Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
4 pages and still no mention of neden. For shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Planet X posted:

Yes stories please

this

also, do I need a permit for chicken huntin'?

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

oh yeah important reminder that this exists
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40tGu7AzpRQ
retelling of Wizard of Oz but with Psychopathic taking over each role

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cyril Sneer posted:

4 pages and still no mention of neden. For shame.

Goes without saying, really

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Violent J’s book goes into the deep mysterious origins of “neden” but more importantly it has a chapter where he does battle with a forest demon

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Violent J’s book goes into the deep mysterious origins of “neden” but more importantly it has a chapter where he does battle with a forest demon

ok. now I'm interested

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
How are all these acts that split from ICP doing? I know nothing about Twiztid but from sales figures it looks like every album post split has sold less and less.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I liked most of that one Zug Island album

Of course that was probably 20 years ago lol

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Tato posted:

How are all these acts that split from ICP doing? I know nothing about Twiztid but from sales figures it looks like every album post split has sold less and less.

MNE (Twiztid's label) seems to be doing fine. Psychopathic has pretty much no one officially on it any more, I think Ouija Macc and maybe Big Hoodoo still have contracts?.

I found it really funny that Twiztid got an official Hot Topic merch collaboration deal though, after years of HT no longer allowing the sale of "gang paraphernalia".

The Gathering not being cancelled again this year is kind of a bad look. I got into it with a bunch of idiots on the juggalo subreddit that when they couldn't come up with any more BS to spew (straight Fox News garbage) I got death threats instead. Makes me wonder how under water the label is that it's still going to go forward.

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe

sliami posted:

what's the juggaylo scene like. is there one

There isn't one and lots of gays get real pissed off at me because I don't fit in with them. The only other gay juggalo I've ever met was some guy on a leash at this year's pride who screamed woop woop at me and I had to explain to my roommate he wasn't hitting on me he was just saying hello. My roommate was understandably confused.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

deadeyez posted:

I went to the gathering in 2005 with strangers from the internet. I can tell stories if anyone cares.

I've always enjoyed Twiztid way more than ICP and I don't know why they're not beasties or whatever anymore because I dislike everything after bang pow boom. Can someone enlighten me?

Also imo Twiztid gets better with every new album. They all have their own unique sound and rhythm and I really enjoy that.

I'm a gay juggalo ask me your gay juggalo questions

Why aren't icp using Mike Clark for beats any more? Do they not realize the only good poo poo they ever did was with Mike Clark or something

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe

sugar free jazz posted:

what brands of makeup do u use for the clown facepaint. just whatever's cheapest or are there like juggalo approved brands

The cheaper the brand the worse it is to be honest. There is one brand I like because it says on well without getting itchy or crusty,but I prefer making my friend use makeup pens becauseit looks more professional. I'm not some lower tier juggalo I have class and need to be clown-pretty. Also, pens don't usually leave big disgusting smears of poo poo all over my furniture if I pass out drunk somewhere.

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe

Archer666 posted:

How much drugs did you do

I wanna say it was day three, I asked some crackhead for something to drink because I was desperate for water. I had been sleeping on the beach using a rock as a pillow. He provided a big rear end cup of a faygo unknown to me at the time,called Rock N Rye. I had no idea what it was supposedto taste like. Turns out it does not normally taste like 151 and ecstacy. I got super hosed up,and some lady took it upon herself to babysit me because apparently I was convinced I could "save the world" with glowsticks.

My first morning I woke up there, I stumbled across a bunch of people in a circle in the road. They were high as hell at 6 am, and referred to themselves as The Circle Of Life.Anyone walking by was offered free puffs or water. Some lady asked me to hold on to her pot for a few minutes. After six hours of waiting,holding a bag of Marijuana larger than my head,it was decided that we had waited long enough. We acquired a megaphone and someone obnoxious,and sent them on a quest to aquire blunt wraps.It took about forty people six more hours to empty that bag.I never did find that lady. I assume she died in the forest.

I spent a day babysitting some guy. I met him when he was receiving a bj in the middle of the street. He did not know her.We shared some cigarettesas this lady just goes at it,then slurps up and wandered away. He looks at me and said "she gave me ketamine, I'm not sure I should have done that." He spent most of the day in a tree. I made sure to keep gettinghim water because all I knew was "horse drugs are probably bad".

I spent quite a bit of time with "Crackhead Tony". We both lost our people and decided to stay together for the duration. Not for gay poo poo but to be safe. He kept a very very small baggie of coke in his wallet. Sometimeshe would take it out and look at it. He insisted he was saving it for something special.

