a Spanish child born to a monk family. In my head, it’s a photo realistic recreation of the times and the energy of both societies before the conquistadors really stepped foot there - in Spain, the greed, ambition, adventure, etc and in Aztec society, the conquering of its neighbors as it reached the height of its civilization

In spain, you grow up in the game going to school, playing with friends, running around your town hearing of stories of the new World. Eventually, you become a monk, and decide to ship with Cortes.

In tenochtitlan, you are a warrior that has just graduated into Monctezumas elite warrior group the Jaguar Knights and are tasked with overseeing the reparation efforts of your recently vanquished rivals

Each character should have insanely sophisticated moral options, maybe using something like AI Dungeon where the options are directly sourced from how you play the game - and even something as benign as not properly standing back enough when approaching a stranger has an impact

The game will ultimately be a simulation game of the two worlds colliding. It would follow the events of your play through from both sides, and should have have thousands of different ways it ends because it should be AI driven - whether, like in reality, you become bloodthirsty and level Tenotitlan to the ground, or you kill Cortes as the spanish, or you as a warrior decide to defect and kill Cortes yourself, or the warrior and monk raise a resistance army, etc.

same but it's sim-recycling pick up and processing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

JRPG with an aesthetic drawn from classic Hanna-Barbera cartoons where you have Lawrence Welk as the protagonist fighting to stop a dark force called the Doldrums that strips color from whatever it infects and makes everything melancholy. You must fight alongside your friends using the power of whimsical music.