Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Robin Williams posted:

* barely met a juggalo or hung out with people past highschool who arent in their white middle class demographic *

"They are intersectional marxists and I love them"

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Detective No. 27 posted:

I hope Andrew Callaghan of Channel 5 does a video on the Gathering. It's perfect material.

Gathering of the Juggalos is like 80% just youtube personalities now.

How long until some tech bros find out liking juggalos is "Cool on the internet" and invade the gathering with corporate tents just like Burning Man.

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Poohs Packin posted:

Gathering of the Juggalos is like 80% just youtube personalities now.

How long until some tech bros find out liking juggalos is "Cool on the internet" and invade the gathering with corporate tents just like Burning Man.

Its not even cool on the internet at large, the bizarre thing is pretty much just on here and because of these threads once a year.

Robin Williams fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Aug 14, 2021

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

One time I was waiting at a bus stop to go home at 11pm and there were a couple drunk, houseless people at the same bus stop who were arguing about something - yelling, sometimes even swinging at each other but it never escalated to a fight. As I'm waiting there this kid rolls up on a skateboard and stops at the same bus stop and after a few minutes of watching the argument he interjects by saying "Hey! Do you all get high?"

Of course everyone stops arguing right then and there. "Yeah of course we do!" they say.

So this kid whips out a pipe and a baggie and packs a bowl and he passes it around - the houseless folk smoke first and it makes its way to me and I take a hit and it makes its way back to the kid. A few minutes later the bus shows up. Everyone gets on, the kid comes to the back and sits near me. "Easiest way to break up a fight" he says to me. I laugh and he asks if I need to buy some weed.

"As a matter of fact, I do need to buy some weed." I say. So he gives me his phone number. I text him the next day and he tells me to meet him at the circle K at the same bus stop and he'll pick me up. "Cool." I say. I ride the bus out there. 10 mins later he shows up on a skateboard and says we have to walk - well, I have to walk, he gets to skate. It's a 2 mile walk in the brutal desert heat, but I follow. Along the way he tells me that he's a Jugglo and asks if I know what that is. I pretend I don't. "We're just a bunch of kids who live together because we have nowhere else to go." he says. "Come on, my place is over here."

He directs me off the sidewalk and toward an apartment complex, we weave behind these brutalist post-modern desert pod apartments until we reach his. "The front door doesn't work, we have to go through the patio." he says before ushering me to jump over the patio wall. "I'll just be a minute. Take a seat." he says. I sit on the floor because there's no furniture. The room is full of teenagers. Five or six of them. They're sitting around a table studying physics and music with flash cards. They don't acknowledge my presence. Five minutes later the kid returns from a back room. "Come on, follow me." He says, directing me back outside and to an apartment next door.

A toothless man opens the door for us. Inside is a juggalo meth den. We walk into the back room where a large older woman, probably mid-40s, sits cross-legged on the only chair in the place. Six or seven shirtless men, tattooed and toothless, sit in a semi-circle in front of her. She introduces herself as the one I'm buying weed from. She packs a gigantic bowl in a Legend of Zelda pipe and hands it to me. I take a hit and pass it to the person next to me.

"No." she says. "That's all for you. Smoke it and hang out for a while so we know you're not a cop."

So I sit in silence and smoke it while she talks about whatever to all the people in a circle in front of her. I decide I want to leave after a few minutes. I fake getting a text message and look at my phone. "I would love to stay," I say, "But I have to go to work". A lie. I was unemployed at the time.

"Oh." She says. "Well... good. We like earners. Come back soon!" she says. I walked out of the door, accidentally pocket-dialing 911 as I put my phone back in the pocket. Fleeing the scene of the juggalo meth den, I frantically try to explain to the operator that there's no emergency and I'm sorry, without being overheard.

The weed wasn't very good - the weed I'm smoking now is better. I smoked enough of it that I forget why I was sharing this story.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Oh, right, the point of that story was that there's no better super hero origin story than a teenage houseless juggalo vigilante living in a squatted apartment and selling weed to get by, who stops crime and violence by offering weed to perpetrators and victims alike.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Aug 14, 2021

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

deep dish peat moss posted:

One time I was waiting at a bus stop to go home at 11pm and there were a couple drunk, houseless people at the same bus stop who were arguing about something - yelling, sometimes even swinging at each other but it never escalated to a fight. As I'm waiting there this kid rolls up on a skateboard and stops at the same bus stop and after a few minutes of watching the argument he interjects by saying "Hey! Do you all get high?"

