Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Pennywise the Frown posted:

General Bullshit › Gathering of the Juggalos 2021: he ate her pepper sprayed rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I stand by it.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Poor Danny. He absolutely vibes off the crowd, look at how he feeds off the energy in this tiny-rear end Boiler Room setup. Shout out to the guy telling the DJ to reload that poo poo too, just adds another level to it all. Carnage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkD79aaM_sU

A For Effort
Apr 29, 2017

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kzKuPHA3mA

lol

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

juggalos are an interesting bunch. i just kind of thought if you leave them alone, they'll leave you alone. a buddy of mine said he thought of the gathering like haight-ashbury but i don't know how i feel about that.

my only real juggalo encounter was with the friend of a younger family member several years back. i'm probably 15 years older than him. he knew me but we didn't often bump into each other. he showed up at my carport door one day in full paint and juggalo clothes just sobbing. coming to the carport door was really weird because i don't think he knew my office was there but maybe he saw me through the window. i'm still not sure why he came to my house.

i opened the door and let him in and the first thing he said was "i'm sorry man, they just don't understand me. can i hang for a while?". as a teenager i had an affinity for black metal and corpse paint so i thought maybe i knew where he was coming from. i made a pizza and he went on about a fight he had with his parents. i convinced him to go back home and everything turned out ok. he's a fire fighter now and super well put together. i suspect he's still down with the clown, however.

anyway, thanks for attending my TEDwoop woop talk.

EDIT - it just occurred to me that i don't know any of their music. what's a good starting point for the uninitiated?

knuthgrush fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Sep 7, 2021

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe
More badly edited gathering stories from my phone browser

The people I went with I met the night before on a juggalo forum. Guy 1 is in jail for murder. Guy two disappeared and was not in the car on the way back. Lady one brought a baby to a concert a year later and his name was Homie. Lady two is probably a serial killer. She was the driver. She had a portion of a dead crow and a leg hanging from her rearview mirror. At one point on the way she insisted on playing a cd filled entirely with Haku a matata on repeat, as she was "trying to learn it and I'm the driver so its my radio".

The fat one's brother paid for stragglers who had no way home and got plane tickets and busses.

Lady one did shrooms at the hotel before we arrived, and started screaming about sewer clowns in a gas station run by cops in bumfuck nowhere Ohio. At that hotel, the top floor was no man's land and all rooms were communal. Mattress fights were fun!

A band of midgets named Mini Kiss were extremely good at blocking projectiles. They were midgets performing KISS. I had a drunken plan to kidnap one and keep it as a pet, but my babysitter kept me in check.

I got so sunburnt my family wanted me to go to the hospital but I didn't because I couldn't feel the pain anymore.

Hot dogs were seven bucks. A cup of ice was 3.50.

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe

knuthgrush posted:

juggalos are an interesting bunch. i just kind of thought if you leave them alone, they'll leave you alone. a buddy of mine said he thought of the gathering like haight-ashbury but i don't know how i feel about that.

my only real juggalo encounter was with the friend of a younger family member several years back. i'm probably 15 years older than him. he knew me but we didn't often bump into each other. he showed up at my carport door one day in full paint and juggalo clothes just sobbing. coming to the carport door was really weird because i don't think he knew my office was there but maybe he saw me through the window. i'm still not sure why he came to my house.

i opened the door and let him in and the first thing he said was "i'm sorry man, they just don't understand me. can i hang for a while?". as a teenager i had an affinity for black metal and corpse paint so i thought maybe i knew where he was coming from. i made a pizza and he went on about a fight he had with his parents. i convinced him to go back home and everything turned out ok. he's a fire fighter now and super well put together. i suspect he's still down with the clown, however.

anyway, thanks for attending my TEDwoop woop talk.

EDIT - it just occurred to me that i don't know any of their music. what's a good starting point for the uninitiated?

