Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Today is the day. ESPN 2 becomes ESPN The Ocho.

Weird "sports."

PINBALL is on right now.

Rockskipping was on last half hour. It included this fella:

Remaining Schedule (EST):

2:30 p.m. Stern Heads-Up Pinball Invitational
3 p.m. Air Hockey Invitational
3:30 p.m. World Championship Rototiller Races
4 p.m. 2021 Corgi Races at Emerald Downs
4:30 p.m. 2021 Bagger Bowl
5 p.m. 52 Annual World Championship Cow Chip Throwing Contest
5:30 p.m. 2020 USA Mullet Championships
6 p.m. 2021 US Air Guitar Championships
7 p.m. World Chase Tag USA 2021
9 p.m. 2021 ACL World Championships (Live)
11 p.m. 2020 Death Diving World Championship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Lol wtf awesome

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I've watched pro pinball players and I have no fuckin idea how they do it. When I play pinball I'm doing all I can to just not lose the ball. These people just make that ball go exactly where they want it to go and when.

There actually probably is a market to watch competitive pinball.

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021
Last night I watched half of a documentary about pro Foosball players. It was actually kinda interesting, but I got tired and couldn't do the 2nd half.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

:prepop:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Foosball was a kinda big deal when I was clubbing and
:lmao: there was always the couple of white guys at every club that took it way too seriously. Maybe an older exjock with a short mullet or a rail thin hippie loner type.
They'd have a special half glove for their main shooting hand.

Do all this bar flexing and rapid breathing before their signature skill shot, looking back and forth at the goal and their lil wooden man, maybe roll it in place an inch or two each way for a minute, completely unnecessarily.

Wanna bes would watch in a semicircle. It was a total sausage fest. If you wanted to play your hapless boyfriend and you would do your best but they'd run the table all night.

I was good for an amateur girl but still way sucked. I lost a sapphire ring taking it off to play and putting on the side with the quarters one night. :doh:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Jose Oquendo posted:

I've watched pro pinball players and I have no fuckin idea how they do it. When I play pinball I'm doing all I can to just not lose the ball. These people just make that ball go exactly where they want it to go and when.

There actually probably is a market to watch competitive pinball.

@boar guy

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

I'm watching it right now, they are beheading a man

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Spinz posted:

:lmao: there was always the couple of white guys at every club that took it way too seriously. Maybe an older exjock with a short mullet or a rail thin hippie loner type.

Do all this bar flexing and rapid breathing before their signature skill shot, looking back and forth at the goal and their lil wooden man, maybe roll it in place an inch or two each way for a minute, completely unnecessarily.

Wanna bes would watch in a semicircle. It was a total sausage fest. If you wanted to play your hapless boyfriend and you would do your best but they'd run the table all night.

I was good for an amateur girl but still way sucked. I lost a sapphire ring taking it off to play and putting on the side with the quarters one night. :doh:

I used to do this but in my cousin's basement. Never made it to the big leagues....

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021

Spinz posted:

I think they use tennis racquet wrap instead of gloves now and the shot you're referring to is called the 'Snake shot' as see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wtnZVdTMMI

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

sporkstand posted:

I think they use tennis racquet wrap instead of gloves now and the shot you're referring to is called the 'Snake shot' as see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wtnZVdTMMI

Yup lolololol

Besides the pros, if you were good at that shot pretty much that was it, every guy did that shot. Hard to defend I bet

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

sporkstand posted:

Hmm when I would play we had a rule that you couldn't spin them upside down

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

wish there was a way to stream espn overseas. this sounds like goofy fun

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I highly doubt that Guinness keeps records for most household goods stuffed in one rear end in a top hat and I'm not sure this program was strictly necessary

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Spinz posted:

Foosball was a kinda big deal when I was clubbing

What’s your definition of “clubbing”? I sure as hell, have never seen foosball at a club.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Grocery Bagging Now!

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Megan Thompson forgot her fig bars!!!!

Turdo
Jun 15, 2012

sporkstand posted:

Modern competitive foosball is super boring because nobody does anything but this loving shot. Completely ruins the pace of the game when everyone is trying to pin the ball and spend 15 seconds setting up the same shot over and over. It gets around the 'no spinning' rule by being a 'controlled spin' of only 360°. I'm just jealous that I can't do it and don't have a cool little glove

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Athanatos posted:

Grocery Bagging Now!

This is very Ohio.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

always impressed at people who can still live like it's 18 years ago, anyway anyone ever see that adam sandler movie where he plays golf? I bet people who like this would love that one. Never seen it myself, but I knew a guy from Kansas who loved to quote it. Anyway, I got a real good one for ya, you ready?

GEORGE W BUSH

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Flowers for QAnon posted:

What’s your definition of “clubbing”? I sure as hell, have never seen foosball at a club.

If you live in the PNW, you'll see all sorts of wacky poo poo in bars and nightclubs.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Athanatos posted:

Grocery Bagging Now!

When I used to work grocery/retail, we used to joke about this kind of thing all the time. We never knew it was real but I always suspected it probably was. The way we imagined it was like as some kind of underground fight club/street racing scene where the competitions took place in abandoned supermarkets with high stakes and hot women.

"I live my life a quarter aisle at a time."

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
This poo poo is my jam OP :jackbud:

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021

Ventral EggSac posted:

Hmm when I would play we had a rule that you couldn't spin them upside down

I think the official Foosball rules state that the man can't do more than a 360 degree rotation or something like that. Since they're starting with the man pinning the ball, the amount of rotation with the snake shot is only 340 degrees.

Kilomile
Aug 24, 2005

The Square's just a kilomile that-a-way!
wow the first cow chip tosser absolutely demolished everyone else, 161 feet

good job Cade Thunderbolt Nickerson

Kilomile fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Aug 6, 2021

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
ESPN is finally worth watching

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

2021 Air Guitar World Championship on right now. Is this what a stroke feels like?

Edit: "Air guitar is a thinking man's sport" :psyduck:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Flowers for QAnon posted:

This was PNW nightclubs, DJs, I remember California Love by Tupac, pretty yuppie clubs, mid 90s

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I am going to find replays of the emerald downs corgi races and replay them for Lenny the corgi so he can angrily yell at the television

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I'll only watch if they bring back Pro Beach Hockey

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

It ain't a sports channel if you aren't watching it on a bootleg Russian stream; speaking of which, anyone have a link to one? I want some Pro Pinball in my life.

Chewybiteems
Mar 16, 2009
This chase tag poo poo is awesome, should be on ESPN Uno or ESPN Dos

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Chewybiteems posted:

This chase tag poo poo is awesome, should be on ESPN Uno or ESPN Dos

I've actually seen this outside of The Ocho before so it does make it out into the wild sometimes.

And it is badass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
If rototiller racing is on this I presume they save the competitive plowing for ESPN 1?