Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

you'll never make it out alive

Pillbug
It makes sense that after a whole generation drove suvs to avoid being seen in minivans we had to stick a 2 foot bed on them so the next generation could avoid being seen in suvs

crush them all imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

Pillbug
if you go to the burgerville on hawthorne in spandex they'll give you a burger just to get you out of the drive thru

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

Pillbug

Mayor Dave posted:

Ride the bus, there are a bunch of routes down Hawthorne, burgerville is like a 5 minute walk from the streetcar stop too

burgerville is strictly for gorging on the way home after a long ride, it wasn't a hypothetical

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

Pillbug

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I found out this morning that I've been driving around for about four months with an expired inspection sticker. Rules are fake.

I noticed mine about 8 months in and rode out the year being very careful not to let cops get a good view of my plates. Then when I went to renew the next year they made me pay for the one I skipped anyway.

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

Pillbug
someone mentioned acura and i remembered being pissed they stopped making the integra right when i had enough money to think about a newish car

then i saw they brought it back and was fuckin pumped until i saw it looks the same as every other kia hyundai ford halfway-crossover with postage stamp windows and i'm furious again. I've probably seen 100 and not known it.

if we have to have these horrible things and they can't look cool let's literally just have 3 models that say car or truck or van on the side in ITC Lubalin Graph

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

Pillbug

actionjackson posted:

the guy who used to have an accord and bought a porsche carrera S (which is like 120k new) has a "bmw m3 performance" in his driveway lol

my brother bought one of these last year and while I still say death to cars, holy poo poo if you can get it on a track. it literally goes 100 to 150 faster than mine does 0 to 60. It's terrifying to drive and I can't believe we let people do it on public roads

e: someone backed into it in a parking lot like a week after he bought it and I'm fairly sure it was only his procrastination in getting a FL drivers license (which he needed to get his carry permit) that saved the man's life :patriot:

go for a stroll has issued a correction as of 05:47 on Jun 4, 2023

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

Pillbug

good thing Real Men are standing by to provide important context

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

Pillbug

go for a stroll has issued a correction as of 13:06 on Jun 12, 2023

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

Pillbug
remember that in addition to lax enforcement normalized during a period of low volume, many of the drivers themselves have accumulated severe brain damage in the meantime

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

Pillbug

HashtagGirlboss posted:

quote:

For 57 minutes he eluded officers, speeding, running red lights, and riding on sidewalks, through parks, and on the Springwater Trail path in Gresham,” PPB said.

this is like a 25 mile ped/bike trail, I did a lot of weekday round trip training rides there when I was a "competitive" cyclist. if I got pasted by a sportbike there I would hope to live long enough for one final lol, lmao

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

Pillbug
i'll give you my gen3 camry when you pry it from my dead gay hands

go for a stroll has issued a correction as of 20:29 on Jul 18, 2023

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

Pillbug

Twerk from Home posted:

This is the car hate thread, you appear to be looking for the Camry love thread

i don't drive it, i just rub it with a diaper

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

Pillbug
what is the thread stance on drunk biking?

i assume most people have had one experience where they thought they were good to drive a few hours after a drink or two, then half a mile down the road realized they were wrong. everything about it feels awful.

drunk biking on quiet roads is like the complete opposite in my experience, it feels loving great. i bike to bars mostly for the fun of biking home after. i'm talking buzzed here; too drunk to drive but just fine for 15 mph.

imo common sense serves you well - don't endanger pedestrians or ride in a way that makes drivers even worse. i just wonder how many people take the same zero tolerance policy they would in a car

e: also a big fan of open carry biking, but never together obviously

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

Pillbug

spacemang_spliff posted:

on one hand you probably shouldn't' do it because you might fall or something on the other hand who fuckin cares it's a bike not a car

this is more or less my rationale

Ham Equity posted:

... getting yourself hit or severely hurting yourself in front of someone else can be pretty traumatizing, which is lovely.

But it isn't anywhere close to drunk driving, not by several orders of magnitude. It's a kind of lovely thing to do.

oddly enough this is the main concession i make here, i don't do this with my wife or close friends who would maybe never be able to shake it

Grassy Knowles posted:

hitting another biker because you are unpredictable can be awful, can knock other cyclists into cards, cyclists hitting pedestrians can be deadly

i think you should just go for a stroll when drunk

this is almost exclusively on quiet residential streets, but everyone thinks they're smarter than average so i won't keep deflecting. thanks for the criticism. i could stand to walk more, my tibialis anterior doesn't do poo poo on the bike and starts complaining after like a mile on foot

go for a stroll has issued a correction as of 19:42 on Jul 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

Pillbug

spacemang_spliff posted:

i always wanted to ride on those big 4 wheeled bikes that have 6 people pedaling while drinking from a keg

we had those where i used to live but they had to be run as "tours" where the person steering and braking wasn't part of the group. they shut them down either because the booze was too accessible to the sober one or because the people pedaling were deemed operators of the vehicle as well. i think they carved out a loophole and brought them back after i left, which is great because they are fun as hell