Of course everyone stops arguing right then and there. "Yeah of course we do!" they say.

So this kid whips out a pipe and a baggie and packs a bowl and he passes it around - the houseless folk smoke first and it makes its way to me and I take a hit and it makes its way back to the kid. A few minutes later the bus shows up. Everyone gets on, the kid comes to the back and sits near me. "Easiest way to break up a fight" he says to me. I laugh and he asks if I need to buy some weed.

"As a matter of fact, I do need to buy some weed." I say. So he gives me his phone number. I text him the next day and he tells me to meet him at the circle K at the same bus stop and he'll pick me up. "Cool." I say. I ride the bus out there. 10 mins later he shows up on a skateboard and says we have to walk - well, I have to walk, he gets to skate. It's a 2 mile walk in the brutal desert heat, but I follow. Along the way he tells me that he's a Jugglo and asks if I know what that is. I pretend I don't. "We're just a bunch of kids who live together because we have nowhere else to go." he says. "Come on, my place is over here."

He directs me off the sidewalk and toward an apartment complex, we weave behind these brutalist post-modern desert pod apartments until we reach his. "The front door doesn't work, we have to go through the patio." he says before ushering me to jump over the patio wall. "I'll just be a minute. Take a seat." he says. I sit on the floor because there's no furniture. The room is full of teenagers. Five or six of them. They're sitting around a table studying physics and music with flash cards. They don't acknowledge my presence. Five minutes later the kid returns from a back room. "Come on, follow me." He says, directing me back outside and to an apartment next door.

A toothless man opens the door for us. Inside is a juggalo meth den. We walk into the back room where a large older woman, probably mid-40s, sits cross-legged on the only chair in the place. Six or seven shirtless men, tattooed and toothless, sit in a semi-circle in front of her. She introduces herself as the one I'm buying weed from. She packs a gigantic bowl in a Legend of Zelda pipe and hands it to me. I take a hit and pass it to the person next to me.

"No." she says. "That's all for you. Smoke it and hang out for a while so we know you're not a cop."

So I sit in silence and smoke it while she talks about whatever to all the people in a circle in front of her. I decide I want to leave after a few minutes. I fake getting a text message and look at my phone. "I would love to stay," I say, "But I have to go to work". A lie. I was unemployed at the time.

"Oh." She says. "Well... good. We like earners. Come back soon!" she says. I walked out of the door, accidentally pocket-dialing 911 as I put my phone back in the pocket. Fleeing the scene of the juggalo meth den, I frantically try to explain to the operator that there's no emergency and I'm sorry, without being overheard.

The weed wasn't very good - the weed I'm smoking now is better. I smoked enough of it that I forget why I was sharing this story.

The point is you should never follow a hippie to a second location.

cardedagain
Aug 28, 2006

i got heavy consuming their music and checking their website and phone line between 1997 and 1999 or so. i decided to go see them perform in 2000, in New Orleans. i never bought any shirts or wore any face paint though. i was a fan of their silly music, but wasn't outwardly pushing that interest onto others.

the concert was okay. lots of faygo kicked into the balconies.

i mostly was a closet case juggalo.
Twiztid's first album was pretty decent, too.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Dignity Van Houten posted:

Everyone ITT who's suddenly done a 180 because juggalos "just want to have fun" and "aren't collectively as lovely as white supremacists" would last about one day at a gathering getting sprayed with sticky soda and toilets overflowing with feces and people blasting airhorns all night shouting "gently caress your sleep WHOOP WHOOP" before you changed your attitude right back to "man gently caress these goddamn juggalos"

Nah I've got heaps of friends who are like this. And don't think just because I think juggalos look like a lot of fun to party with I don't think they're hilarious. I guess what you're noticing is just the tonal shift of the forums.

Also gently caress you bitch for suggesting if I need to sleep at a gathering of juggalos I won't be far past being concerned about an airhorn. Woop woop!

Lobotomy Bob
Jun 13, 2003

One time I was riding a bus from Chicago to Kansas City, I was on a bus because all the train tracks in the area were flooded and I didn't want to wait for them to clear. There was a feller in the seat behind me and we started chatting. It comes up that I'm from Michigan and he gets excited and flashes me his 12 pack of Moon Mist and tells me he is on his way home to Texas after attending The Gathering, I take one and thank him as the bus pulls into a station in bfe Illinois. I have to piss so I hop off and he follows me to ask if I wanna get stoned, few things sound better to a dirty traveling hippie on an overnight bus trip. After we finish and get back on the bus he hands me a blunt. We parted ways in Kansas City. I smoked that blunt under a tree in a park next to Union Station while I watched the sun rise.

