Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Overalls with no shirt underneath. One suspender unfastened, with a fake-diamond nipple ring on the boob of the unfastened side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Remember that brief period at the end of the 80s and early 90s when everyone was wearing Jamaican colours and listened to reggae for some reason?

I guess what I'm saying is they should bring this back but perhaps without the vaguely racist fake dreadlock attachments.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

teen witch posted:

Thoughts????????

Don't hurt em, Hammer

Peter Daou Zen
Apr 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Remember that brief period at the end of the 80s and early 90s when everyone was wearing Jamaican colours and listened to reggae for some reason?

I guess what I'm saying is they should bring this back but perhaps without the vaguely racist fake dreadlock attachments.

if it’s not vaguely racist then it’s not the 90s, baby !

*friends scene where Monica or whoever has her hair in cornrows*

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
de-stigmatize the "tramp stamp" and put anyone who uses that term in a derogatory way in jail for 10 years with no parole

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Peter Daou Zen posted:

idk seems america has given up on fashion all together

I feel like an old man ranting but I was just in Vegas and nobody “tries” anymore ; even at a fancy restaurant.
Good.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

de-stigmatize the "tramp stamp" and put anyone who uses that term in a derogatory way in jail for 10 years with no parole

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHIsykDiAds

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Elephant Ambush posted:

sorry about your life choices but don't punish society for them

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

sure okay posted:

Overalls with no shirt underneath. One suspender unfastened, with a fake-diamond nipple ring on the boob of the unfastened side.

I actually saw this just yesterday at one of our more expensive grocery stores so I think it’s coming back already

Peter Daou Zen
Apr 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

why do u hate fashion

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

rap music posted:

sorry about your life choices but don't punish society for them

i don't have one of those tattoos and you're going to jail for assuming i have one

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

teen witch posted:

Thoughts????????

Depends, are you currently filming The 10 Commandments?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Peter Daou Zen posted:

why do u hate fashion

Cos it's stupid.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Dear Watson posted:

I actually saw this just yesterday at one of our more expensive grocery stores so I think it’s coming back already

This reminds me of this post Bruce LaBruce made about these weird half shirts

Free the nipple for every occasion

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

teen witch posted:

Thoughts????????

"Many of you are wondering what's wrong with my pants, well they started running short on materials right before they got to the knees so don't give me any poo poo."

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
one of the worst and dumbest things about these forums is whenever anyone complains about the criticism of Thing X everyone immediately jumps to the stupidest possible conclusion that the person complaining must have or do Thing X

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
Seriously? No one is weighing on bell-bottom jeans.

Bell-bottom jeans are our past, should be our present, and will be our future.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
anyway bring back hair fountains

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Elephant Ambush posted:

one of the worst and dumbest things about these forums is whenever anyone complains about the criticism of Thing X everyone immediately jumps to the stupidest possible conclusion that the person complaining must have or do Thing X

I always thought it was when people paint the entire site with the same brush.

GOONS, AMIRITE?

Peter Daou Zen
Apr 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Internetjack posted:

Seriously? No one is weighing on bell-bottom jeans.

Bell-bottom jeans are our past, should be our present, and will be our future.

they are already back

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

anyway bring back hair fountains

Yes please

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Fanny packs (or bum bags for any Brits) need to have a renaissance.

If I'm going to a theme park I would totally use one, easy way to hold all my crap and not worry about losing it on a roller coaster.

Had we continued working on fanny pack tech through the 2000s until today, God only knows what kind of incredible bags we'd have to choose from.

GuestBob
Nov 27, 2005

sure okay posted:

This only exists in that folder on your desktop now, cherish it.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

A Fancy Hat posted:

If I'm going to a theme park I would totally use one, easy way to hold all my crap and not worry about losing it on a roller coaster.

Had we continued working on fanny pack tech through the 2000s until today, God only knows what kind of incredible bags we'd have to choose from.

They’re mad popular here so it’s coming

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

Dude midriff. If i work on my abs, i want it to be acceptable for me to casually show everyone. Also, i wanna see it if you do, too.

(I do not work on my abs)

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

A Fancy Hat posted:

They did. It's called a crossbody satchel (because men feel weird wearing a purse) and they're very good.

https://imgur.com/gallery/Pha8GdJ

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Daisy dukes

E. COME ON BABY AND KICK THEM DAISY’S
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22R5tPvp7aE

Brother Tadger fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Aug 9, 2021

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
I just want dudes to wear pants at the waist or higher again, like 70's style preferably

This is probably just a regional issue but 90% of my town is guys wearing pants either halfway down or completely below the rear end and it's such a baffling choice ?? Like the amount of times I've seen people have to pull them up while running for a bus or something is frankly embarrassing, doubly so if they're wearing them with a belt

This clip from Clueless is just my genuine day to day experience and has been for the past two decades:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xevjs_dtkk8

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Mantles were a stable piece of clothing for millennia. When will it make its return?

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Pope hats. No one can tell who's the real pope if we all wear the hat.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

A Fancy Hat posted:

I literally saw ads for these a couple years ago right before lockdown. They're back except now they're worn like bandoliers across the back like micro backpack purses.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde
e: .

DickParasite fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Aug 9, 2021

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
multiple denim :slick:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Nudity.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

I literally saw ads for these a couple years ago right before lockdown. They're back except now they're worn like bandoliers across the back like micro backpack purses.

Men what is stopping you from dressing like this

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

That's a strong Rob Liefeldian style,.

I did always wonder what happened to that guy who always wore cargo vests in high school.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Trying to link a pic of the modern fanny packs on mobile and failing lol. You can Google them though. They're what you'd expect.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

teen witch posted:

Men what is stopping you from dressing like this

I can't figure out what's in all the leather pouches so I am going to go with my first guess which is PEZ refills.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I had zoom court today from a run in with pigs a year ago so I am currently wearing a Thomas Pink button up shirt with Digimon style oversized shorts from kenzo and I look like a loving idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

kntfkr posted:

I can't figure out what's in all the leather pouches so I am going to go with my first guess which is PEZ refills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzOiEhpw0XE