Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akm7ik-H_7U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Can the cars in Cars get pregnant and if not where so they come from

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Xaris posted:

cars are good and helps marginalized bipoc elderly, dementia patients, and disabled people get around safely. not everyone can figure out a bus timeschedule and its pretty ableist to hate cars

syq from NUMTOTS

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Cars rule but are energy intensive. The solution is obvious - no one should be allowed to have one except me.

Thanks for reading my post!

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Leroy Diplowski posted:

It's a strange symptom of the American disease that living in a car is such a commonplace experience. We have Walmart parking lots instead of favelas. Invisible slums that leak oil full of people that can be conveniently ignored. Our acceptance of this misery is an indictment and the sentence is yet to be served.

What's the story with Walmart? I'm a New Zealander, but I was also homeless in Canada for a short while where I made use of this. My understanding is, it's in their company policy to allow people to sleep in their cars on their property?

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

Relin posted:

cars are good. i dont want to make multiple grocery trips a week or carry everything in the heat/public transit, and all the good restaurants are several cities over where i live. yes high speed rail could help that but it'd still be a schlep, my friend in dc had to walk an hour to the bus to go to the train station every day

i'd like it if dead mall parking lots were dug up for green space though

bikes suck and being sweaty wherever you go is gross

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9O94UTDAJQ

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I got banned for shitposting in numtots (by saying joe Biden is bad)

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

numtots more like lib...tots

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

cars are all bad

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
Cars are bad but train cars are very good. In conclusion cars are a land of contrasts

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

Junkozeyne posted:

Cars are bad but train cars are very good. In conclusion cars are a land of contrasts

the only electric cars i like are the ones on the subway and intercity rail imho

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPl0YOliqCE

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Leroy Diplowski posted:

drat look at this sad sack of poo poo who lives several cities from a good restaurant. Dead mall parking lots and dead cities and dead people who were taken in the prime of life by a moment of distraction are all a direct result of car culture and car culture is a direct result of Americans and their "I want to never be inconvenienced and gently caress the long term impacts and all other people."

Don't say you'd like more green spaces. You got what you want. gently caress you.

:hmmyes:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qynoyDMjqsI

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
while i'm okay with the idea of driving, i like the idea of riding on a train high af on my way to work a hell of a lot more.

edit: also, some of the best bluegrass songs ever made were about trains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCBdiutb-50

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the best car is a 1989 geo metro. it has a 3 cylinder engine, and is roughly the size of a small dog. does it go fast? no

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Best car is a Porsche Boxster/Cayman 981. It's safe, small, practical, and efficient. A real people's car for those without a (decadent) family.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Dolphin posted:

the best car is a 1989 geo metro. it has a 3 cylinder engine, and is roughly the size of a small dog. does it go fast? no

i want a convertible metro so bad

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IĂÂĂŒÂĂŒÂ° ĂÂ“ĂŒÂ¯ĂŒÂ–ĂŒÂ«ĂŒÂ¹ĂŒÂ¯ĂŒÂ¤A҉mĂÂĂŒÂºĂŒÂ© ĂÂ‡ĂŒÂ¬AĂŒÂ¡ĂŒÂ®ĂŒÂĂŒÂ ĂÂĂÂ‰ĂŒÂ±ĂŒÂ« KĂŒÂ¶eĂ“gĂÂ.ĂŒÂ•ĂŒÂ»ĂŒÂ±ĂŒÂªĂÂ–ĂŒÂ¹ĂŒÂŸ
Cars can help drunk people get where they are going if they get kicked off the bus for making a ruckus

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

Dolphin posted:

I believe the new Chevy Trailblazer also has a 3 cylinder.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Sphyre posted:

hmm looks like a dumb piece of poo poo that sucks rear end

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Chevy Colorado has five cylinders.

Because sure, gently caress it, why not

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Dolphin posted:

This is a great article. Herrmann's a real one.

This Guy’s Been Living In A Three-Cylinder Geo Metro For 150,000 Miles

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Brrrmph posted:

Take the light rail Dale!! Nooo

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Smythe posted:

lol I knew a guy that chopped and lowered an old chevette. it was exactly as stupid as you're thinking

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
I think they are starting to change it but in LA rail lines has no priority at street lights, so you literally have lumbering 3-4 car trains starting and stopping every few blocks.

Also, Boxsters as with all sports cars need to be automatic. There is no other way to drive them.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
*restarting street fighter singleplayer mode after the smash the car stage, just so I can smahs more cars*

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

i like bikes i like these videos of people riding bikes in cities

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbCzWRnKCaI

I feel this dude's life expectancy is pretty low

edit: video description says it's just a simulation? wtf

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

actionjackson posted:

I feel this dude's life expectancy is pretty low

edit: video description says it's just a simulation? wtf

Yeah that's Minecraft with some mods

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

drat apocalypse loving sucks

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Smythe posted:

Same

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

there was a cool article a few years ago in vice specifically about the electric humvee but also about the growing size of cars in general, the impact of it and the marketing behind it. they talked to some weird frnehc marketing guy going on about how people buy them because theyre scared of the world, of criminals, of people literally thinking theyre small dicked losers. i dont see it ever changingm, outside of some kind of world shattering singularity. im paste a bunch of it

https://www.vice.com/en/article/m7q7eb/electric-or-not-big-suvs-are-inherently-selfish

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ImpureChillyCusimanse-mobile.mp4

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Beaten by ze germans

e: ^^^^^^ I have no memory of that post. Halp

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Smythe posted:

how many mpg that get?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Tanks are a type of car so really we can't tell if cars are good or bad

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

lobster shirt posted:

here is a great essay about why cars are bad and why we gotta get rid of em: http://unevenearth.org/2018/08/the-social-ideology-of-the-motorcar/

what are the driverless electric taxis mentioned a couple times here? streetcars on wires?

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

Relin posted:

cars are good. i dont want to make multiple grocery trips a week or carry everything in the heat/public transit, and all the good restaurants are several cities over where i live. yes high speed rail could help that but it'd still be a schlep, my friend in dc had to walk an hour to the bus to go to the train station every day

i'd like it if dead mall parking lots were dug up for green space though

bikes suck and being sweaty wherever you go is gross

homer-alcohol-lifes-problems.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

also in the twin cities like a previous poster, on the minneapolis / st paul border, but my parents are in a suburb that borders st paul

10 minutes by car

80 MINUTES and THREE BUSES by public transit. also you have to walk 1.5 miles in between

this is the light rail map, green and blue is current, rest is planned by 2030. I'm right by the center prospect park station on the green line, and they are in Roseville. If you need to go to the suburbs (god help you) you are hosed without a car. and they are in the closest one.

Also I have a 70 pound dog I need to transport

I drive so little I got one of those pay by the mile insurance plans. like 2000 miles/year.

Only registered members can see post attachments!