Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Without the juggalos though, they would have probably discontinued Fanta many years ago. So they are not all bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

If you’re not above giggling at juggalos yet you might get nostalgic about this excellent episode of the Best Show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZicomCP3gM

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Ngl, one of the things that keeps me coming back to SA is that we stopped making fun of furries and juggalos; not because there's nothing to make fun of but because it's passe and we actually grew up a little bit.

I worked with a reddit poisoned idiot and he was convinced that ityol 2020, making fun of furries was still edgy. :chloe:

i think laughing at people is totally fine so long as you keep in mind someone else are probably laughing at you. who knows maybe in the end we'll all learn to laugh with eachother :)

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Chinatown posted:

yeah i think they are pretty left leaning and hate cops so yeah they are a tribe that is on the side of, well, everyone who wants to burn it all down

deep dish peat moss posted:

Based on the juggalos I have known it's not that they're particularly pro-minority or whatever but more that they're just willing to accept anyone and everyone who feels left out for any reason, on the good end of the spectrum that includes when it's because of oppression or a lovely home life, and on the bad end of the spectrum that includes when the person is bad and that's why they don't have friends. It puts them in the upper half of subcultures for sure though.

Like their whole attitude is "If you don't have family that has your back, then I'm your family who has your back" which is pretty dope, if sometimes naive and misguided.

This is just an outsider's speculation but I think a lot of the clown and aesthetic stuff is mostly because the target demo is all of these kids and wayward youth in rural bible belt villages who would be indoctrinated as bible thumping chuds if they didn't have something that was the complete opposite of what their parents are into to draw them away, it's less about the aesthetic being cool and more about how the aesthetic drives away the people who treat them like poo poo.

They definitely have some lovely customs though so I can't pretend I'm fully down with the clown, their way of welcoming "non-(juggalo-)traditional" acts at the Gathering, like Andrew WK for example, is by throwing things like beer bottles at the performer during their set, which the performers are supposed to interpret as a good and friendly thing.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

For as many tolerant and accepting juggalos as there are, there is an approximately equal amount that are bigots of various stripe, racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, etc.
Their apparent politics and social mores have been aggrandized by trying to turn them into some benevolent caste of loveable outcast misfits, but they're just a group tied together by a terrible musical act and extremely tenuous general ideas of kinship and brotherhood via that group that doesn't really mean poo poo because going to GotJ means seeing at least several handfuls of them getting into idiotic fights while telling homophobic slurs at each other.

Chances are you're going to run into virulently homophobic juggalos en masses at the GotJ. Remember that ICP didn't change their tack on previously homophobic lyrics until quite recently, so it isn't like they set a great example.

I don't know why the internet did their 180 on ICP. I guess because there are far better targets than poor people being generally goofy and bonding over bad music, but from my experience they have not earned the general distinction as being some kind of loving and tolerant sub culture. You're probably going to see plenty of them being anti-BLM thin blue line types too because if you still think the lyrical content of music and the political leanings of that music register to conservatives, bigots, and worthless sacks of Republican poo poo, then you must have have somehow blissfully been unaware of how much they love poo poo like Bruce Springsteen, Neil Young, and Willie Nelson.

Anyway, they're not bad, they're not good, but the weird thing people have been doing lately of trying to mythologize them is a little cringe inducing.

Thanks for the posts :tipshat:

Also I just remembered that there are backyard wrestling games on the original XBOX featuring juggalos that someone on the forum complained about back when the games first came out in 2003

END OF AN ERROR posted:

So I purchased Backyard Wrestling for the Xbox, because well, it looked sweet as hell. Yes, I am an ICP fan, so this game looked awesome. I get it home and start up the Talk Show Mode, and choose Mr. Monoxide Child. My first task (and officially my last) is to defeat Rude Boy, another guy from the Psychopathic family.

Hooray Monoxide, jump up and down during your introduction, because it will be the last time you are on your feet. The match starts, and I'm immediately on the ground getting the living poo poo beaten out of me. I get a few punches or maybe, MAYBE a grab every now and then, but VERY rarely. I am just getting beaten horribly, no excuses for it. Getting beaten so bad that the weapons he throws at me, when I run away from them, they curve, follow me, and proceed to hit me.

Well I get beaten real bad the first two times, so I decide to raed the instructions, maybe I'm doing something wrong. Nope, I guessed correctly what all on the buttons do. I have the game on Normal, which is as easy as it gets, and I hardly survive 3 minutes, and it isn't even a fun 3 minutes. Screw you Backyard Wrestling, say hello to Mr. eBay.