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

Why aren't icp using Mike Clark for beats any more? Do they not realize the only good poo poo they ever did was with Mike Clark or something

I have no idea, I haven'tfollowed the scene in years since like, dj clay showed up. I know they got him back for a while, suddenly a lot of their poo poo sucked.When they re-released the wraith and hells pit with Mike e Clark beats I was like,wow gently caress this try hard trash.Haven't really followed their stuff since, but I still love all the older things. I recently looked up some Mike e Clark stuff on Spotify and it was boring garbage with random samples of unrelated songs spliced in to a version of a song with a sped up voice track and slightly different lyrics. I did not care for it.

I will continue to say that Twiztid gets better and better,though. Heartbroken and Homicidal is an amazing album and I know several people that hate clown poo poo and still like that cd.

Please excuse the multipost and errors. I'm typing this while playing with a friend's toddler and my dog and my phone hates me, I didn't want it to refresh my page and delete everything.

deadeyez fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Aug 15, 2021

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly the only icp albums I ever liked were riddle box and milenko. That's only two good albums out of like thirty.

Also the forgotten freshness double CD was really good. When is that poo poo coming out on vinyl? They advertised it like two years ago

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Why are they having a gathering in 2021? Isn't it irresponsible to have an event like this, especially when people aren't required to be vaccinated?

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Mike Clark went away to work for Kid Rock for years (and I don't remember all the details on why he won't go back to ICP). Now they have a bunch a different people do beats, most are fine; Kuma, Seven, Deveraux(also does most of the beats for Ouija) all do good stuff.

quote:

I've always enjoyed Twiztid way more than ICP and I don't know why they're not beasties or whatever anymore because I dislike everything after bang pow boom. Can someone enlighten me?

Basically J wanted full control of their creative output, from what I understand. Psychopathic then flubbed all promotion for I think it was Abominationz, with the reasoning "they don't need help with promoting releases" and they were pretty much done.

Couple years later they went and made their own label and took Blaze with them, later Boondox went over, and then the nail in the coffin was Otis/Young Wicked from AMB (he was dating J's niece behind his back when he said not to and got her pregnant, some real Jerry Springer stuff).

Twiztid would refuse to play any Gatherings unless they were given a master for an album, and once they got them all it was pretty much "go gently caress yourself, J"

You can also watch this long rear end interview if you want

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdFPFrd72Ds

Honestly the only icp albums I ever liked were riddle box and milenko. That's only two good albums out of like thirty.

Also the forgotten freshness double CD was really good. When is that poo poo coming out on vinyl? They advertised it like two years ago

Classic Psychopathic move really if you've been around, they will announce something and it is either heavily delayed or never loving comes out. The pre-second deck stuff is still the best.

sugar free jazz posted:

what brands of makeup do u use for the clown facepaint. just whatever's cheapest or are there like juggalo approved brands

Ben Nye is a good brand, or Mehron.

Nirvikalpa posted:

Why are they having a gathering in 2021? Isn't it irresponsible to have an event like this, especially when people aren't required to be vaccinated?

Label has gone in the shitter since Alex Abbiss left and it's a mismanaged nightmare.

KingShiro fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Aug 15, 2021

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

KingShiro posted:

Classic Psychopathic move really if you've been around, they will announce something and it is either heavily delayed or never loving comes out.

lol I remember the jumpsteady album "The Chaos Theory" being promoted inside of the Riddle Box liner notes. I think it came out like literally 25 years later?

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Yeah it didn't come out til 2002, I think the Riddle Box booklet also had the Purple Gang or whatever in it and that came out like 10 years ago.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I do have a p dece icp vinyl collection

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
It's so hard (and expensive) to find a Riddle Box vinyl (Shangri-la too). Want a Beverly Kills (they need to reprint it). Did you manage to get a copy of Milenko and AJB that have both discs? That was a major problem when those were released (heard the pressing wasn't great though so haven't bothered hunting either down)

e: Will also throw in the link to the audiobook version of Behind The Paint if anyone wants to listen to that too (or if you use Audible it's on there)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLv8WxtnB_vutKsy_TEM0fQBaR8MLlxpV

KingShiro fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Aug 15, 2021

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

KingShiro posted:

It's so hard (and expensive) to find a Riddle Box vinyl (Shangri-la too). Want a Beverly Kills (they need to reprint it). Did you manage to get a copy of Milenko and AJB that have both discs? That was a major problem when those were released (heard the pressing wasn't great though so haven't bothered hunting either down)

e: Will also throw in the link to the audiobook version of Behind The Paint if anyone wants to listen to that too (or if you use Audible it's on there)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLv8WxtnB_vutKsy_TEM0fQBaR8MLlxpV

the Beverly Kills vinyl isn't great because it's a picture disk and the sound quality always suffers on those.

both Milenko and AJB have 2 LPs each. I did remember reading about some gently caress ups with the pressing so I made sure to listen to both of them and luckily both of mine are good. the sound quality seems really good to me.

the Riddle Box vinyl goes for like $300 these days lol

I bought all this poo poo when it came out

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe
KingShiro, thanks for the succinct history lesson. I appreciate it.

The Jumpsteady album Master of the Flying Guillotine is also very high up on my favorite albums of all time. I asked him at a concert why he didn't perform Dungeon Master and he said he didn't think any juggalos liked Dungeons and Dragons.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
It’s nice (and weird) to just knowledge dump about it.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

deadeyez posted:

I wanna say it was day three, I asked some crackhead for something to drink because I was desperate for water. I had been sleeping on the beach using a rock as a pillow. He provided a big rear end cup of a faygo unknown to me at the time,called Rock N Rye. I had no idea what it was supposedto taste like. Turns out it does not normally taste like 151 and ecstacy. I got super hosed up,and some lady took it upon herself to babysit me because apparently I was convinced I could "save the world" with glowsticks.

My first morning I woke up there, I stumbled across a bunch of people in a circle in the road. They were high as hell at 6 am, and referred to themselves as The Circle Of Life.Anyone walking by was offered free puffs or water. Some lady asked me to hold on to her pot for a few minutes. After six hours of waiting,holding a bag of Marijuana larger than my head,it was decided that we had waited long enough. We acquired a megaphone and someone obnoxious,and sent them on a quest to aquire blunt wraps.It took about forty people six more hours to empty that bag.I never did find that lady. I assume she died in the forest.

I spent a day babysitting some guy. I met him when he was receiving a bj in the middle of the street. He did not know her.We shared some cigarettesas this lady just goes at it,then slurps up and wandered away. He looks at me and said "she gave me ketamine, I'm not sure I should have done that." He spent most of the day in a tree. I made sure to keep gettinghim water because all I knew was "horse drugs are probably bad".

I spent quite a bit of time with "Crackhead Tony". We both lost our people and decided to stay together for the duration. Not for gay poo poo but to be safe. He kept a very very small baggie of coke in his wallet. Sometimeshe would take it out and look at it. He insisted he was saving it for something special.

lmao this rules and so do you

loving these stories

cardedagain
Aug 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/murderxbryan/status/1428565192573599744?s=19

https://twitter.com/murderxbryan/status/1428510586602762245?s=19
https://twitter.com/murderxbryan/status/1428525269179043843?s=19

my favorite ICP related poo poo was riddle box, ringmaster, terror wheel, bev kills, tunnel of love, milenko, psychopathic rydas, the "outer space" comp, ff v1 & 2.
also mostasteless OG version, Esham "Closed Casket" and "The Fear" soundtrack.
i never got around to listening to bizaar bazaar, i bought OG Dark Lotus when it dropped and around that time i started losing interest heavily.

cardedagain fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Aug 20, 2021

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Where’s the hot juggalo women ?

cardedagain
Aug 28, 2006

hah, i found some footage on snapmap.

i just noticed there's no covid info or restrictions on their website.

https://twitter.com/murderxbryan/status/1428536456813981698?s=19

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
a kid once sent me a ICP song over aim where they say boogie woogie a lot

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

a kid once sent me a ICP song over aim where they say boogie woogie a lot

ICP albums are a lot like the X-Files, there are monster of the week songs and mytharc songs that go to the overall story. That song was about the Boogie Man

ICP is silly, crass horror comedy and it was weird to me even 20 years ago that SA was so against it, it's just something lowtax et al decided to hate, I guess, because it really fits this place perfectly otherwise (granting it's got a lot of homophobic poo poo in older songs but so did SA at the time)

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

quote:

This rules

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

danny brown update: he dislikes hummus

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

sugar free jazz posted:

danny brown update: he dislikes hummus

What. The. gently caress?!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

deep dish peat moss posted:

One time I was waiting at a bus stop to go home at 11pm and there were a couple drunk, houseless people at the same bus stop who were arguing about something - yelling, sometimes even swinging at each other but it never escalated to a fight. As I'm waiting there this kid rolls up on a skateboard and stops at the same bus stop and after a few minutes of watching the argument he interjects by saying "Hey! Do you all get high?"

