Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
My wife's got about 4000 hours in Sims 4 lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Synthetik.

Baba is u

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I used to play FF8 every year, but haven't done so since I moved overseas 6 years ago. I have it on steam now so there's no excuse anymore.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Also, I will never stop playing Map Games.

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
i still play crazy taxi once in a while and i have the first section of the city memorized, but once i take that stupid old lady from the baseball stadium to the section on the other side of the freeway i still get completely lost.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I used to play FF8 every year, but haven't done so since I moved overseas 6 years ago. I have it on steam now so there's no excuse anymore.

almost 20 years after first playing it and the shame of taking like a week to find the white seed ship still haunts me.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Morrowind. Replaywd it again thks year and love and appreciate it even more. Hell I'm so morrowind posioned I don't even need mods anymore. Just love failing at eating bread sincerely

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If there was a thread about games that you thought you’d never like but you love them then Morrowind is it for me which I only played more than five minutes of about a year ago.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

my brother and i played that enough that i can probably tell you what you draw from most of the monsters at all three different tiers, lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

my brother and i played that enough that i can probably tell you what you draw from most of the monsters at all three different tiers, lol

I'm not that hard core, but I heavily abuse the card game to get what I need anyway

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

i want to 100% binding of isaac but it i fuckin suck at the peepee poopoo game

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I'm not that hard core, but I heavily abuse the card game to get what I need anyway

a few tonberry cards plus stat-atk-j handles a lot of heavy lifting

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

every month or two like clockwork I just get the deep urge to play monster hunter again no matter what else I been doing. Helps that's there's basically an endless amount of goals to chase if you want, whenever I get in the mood I can boot up any number of different gens and try out new weapons. I even bought 3U for Wii U recently since I've practically 100%ed GU and Rise and want to try out earlier games I missed out on.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i’ve been hearing about that franchise for years and years but haven’t touched it. What’s a good entry point for a noob such as myself?

e: had to double check real quick to make sure you didn’t say “monster rancher”

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

President Beep posted:

i’ve been hearing about that franchise for years and years but haven’t touched it. What’s a good entry point for a noob such as myself?

As a noob I fell in love with Rise but World is supposed to be a good introduction too

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

As a noob I fell in love with Rise but World is supposed to be a good introduction too

Hmm, the former might be good since i have a switch. TYVM.

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

as someone who started with world i think rise is a way better game in general as well as better to start with

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rise has really fluid movement, a great monster roster for a base game release and really cool maps. its a nice starter since its also still the 1st release of the entry, the way MH games usually work is that they get a G-rank expansion a year or so after release that adds the final tier of difficult and massively balloons the amount of Stuff to do, so if you do wind up liking rise, rise Ultimate will be around next work to blow your drat socks off.

i think GU is still my favorite just bc of the sheer volume of everything you could possible want in a MH game (its like a best of with most monsters and locations from the entire series up to that point included) and it has my favorite movesets still. plus prowler mode is epic. but its also "old" mh so it might be a little daunting to get into as a newbie, but i still love it.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Rise is cool but after playing hundreds of hours of World + Iceborne it feels a bit lighter and more basic. I'm waiting for the PC release and G rank stuff to really commit to it but as a first MH you really can't can't wrong with either.

GU is cool but if you haven't played MH before I think there's a reasonable chance that your brain would just liquefy on contact

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I still try a few runs of Nuclear Throne every now and then. I've gotten to the throne itself twice. I'm so drat bad.

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?
Along the same lines I usually do a run of FTL and Invisible Inc. on a semi regular monthly basis

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

every October I play like one level of the evil within. I really want to get to evil within 2. Maybe this year

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

President Beep posted:

e: had to double check real quick to make sure you didn’t say “monster rancher”

MH: Rise is actually quite easy because of all the movement options. Its a really good game.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Used to be Diablo 2 but I haven't played it in years. I will again though, the itch is real.

I regularly replay Mega Man Battle Network (various numbers), the DS Castlevanias, and the Metroid Prime Collection.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I will never give up on slamming my balls and nut sack in a car door.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Simply Simon posted:

Used to be Diablo 2 but I haven't played it in years. I will again though, the itch is real.

I regularly replay Mega Man Battle Network (various numbers), the DS Castlevanias, and the Metroid Prime Collection.

D2 remaster should be cool

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

sir peepus

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Harold Fjord posted:

I still try a few runs of Nuclear Throne every now and then. I've gotten to the throne itself twice. I'm so drat bad.

Nuclear throne is so sick. theres an unofficial expansion ive been meaning to try for ages

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

In Training posted:

D2 remaster should be cool
I don't know. I read that they're not gonna fix any of the bugs of the original and I think that's fail. Amazons should be able to hit good with their lovely elemental arrows, drat it!

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Witcher 3, I play it through at least once a year usually more. Try to time it such that I reach Skellige right when things start to get really cold out. Hot cocoa, wood fire in the fireplace, riding roach through a snowy forest with that skellige music...

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I found out recently that you can fast travel between ports if you are on a boat in the Witcher 3. I always thought you had to sail between them

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

ive never gotten to the end of ghosts and goblins but i still love playing it and every once in a while i try to beat it

copy
Jul 26, 2007

i'll do a resident evil game run a couple times a year. 4, 2-remake and 7 are my go-to's. 8's in the list now too probably

Shibawanko posted:

ive never gotten to the end of ghosts and goblins but i still love playing it and every once in a while i try to beat it

Got two friends who take turns beating Ghosts and Goblins every time they hang out. they cherish it and that owns

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

copy posted:

Got two friends who take turns beating Ghosts and Goblins every time they hang out. they cherish it and that owns

Wizards and warriors was the superior game to ghosts and goblins. I think I got lucky once and made it almost to the end of ghosts and goblins and could never do it again.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

BigFactory posted:

Wizards and warriors was the superior game to ghosts and goblins.

:staredog::kstare::yikes:

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

BigFactory posted:

I haven’t played it in a long time so maybe I fail the challenge, but Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup is evergreen

I started playing this again. I think I started on version 0.4 or 0.5 right when they started doing tiles

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i will play through rocket knight adventures multiple times a year every year and there's nothing anyone can do to stop me

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

BigFactory posted:

Wizards and warriors was the superior game to ghosts and goblins. I think I got lucky once and made it almost to the end of ghosts and goblins and could never do it again.

W&W was a thousand times more bullshit than GnG, homing enemies spawned out of literally nowhere right on top of you and the only reason anyone ever beat it was infinite continues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i won't ever give up on FTL. every few months i'll install it, get owned badly, and fondly remember how i used to be really good at this game. i like the game when i'm bad at it and good at it.