Smeego posted:

I'm pretty sure that you can play as a skinny white guy and beat up juggalos. Or in the case of this thread, get beaten up by juggalos.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Dear Watson posted:

Yeah gently caress chickens!

Chickens is slang for rednecks ya wee tit

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Without the juggalos though, they would have probably discontinued Fanta many years ago. So they are not all bad.

I think you mean Faygo my friend

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

ICP is wholesome now. J has apologized for ever using gay-slurs and Shaggy posts cute videos of him with his kid
https://i.imgur.com/nxHAu6C.mp4

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Katamari Democracy posted:

Oh man, what happened to Violent J?

I know he became a support supportive furry for his daughter or whatever but why would he need to go to rehab? Isn't he sober?

hosed his marriage up by loving one of his female artists. Stopped taking certain necessary medications. Ruined his relationship with Twiztid thus seeding a schism between fans. Lost all of his original artists and friends to Twiztid's label due ti being an unhinged rear end in a top hat.

He did let Rhyno and someone random wrestler destroy his house though. Also did hosted a concert in his own living room. Also does support his gay furry daughter and owns his own Kung Fu Master Wolf fursuit.

Tbh i think his lack of antipsychotic meds and his insane need to give people money is loving him up bad

verbal enema fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Aug 8, 2021

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

ICP is wholesome now. J has apologized for ever using gay-slurs and Shaggy posts cute videos of him with his kid
https://i.imgur.com/nxHAu6C.mp4

The Shaggy And The Creep Show is insane good if you haven't seen it

Any episode where they have to interact with the public is perfect

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Oh yeah at the current Gathering their doing a Bigfoot hunt package that comes with a specific and rare medallion so i mean come on ICP owns

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
sounds terribly bigfoot-hostile imho :colbert:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
https://youtu.be/7l6vfY9I9yw

Budtenders

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

verbal enema posted:

The Shaggy And The Creep Show is insane good if you haven't seen it

Any episode where they have to interact with the public is perfect

At the very least everyone in this thread should follow Shags on instagram
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qm8jbllKmE1ypvb95.mp4

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

sounds terribly bigfoot-hostile imho :colbert:

Sorry i shoulda said Bigfoot search

no one can defeat Bigfoot

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

He's the best tbh

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

:emptyquote:

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

verbal enema posted:

Chickens is slang for rednecks ya wee tit

And here I thought I finally found a group I could belong to and actually feel like I fit in with

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/mitchwelling/status/898442716551368709/photo/1

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Robin Williams posted:

Kid N Play seems really weird, but I only know them from House Party (1990) and House Party 2 (1991).

How’d you overlook their magnum opus, House Party 3 (1994)?

https://youtu.be/tJ61by4DgmY

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

It just struck me how funny it would be if ICP actually found bigfoot

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

i think laughing at people is totally fine so long as you keep in mind someone else are probably laughing at you. who knows maybe in the end we'll all learn to laugh with eachother :)

I still love scrolling the pictures that come from the event of tents set up in the middle of the biggest mud hole you've ever seen, or cars being used as Official Hot Boxes parked in the middle of the food court, people who forgot to bring a tent and buy 30 t-shirts from the Merch shop to make a tent, or other great things like that.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Athanatos posted:

I still love scrolling the pictures that come from the event of tents set up in the middle of the biggest mud hole you've ever seen, or cars being used as Official Hot Boxes parked in the middle of the food court, people who forgot to bring a tent and buy 30 t-shirts from the Merch shop to make a tent, or other great things like that.

Now I want to go. Please take me to the mudhole and smother me in shirts.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
The Gathering always looked like some kind of post-apocalyptic nightmare circus and trip-reports make for fascinating/horrifying reading. Looking forward to what gets caught on camera this year.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I wish I had done a sturgis/gathering double header this year

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Anyone remember the one gathering where some dude cut off his nipples.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Which one was lake hepatitis, where all the fish died and were floating on the surface on the second day

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I remember vaguely hearing that Chris Hansen had fallen on hard times. What happened?

There's a young dude on YouTube named Mista GG who used to review TCAP videos and talk about the creeps. Then Hansen and some producer found out, started trying to make new TCAP videos. Then they started doxxing people. Then Mista GG called out Hansen and was like "yo dude, if you're trying to help kids, you gotta ditch this producer, he's sketchy".