I couldn't have asked for a kinder and more generous stranger turned travel partner for that particular 500 mile leg of a cross country ride. That's my juggalo in the wild story.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Ngl, one of the things that keeps me coming back to SA is that we stopped making fun of furries and juggalos; not because there's nothing to make fun of but because it's passe and we actually grew up a little bit.

I worked with a reddit poisoned idiot and he was convinced that ityol 2020, making fun of furries was still edgy. :chloe:

Lmfao your coworker needs to actually talk to some of us. Furries are some of the nicest, most wholesome people out there. Particularly ones who have been in the fandom for a longass time. We're just a bit.. strange, I'll admit.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

So ICP usually (always?) plays a show in Detroit on Halloween. We were out at a nice cocktail bar/restaurant and a group of jugalos came in in full makeup and regalia. They were all upset that they didnt have miller lite, complaining about prices, and were causing sort of a loud stir. Diners and drinkers got annoyed and someone was like "Yo! How do magnets work?!".

The whole group got all huffy and left, shaking their heads at being mistreated yet again. There was a bit of snickering in the restaurant and the juggs went across the street to another bar and smoked and mugged out everyone in the bar for like 20 minutes. They were all easily in their 40s.

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Poohs Packin posted:

So ICP usually (always?) plays a show in Detroit on Halloween. We were out at a nice cocktail bar/restaurant and a group of jugalos came in in full makeup and regalia. They were all upset that they didnt have miller lite, complaining about prices, and were causing sort of a loud stir. Diners and drinkers got annoyed and someone was like "Yo! How do magnets work?!".

The whole group got all huffy and left, shaking their heads at being mistreated yet again. There was a bit of snickering in the restaurant and the juggs went across the street to another bar and smoked and mugged out everyone in the bar for like 20 minutes. They were all easily in their 40s.

As far as i have heard in this minute this is extremely common

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

AEMINAL posted:

Lmfao your coworker needs to actually talk to some of us. Furries are some of the nicest, most wholesome people out there. Particularly ones who have been in the fandom for a longass time. We're just a bit.. strange, I'll admit.

Probably just abandoning reddit would be the main thing. Also I'm going to hazard and guess and suggest your idea of wholesome and many other people's is wildly different.

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Furries I have worked with have been generally weird, over sharing and gross people. And especially at any event that had alocohol

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

Robin Williams posted:

Furries I have worked with have been generally weird, over sharing and gross people. And especially at any event that had alocohol

Yeah it's definitely a subculture that attracts some seriously strange people. But overall it's a very welcoming and accepting fandom, especially LGBTQ-wise.
I feel on you with the over-sharing thing. It's pretty common for furries to be sad, lonely people - and when they get the chance to socialize they can sometimes get overtly excited and overshare weird-rear end poo poo. Doesn't help that a lot are on the spectrum either, lol.

Also, big shout-out to all the bronies who took our throne as "#1 weirdos" :)

People barely give a gently caress if you're a furry these days, and it's great.

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

AEMINAL posted:

Yeah it's definitely a subculture that attracts some seriously strange people. But overall it's a very welcoming and accepting fandom, especially LGBTQ-wise.
I feel on you with the over-sharing thing. It's pretty common for furries to be sad, lonely people - and when they get the chance to socialize they can sometimes get overtly excited and overshare weird-rear end poo poo. Doesn't help that a lot are on the spectrum either, lol.

Also, big shout-out to all the bronies who took our throne as "#1 weirdos" :)

People barely give a gently caress if you're a furry these days, and it's great.

No, people care. And its usually negative and has nothing to do with the dress-ups

Its a person they have to work with 37+ hours a week

Robin Williams fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Aug 14, 2021

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Yeah, I worked with a furry once. They got fired for that poo poo.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

super sweet best pal posted:

Hell yeah! punch down, fellow landlord

Seriously though if you KNOW someone is a furry at work because they won't shut the gently caress about about it, they've got some issues. Hello fellow employees, how about that cock and ball torture and vore am I right? Most people can keep their weird poo poo on the DL

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

super sweet best pal posted:

To me, its not necessarily a problem that they're a furry. The problem is that I never ever ever ever ever want to know what my coworkers do on their own time, especially not sexually. Its none of my business, dont make it my business.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
To be sure all social circles have their bad apples, but with furries it's like the bad apples are worse.

btw didn't all the bronies die out by now?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