Well do you want dumb silly poo poo or serious poo poo or scary? They have a few different flavors. Try Tunnel of Love, then Hell's Pit, then Bang Pow Boom for a wide variety of sounds.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

knuthgrush posted:

Opinions will obviously differ, but here's my take:

You'll get the best of the "mythology" and the best tunes with the middle stuff. Riddle Box, Great Milenko, and Ringmaster are the real classics

If you like them at all listen to the Wraith after to get their most polished take and to get the shocking twist (!) at the end

They regret it now but you're going to hear a few F slurs and also some misogyny so be aware of that

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

deadeyez posted:

Well do you want dumb silly poo poo or serious poo poo or scary? They have a few different flavors. Try Tunnel of Love, then Hell's Pit, then Bang Pow Boom for a wide variety of sounds.

The Bloop posted:

You'll get the best of the "mythology" and the best tunes with the middle stuff. Riddle Box, Great Milenko, and Ringmaster are the real classics

If you like them at all listen to the Wraith after to get their most polished take and to get the shocking twist (!) at the end

They regret it now but you're going to hear a few F slurs and also some misogyny so be aware of that

thanks, folks! i'll give 'em a listen and see what i think.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

lol in the full video of the entire podcast ep, shaggy 2 dope gets introduced to the show with a countdown in hebrew and the entire first segment of him being on the show is just his mind being loving blown that jewish people have their entire own language (his words), then they show a video of him breaking his arm by falling off a slide while yelling "parkour!". this is peak culture

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Sep 7, 2021

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

The Bloop posted:

Throw in the sideshow EPs too (Beverly Kills 50187, Terror Wheel, and Tunnel of Love)

Their new stuff is pretty bad for the most part, can't really recommend anything that came out in the last like 15 years.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
It's been like twenty years but Forgotten Freshness 1 & 2 is easily my favorite album of theirs.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I had milenko in high school. All bangers

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Several of the singles that came with the comics are also pretty great

Them Folks and 50 bucks, for example

Edit: wrong title, it's called RU Wicked

https://youtu.be/bij7D1w_W2Y

The Bloop fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Sep 9, 2021

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Neurotypical Clown Posse

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Insane Clown Pussy

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Crazy Clussy

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Neurotic Neden

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I listened to ICP through one guy in high school. It was the Riddlebox etc era. I don't now poo poo about ICP but it was fun at the time because we were 15 and smoking a bunch of weed and listening to them. Then I listened to them sober and was not a fan.

Although I do like one song from them. A single song. Fifty Bucks? it might be called. The lyrics are just terrible but I like the music. Or I did. The lyrics are just gross and something a kid would say. But I don't know I haven't listened to it in 15 years.

edit: I also remember listening to them when we were getting high during a sleepover, we watched U-571, and I remember him waking me up the next day just in time to see the 2nd plane hit the tower.

edit 2: he's a full blown chud now. Never would have imagined. Unfortunate.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Sep 9, 2021

lt_kennedy
Sep 2, 2007
Needs Moar Race

Poohs Packin posted:

Dayton Family is an old Flint, Michigan rap group known for their hit song: "Bitch, I'm Fuckin Your Momma".

Sounds like dudes rock thanks for the info - I'm from Australia so closest I can think of close to GoJ is Mardi Grass at Nimbin or the Bush Doofs of old.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

It's been like twenty years but Forgotten Freshness 1 & 2 is easily my favorite album of theirs.

It’s the best one for FF releases hands down.

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

kntfkr posted:

Neurodiverse Clown Posse

kntfkr posted:

Insane Clown Pussy

perhaps this exists as a fan ensemble?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I already call people who watch royal weddings insane crown posse

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe

deep dish peat moss posted:

I already call people who watch royal weddings insane crown posse

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

lafff

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

lt_kennedy posted:

Sounds like dudes rock thanks for the info - I'm from Australia so closest I can think of close to GoJ is Mardi Grass at Nimbin or the Bush Doofs of old.

Im from Detroit and live in Australia and have only seen 1 or 2 juggalos in the wild. Even the Hardstyle events ive bartended here are pretty tame.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

This is my favourite ICP performance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QiJ6TwilUQ

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ah good old homophobia.mp3

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Did the ICP ever have any comment on those creepy clown sightings from a few years back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Riddlebox and FF 1&2 have some of the most core songs made my ICP

Totally my go too albums but Hell's Pit holds a HUGE spot in my heart as it was released when i was in 9th grade so had mega gently caress YOU WORLD energy

RU Wicked is a stupid good song. They don't make them like that anymore :(