Well the producer was sketchy and now Hansen is basically washed up because he doxxed people, started fights with kids, etc.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
i love juggalos

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

verbal enema posted:

Back in the day the line up was

ICP, TWIZTID, BLAZE YA DEAD HOMIE, ANYBODY KILLA, JUMPSTEADY, TECH N9NE, BONE THUGS N HARMONY, ESHAM, DARK FUKKIN LOTUS, PSYCHOPATHIC RYDAS, QSTRANGE, PROJECT BORN, MUSHROOMHEAD, POWERMAN 5000

That's all i got so many other acts so much other poo poo they had actual CARNIVAL RIDES one time

ICP will always own for being a gently caress you band to richies, bigots, and Chickens but goddamn Violent J hosed everything up

What's the backstory? He gently caress over his old friends or something?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

I love old videos and photos of ICP for some reason. I think just because of how mysterious they were back in the early 90s, and how lovely the clown makeup was back then. This is one of my favorite old-rear end videos of them, especially at the 1:50 mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FurXL1pTrM&t=109s

I believe this is the oldest ICP footage ever, though. From 1990:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy8erRVJKMk

I wish there was longer footage of this :allears:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

lol juffalo

Schlong Connery
Jan 20, 2014

Pika-Chew

deep dish peat moss posted:

Spotify sent me this as a push notification on my phone once so if you're in the lower 98% do not dare talk to me about danny brown

Danny Brown rules!
They always manage to get a couple solid acts along with all the people I've never heard of beyond this event

What happened to the helicopter rides and mud wrestling next to a dirty algae filled lake, though?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
They wrestled and that was neat

Schlong Connery
Jan 20, 2014

Pika-Chew

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I don't know why the internet did their 180 on ICP. I guess because there are far better targets than poor people being generally goofy and bonding over bad music, but from my experience they have not earned the general distinction as being some kind of loving and tolerant sub culture. You're probably going to see plenty of them being anti-BLM thin blue line types too because if you still think the lyrical content of music and the political leanings of that music register to conservatives, bigots, and worthless sacks of Republican poo poo, then you must have have somehow blissfully been unaware of how much they love poo poo like Bruce Springsteen, Neil Young, and Willie Nelson.

Anyway, they're not bad, they're not good, but the weird thing people have been doing lately of trying to mythologize them is a little cringe inducing.

Too true, I've seen all 3 of those acts at some point and the boomer chuds were out in force.
I always thought going to a gathering would be an interesting experience, but I would fully expect to see what you describe even if it was also along with the peace love and family type stuff.
Ultimately the subculture is united through as you say, a lovely musical act and outsider persona, and not any specific ideology

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

They should set up a mass juggalo vaccination facility. Violent J&J.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

https://ve.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_q13ycqIxQ71ypvb95.mp4
https://ve.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_q1cjbdHvgH1ypvb95.mp4
Shaggy's family is cool too
https://ve.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_q1cjcntmjA1ypvb95.mp4

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

i like it when danny brown streams final fantasy xiv and i can post pee pee doo doo at him and i can be 99% sure he saw it

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

what character he play as.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

EorayMel posted:

Thanks for the posts :tipshat:

Also I just remembered that there are backyard wrestling games on the original XBOX featuring juggalos that someone on the forum complained about back when the games first came out in 2003

quote:

So I purchased Backyard Wrestling for the Xbox, because well, it looked sweet as hell. Yes, I am an ICP fan, so this game looked awesome. I get it home and start up the Talk Show Mode, and choose Mr. Monoxide Child. My first task (and officially my last) is to defeat Rude Boy, another guy from the Psychopathic family.

Hooray Monoxide, jump up and down during your introduction, because it will be the last time you are on your feet. The match starts, and I'm immediately on the ground getting the living poo poo beaten out of me. I get a few punches or maybe, MAYBE a grab every now and then, but VERY rarely. I am just getting beaten horribly, no excuses for it. Getting beaten so bad that the weapons he throws at me, when I run away from them, they curve, follow me, and proceed to hit me.

Well I get beaten real bad the first two times, so I decide to raed the instructions, maybe I'm doing something wrong. Nope, I guessed correctly what all on the buttons do. I have the game on Normal, which is as easy as it gets, and I hardly survive 3 minutes, and it isn't even a fun 3 minutes. Screw you Backyard Wrestling, say hello to Mr. eBay.

Smeego posted:

I'm pretty sure that you can play as a skinny white guy and beat up juggalos. Or in the case of this thread, get beaten up by juggalos.

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Everyone ITT who's suddenly done a 180 because juggalos "just want to have fun" and "aren't collectively as lovely as white supremacists" would last about one day at a gathering getting sprayed with sticky soda and toilets overflowing with feces and people blasting airhorns all night shouting "gently caress your sleep WHOOP WHOOP" before you changed your attitude right back to "man gently caress these goddamn juggalos"