Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Tato posted:

How are all these acts that split from ICP doing? I know nothing about Twiztid but from sales figures it looks like every album post split has sold less and less.

MNE (Twiztid's label) seems to be doing fine. Psychopathic has pretty much no one officially on it any more, I think Ouija Macc and maybe Big Hoodoo still have contracts?.

I found it really funny that Twiztid got an official Hot Topic merch collaboration deal though, after years of HT no longer allowing the sale of "gang paraphernalia".

The Gathering not being cancelled again this year is kind of a bad look. I got into it with a bunch of idiots on the juggalo subreddit that when they couldn't come up with any more BS to spew (straight Fox News garbage) I got death threats instead. Makes me wonder how under water the label is that it's still going to go forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

Why aren't icp using Mike Clark for beats any more? Do they not realize the only good poo poo they ever did was with Mike Clark or something

Mike Clark went away to work for Kid Rock for years (and I don't remember all the details on why he won't go back to ICP). Now they have a bunch a different people do beats, most are fine; Kuma, Seven, Deveraux(also does most of the beats for Ouija) all do good stuff.

quote:

I've always enjoyed Twiztid way more than ICP and I don't know why they're not beasties or whatever anymore because I dislike everything after bang pow boom. Can someone enlighten me?

Basically J wanted full control of their creative output, from what I understand. Psychopathic then flubbed all promotion for I think it was Abominationz, with the reasoning "they don't need help with promoting releases" and they were pretty much done.

Couple years later they went and made their own label and took Blaze with them, later Boondox went over, and then the nail in the coffin was Otis/Young Wicked from AMB (he was dating J's niece behind his back when he said not to and got her pregnant, some real Jerry Springer stuff).

Twiztid would refuse to play any Gatherings unless they were given a master for an album, and once they got them all it was pretty much "go gently caress yourself, J"

You can also watch this long rear end interview if you want

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdFPFrd72Ds

Honestly the only icp albums I ever liked were riddle box and milenko. That's only two good albums out of like thirty.

Also the forgotten freshness double CD was really good. When is that poo poo coming out on vinyl? They advertised it like two years ago

Classic Psychopathic move really if you've been around, they will announce something and it is either heavily delayed or never loving comes out. The pre-second deck stuff is still the best.

sugar free jazz posted:

what brands of makeup do u use for the clown facepaint. just whatever's cheapest or are there like juggalo approved brands

Ben Nye is a good brand, or Mehron.

Nirvikalpa posted:

Why are they having a gathering in 2021? Isn't it irresponsible to have an event like this, especially when people aren't required to be vaccinated?

Label has gone in the shitter since Alex Abbiss left and it's a mismanaged nightmare.

KingShiro fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Aug 15, 2021

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Yeah it didn't come out til 2002, I think the Riddle Box booklet also had the Purple Gang or whatever in it and that came out like 10 years ago.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
It's so hard (and expensive) to find a Riddle Box vinyl (Shangri-la too). Want a Beverly Kills (they need to reprint it). Did you manage to get a copy of Milenko and AJB that have both discs? That was a major problem when those were released (heard the pressing wasn't great though so haven't bothered hunting either down)

e: Will also throw in the link to the audiobook version of Behind The Paint if anyone wants to listen to that too (or if you use Audible it's on there)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLv8WxtnB_vutKsy_TEM0fQBaR8MLlxpV

KingShiro fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Aug 15, 2021

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
It’s nice (and weird) to just knowledge dump about it.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Scotty D from FaygoLuvers bought Violent J's Dark Lotus mask for $4100.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Yeah. Man, now it sucks we won’t get another Killjoy Club album.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

quote:

ICP seminar update 2021

Violent J has AFIB badly. 2022 they will do a “farewell tour” world tour & then they won’t tour anymore. 2022 will be the Gathering of Dreams. ICP said they will continue to have Juggalo Day, Hallowicked & monthly events.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1F8y4G-fws

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

The Bloop posted:

Opinions will obviously differ, but here's my take:

You'll get the best of the "mythology" and the best tunes with the middle stuff. Riddle Box, Great Milenko, and Ringmaster are the real classics

If you like them at all listen to the Wraith after to get their most polished take and to get the shocking twist (!) at the end

They regret it now but you're going to hear a few F slurs and also some misogyny so be aware of that

Throw in the sideshow EPs too (Beverly Kills 50187, Terror Wheel, and Tunnel of Love)

Their new stuff is pretty bad for the most part, can't really recommend anything that came out in the last like 15 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

It's been like twenty years but Forgotten Freshness 1 & 2 is easily my favorite album of theirs.

It’s the best one for FF releases hands down.