Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
did they ever figure out how magnets work??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dignity Van Houten posted:

Everyone ITT who's suddenly done a 180 because juggalos "just want to have fun" and "aren't collectively as lovely as white supremacists" would last about one day at a gathering getting sprayed with sticky soda and toilets overflowing with feces and people blasting airhorns all night shouting "gently caress your sleep WHOOP WHOOP" before you changed your attitude right back to "man gently caress these goddamn juggalos"

I mean if I had to live there forever probably yeah

Juggalos are the American Proletariat and frequently obnoxious, but allies in the grand scheme. There are much, much better places to point your distain

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I subscribe to the Labor Theory of Faygo myself.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Archer666 posted:

I subscribe to the Labor Theory of Faygo myself.

Woop Woop, ninja

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

sliami posted:

what character he play as.

idk i cant follow anything on the screen

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

sliami posted:

what character he play as.
I think he's the catgirl.

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

epic

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

I deal with hundreds and sometimes thousands of Juggalos each year in my line of work.

They are honestly some of the nicest people who will give you the last dollar they have or last faygo stained shirt off their back.

They are just a part of a real cringe group is all.

poo poo music, poo poo look, but some of the nicest and most inclusive people ever.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
have they announced any wrestlers for the JCW shows during the gathering? Really hoping for the return of Fat gently caress Barrel Boy

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Also check out the SNL rip on it...

pretty drat spot on

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the only thing poo poo about the music is that a lot of songs have homophobic slurs and misogyny in them, but this applies to a lot of music from the 90s and 2000s

they are some of the most fun singable poo poo in existence even if they are dumb as gently caress in some absolute sense

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Everyone ITT who's suddenly done a 180 because juggalos "just want to have fun" and "aren't collectively as lovely as white supremacists" would last about one day at a gathering getting sprayed with sticky soda and toilets overflowing with feces and people blasting airhorns all night shouting "gently caress your sleep WHOOP WHOOP" before you changed your attitude right back to "man gently caress these goddamn juggalos"

Look, it's a cop

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Tato posted:

have they announced any wrestlers for the JCW shows during the gathering? Really hoping for the return of Fat gently caress Barrel Boy

I know Colt Cabana's going to be there.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ice. Cold. Piss. :mmmsmug:

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

That just how bad things are now, it in the early 2000s it was cringy to say gently caress nazi because everyone ones knows there is no such thing.

Turns out saying that something doesn't exist anymore enables it because people just ignores the early signs of it.

Also I always though we dunk on furries not because they are furries but because they brought poo poo ton of drama in the early 2000s.

cardedagain
Aug 28, 2006

Shishkahuben posted:

Steve-O as in the Jackass star? That's a surprise guest but not THAT surprising.

Steve O has a podcast now and he definitely casts a wide net for who he does interviews with.

i watched his episode with violent j and they pretty much agreed on that podcast episode that someday steve-o should be the host for the onstage performers at a future gathering.

so there's that.

cardedagain
Aug 28, 2006

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I remember vaguely hearing that Chris Hansen had fallen on hard times. What happened?

well, the Gathering doesn't book A-list celebs, so Hansen might still be on hard times.

verbal enema posted:

He's the best tbh

definitely underrated. like, J carries the group and image, actually does most of the rapping on their songs, etc.

but in interviews, Shaggy doesn't speak as much, but definitely throws more zingers out when he does speak.

violent j wrote an autobiography like two decades ago, and although it's just his life story, there's interludes in between chapters where Shaggy tells you how to commit criminal acts. it's amusing. also in J's life story, most of the times in ICP's early history, Shaggy was constantly in and out of jail.

cardedagain fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Aug 13, 2021

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Shishkahuben posted:

Steve-O as in the Jackass star? That's a surprise guest but not THAT surprising.

To me, a dude who stopped doing drugs and fixed his life to go to the Gathering where you can get a free drive-by heroin injection is very suprising.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I used to want to go to GotJ, just to see what it was like. I'm older now. Now I kinda want to go to Hulaween. Because it actually looks like a good time.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

The Bloop posted:

they are some of the most fun singable poo poo in existence

🎶 Ring 3,The ICP
You can look if you want but I wouldn't lay a hand on me
That's how ya get hosed up
We'll squeeze ya windpipe shut 🎶

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

🎶 Ring 3,The ICP
You can look if you want but I wouldn't lay a hand on me
That's how ya get hosed up
We'll squeeze ya windpipe shut 🎶

the next line is far more GBS if we're doing this

🎶 Yo, I'm a Nerd. Word. I drink Thunderbird.
Half-Snake Woman kicked my love to the curb 🎶

wankel13b
Jan 23, 2005

quak
But also there was that awkward ICP baby funeral. Grandma is real uncomfortable there.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

wankel13b posted:

But also there was that awkward ICP baby funeral. Grandma is real uncomfortable there.

oh it's super trashy poo poo for trashy people, no doubt about that.