To be sure all social circles have their bad apples, but with furries it's like the bad apples are the social circles.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
juggalos rule. i wish i could become the joker :(

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

The Bloop posted:

Hell yeah! punch down, fellow landlord

Seriously though if you KNOW someone is a furry at work because they won't shut the gently caress about about it, they've got some issues. Hello fellow employees, how about that cock and ball torture and vore am I right? Most people can keep their weird poo poo on the DL

And its not our job to help them outside of helping them work with a team

We have social events where they can also be annoying

at some point being a crutch makes all job descriptions pointless

Robin Williams fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Aug 14, 2021

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Juggalos are cool.
I knew a couple in high school. They were also into back yard wrestling.
I can now easily see where the two interests intersect.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

deep dish peat moss posted:

You might have gotten high and misremembering the oracle scene from the matrix

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

norstein bekkler's dark carnival

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Video Nasty posted:

Juggalos are cool.

yure images are from various years not 2021

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Video Nasty posted:

Juggalos are cool.

My understanding was that while there are backyard wrestlers and backyard wrestling fans who are not juggalos, that all juggalos are backyard wrestling fans.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

The funniest thing about the "how do magnets even work" thing, to me, at least, is everyone who wanted a quick laugh was suddenly was a genius who had a deep and intimate understanding of the inexplicable, fundamental forces of nature, and could totally explain this phenomenon using quantum mechanical relationships of both matter and energy. Yea sure, dude, I can do a quick wikipedia search too. I don't think we need to gatekeep the pondering of existence to dimwitted 18/19th century nobility whose primary goal was attaching their names to various ideas for clout.

cardedagain
Aug 28, 2006

not sure if this is known, but ICP started off doing the graphic design for their auburn covers and logos by themselves.

i always wondered if they took the hatchet man idea from the Milli Vanilli logo.

rappers like to take from pop culture anyhow.

nobody ever talks about where "N.W.A" got their initialism from, but at the same time in the late 80s, NWA was a famous wrestling circuit, which even had national TV syndication at the time.

https://uproxx.com/prowrestling/nwa-world-championship-wrestling-best-and-worst-of-january-18-1986/

so, that's why i think this. oh, also apparently they jacked a moby 12" cover for their "Terror Wheel" EP

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Nap Ghost

cardedagain posted:

not sure if this is known, but ICP started off doing the graphic design for their auburn covers and logos by themselves.

i always wondered if they took the hatchet man idea from the Milli Vanilli logo.

rappers like to take from pop culture anyhow.

nobody ever talks about where "N.W.A" got their initialism from, but at the same time in the late 80s, NWA was a famous wrestling circuit, which even had national TV syndication at the time.

https://uproxx.com/prowrestling/nwa-world-championship-wrestling-best-and-worst-of-january-18-1986/

so, that's why i think this. oh, also apparently they jacked a moby 12" cover for their "Terror Wheel" EP

this is by far the best post I have ever seen in a Juggalo thread.

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe
I went to the gathering in 2005 with strangers from the internet. I can tell stories if anyone cares.

I've always enjoyed Twiztid way more than ICP and I don't know why they're not beasties or whatever anymore because I dislike everything after bang pow boom. Can someone enlighten me?

Also imo Twiztid gets better with every new album. They all have their own unique sound and rhythm and I really enjoy that.

I'm a gay juggalo ask me your gay juggalo questions

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Nap Ghost

deadeyez posted:

I went to the gathering in 2005 with strangers from the internet. I can tell stories if anyone cares.

I've always enjoyed Twiztid way more than ICP and I don't know why they're not beasties or whatever anymore because I dislike everything after bang pow boom. Can someone enlighten me?

Also imo Twiztid gets better with every new album. They all have their own unique sound and rhythm and I really enjoy that.

I went to a show at the Electric Factory in, I think 1998. Brought home an empty cardboard box and bottle of Faygo

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

deadeyez posted:

what's the juggaylo scene like. is there one

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

also yeah man tell us about 2005 :cool:

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING
Yes stories please

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

deadeyez posted:

what brands of makeup do u use for the clown facepaint. just whatever's cheapest or are there like juggalo approved brands

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

deadeyez posted:

How much drugs did you do

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

sugar free jazz posted:

what brands of makeup do u use for the clown facepaint. just whatever's cheapest or are there like juggalo approved brands

the white is made from distilled and refined sugar from faygo soda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

sugar free jazz posted:

Look at this person that never noticed the Juggalo aisle at Ulta.