Of course everyone stops arguing right then and there. "Yeah of course we do!" they say.

So this kid whips out a pipe and a baggie and packs a bowl and he passes it around - the houseless folk smoke first and it makes its way to me and I take a hit and it makes its way back to the kid. A few minutes later the bus shows up. Everyone gets on, the kid comes to the back and sits near me. "Easiest way to break up a fight" he says to me. I laugh and he asks if I need to buy some weed.

"As a matter of fact, I do need to buy some weed." I say. So he gives me his phone number. I text him the next day and he tells me to meet him at the circle K at the same bus stop and he'll pick me up. "Cool." I say. I ride the bus out there. 10 mins later he shows up on a skateboard and says we have to walk - well, I have to walk, he gets to skate. It's a 2 mile walk in the brutal desert heat, but I follow. Along the way he tells me that he's a Jugglo and asks if I know what that is. I pretend I don't. "We're just a bunch of kids who live together because we have nowhere else to go." he says. "Come on, my place is over here."

He directs me off the sidewalk and toward an apartment complex, we weave behind these brutalist post-modern desert pod apartments until we reach his. "The front door doesn't work, we have to go through the patio." he says before ushering me to jump over the patio wall. "I'll just be a minute. Take a seat." he says. I sit on the floor because there's no furniture. The room is full of teenagers. Five or six of them. They're sitting around a table studying physics and music with flash cards. They don't acknowledge my presence. Five minutes later the kid returns from a back room. "Come on, follow me." He says, directing me back outside and to an apartment next door.

A toothless man opens the door for us. Inside is a juggalo meth den. We walk into the back room where a large older woman, probably mid-40s, sits cross-legged on the only chair in the place. Six or seven shirtless men, tattooed and toothless, sit in a semi-circle in front of her. She introduces herself as the one I'm buying weed from. She packs a gigantic bowl in a Legend of Zelda pipe and hands it to me. I take a hit and pass it to the person next to me.

"No." she says. "That's all for you. Smoke it and hang out for a while so we know you're not a cop."

So I sit in silence and smoke it while she talks about whatever to all the people in a circle in front of her. I decide I want to leave after a few minutes. I fake getting a text message and look at my phone. "I would love to stay," I say, "But I have to go to work". A lie. I was unemployed at the time.

"Oh." She says. "Well... good. We like earners. Come back soon!" she says. I walked out of the door, accidentally pocket-dialing 911 as I put my phone back in the pocket. Fleeing the scene of the juggalo meth den, I frantically try to explain to the operator that there's no emergency and I'm sorry, without being overheard.

The weed wasn't very good - the weed I'm smoking now is better. I smoked enough of it that I forget why I was sharing this story.

If you wrote this as a GBS thread OP back in 2006 you would be banned in 5 minutes

cardedagain
Aug 28, 2006

https://m.imgur.com/a/o4XR37H

video.

http://imgur.com/a/FIUm5gb DJ Paul falls over.

http://imgur.com/a/cid7kL8 vanilla ice brings his own ninja turtle dancers with him

cardedagain fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Aug 20, 2021

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Scotty D from FaygoLuvers bought Violent J's Dark Lotus mask for $4100.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

cardedagain posted:

https://m.imgur.com/a/o4XR37H

video.

http://imgur.com/a/FIUm5gb DJ Paul falls over.

http://imgur.com/a/cid7kL8 vanilla ice brings his own ninja turtle dancers with him

Is that the same DJ paul from three 6 mafia?

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Yeah. Man, now it sucks we won’t get another Killjoy Club album.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
I know hardly a quarter of the names you guys are dropping. but i had the great milenko, and it kicked rear end.

under the moon, would kind of get me all enraged. Cause I had issues and was a teenager.

I'd go to the Gathering, at least once, given the chance.

I had a couple other albums, but that song always stuck with me, for whatever reason

e- poo poo, that was in 1997. 24 years. ... i think i need a moment. lol

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Aug 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

deep dish peat moss posted:

Spotify sent me this as a push notification on my phone once so if you're in the lower 98% do not dare talk to me about danny brown

I got that for DaBaby last year and it was really confusing because I barely listen to him and I thought he was popular