These are the people that feel like outsiders in society and sometimes it's very much their own gross fault but often not

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

wankel13b posted:

I feel bad for everyone in this picture

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I feel bad for everyone in this picture

...except the coffin occupant

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Did anybody say Pokemon Faygo To The Polls yet

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Waltzing Along posted:

...except the coffin occupant

it was a juggalo.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
RIP Annabelle Lotus

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Also if anybody wants to see an Italian jabroni play a juggalo wrestling game with an OC do not steal juggalo go here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK6VLuo8E50

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

There's a young dude on YouTube named Mista GG who used to review TCAP videos and talk about the creeps. Then Hansen and some producer found out, started trying to make new TCAP videos. Then they started doxxing people. Then Mista GG called out Hansen and was like "yo dude, if you're trying to help kids, you gotta ditch this producer, he's sketchy".

Well the producer was sketchy and now Hansen is basically washed up because he doxxed people, started fights with kids, etc.
Yeah, he hasn't had the best time since his 15 minutes ended.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/catch-predator-host-chris-hansen-arrested-over-13-000-bounced-n959471

quote:

In summer 2017, Hansen bought about $13,000 worth of promotional items, like hats, shirts and mugs from a local company, and paid for them with a check that bounced, Scanlan told NBC News.

"The owner and Hansen go back and forth for a period of time," and in April of 2018, Hansen gave the business owner another check, Scanlan said. That one bounced, too.

Police issued a warrant for Hansen's arrest after he refused to speak with them, Scanlan said.

Hansen hosted NBC's "Dateline" series "To Catch a Predator" until it was canceled in 2008. He also hosted spinoffs "To Catch an I.D. Thief" and "To Catch a Con Man."

In 2015, Hansen launched a kickstarter to fund a new show, "Hansen vs. Predator." Mugs and T-shirts are listed as incentives for donating.

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

wankel13b posted:

Are they burying the baby in a cooler?

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

An ex of mine used to go to the Gathering as a photography gig. She described it as largely an open air drug market/fuckfest. And at some point some dude parked his car somewhere he wasn't supposed to and she said over the course of a couple of hours the entire thing was dismantled leaving just the frame.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Juggalos are weird and gross and people have been fetishising them as everymen since VICE did that doc on them a few years ago. All the juggalos ive ever known cant hold jobs and think its fine to do ketamine on a Wednesday. Im also from Detroit which is like the Juggalo epicentre.

Gathering looks fun but id rather go to a festival with good music.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Twigand Berries posted:

An ex of mine used to go to the Gathering as a photography gig. She described it as largely an open air drug market/fuckfest. And at some point some dude parked his car somewhere he wasn't supposed to and she said over the course of a couple of hours the entire thing was dismantled leaving just the frame.

There was a dude who tried to rape a girl at the gathering and juggalos took apart his car. When I went to the 2003 Gathering there was the Drug Bridge which was just a bridge that people sold/gave drugs to anyone passing by.
There weren't any Nazis or anything but like you all said that wasn't a thing in the early 2000s like it is now. Violent J did say don't vote for Trump so there is that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqdwIqXE8O8

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Juggalos are weird dorks and that's good and cool and I am happy they have found something that brings them together and brings them joy.
I'm much less happy about them doing this during a global pandemic. With how socially conscious the ICP have been of late - and good lord that feels so weird to write - it's frankly both surprising and disappointing that they didn't cancel it this year like they did last year.
Hell, aren't they playing at Sturgis too? Which, you know, besides also being a superspreader event, also has openly displayed and sold Nazi paraphernalia.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Poohs Packin posted:

Juggalos are weird and gross and people have been fetishising them as everymen since VICE did that doc on them a few years ago. All the juggalos ive ever known cant hold jobs and think its fine to do ketamine on a Wednesday. Im also from Detroit which is like the Juggalo epicentre.

Gathering looks fun but id rather go to a festival with good music.

I mean only the obvious ones with hatchet man face tats and poo poo there are plenty of fans that work white collar jobs and whatever and don't wear face paint to the supermarket. I guess you may not mean them but it's sort of a No True Scotsman situation

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

The Bloop posted:

I mean only the obvious ones with hatchet man face tats and poo poo there are plenty of fans that work white collar jobs and whatever and don't wear face paint to the supermarket. I guess you may not mean them but it's sort of a No True Scotsman situation

Im sure there are normal ones considering their fandom is so big. I just always saw it as music for edgelord tweens who were mad at their parents.

I think also ive always found the "accepting of everyone" myth to be a not only innaccurate, but not entirely unique to their subculture.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I hope Andrew Callaghan of Channel 5 does a video on the Gathering. It's perfect material.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Detective No. 27 posted:

I hope Andrew Callaghan of Channel 5 does a video on the Gathering. It's perfect material.

And then breaks it into 50 short clips and uploads those, too.

Not a fan of the clip uploads. Really seems to be fishing for clicks rather than actually creating content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
* barely met a juggalo or hung out with people past highschool who arent in their white middle class demographic *

"They are intersectional marxists and I love them"