Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I really don't think I'm ready for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

sharknado slashfic posted:

I really don't think I'm ready for this

it sure is going to be something !

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
Steelers Country, Just a Guy

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/DaKidGowie/status/1767663567912698164?t=49PvqSyKibyOXGupafmkkw&s=19

AFCN brotherhood baby

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

i like the malik harrison and brent urban resignings. they're low key guys that are nice depth and bit players, and harrison has improved a lot from the shaky rookie and sophomore seasons

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Just glad he stayed in the division

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Henry's body is going to finally give out, 3 years later than it probably should have, after signing with Baltimore. I think he knows this and joined the team as one final stab at a rival.

Frankly, you gotta respect it.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i remember where i was when i found out steve mcnair died. i was in times square and i found out from that news scroll thing on that one building.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

chamois posted:

i remember where i was when i found out steve mcnair died. i was in times square and i found out from that news scroll thing on that one building.

I was on I-5 stuck in traffic. I had sizzler after

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I was in the car listening to 105.7 The Fan on Rt. 40. I do not recall where I was going.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

I was in the car listening to 105.7 The Fan on Rt. 40. I do not recall where I was going.

i'm kinda glad i don't get them this far south (i think they start getting cut off on route 5 or once I get south of waldorf) but the downside is I get DC and virginia radio stations instead. washington radio was especially pathetic this morning about how optimistic they are over the commanders

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Borsche69 posted:

i'm kinda glad i don't get them this far south (i think they start getting cut off on route 5 or once I get south of waldorf) but the downside is I get DC and virginia radio stations instead. washington radio was especially pathetic this morning about how optimistic they are over the commanders

I can't listen to it anymore, it's awful. They made Jerry Coleman and Jason Lacanfora on air personalities some years back to go with Vinny Cerrato and Ed Norris. The one thing I appreciated about Cerrato is he when he did ad reads it was with as much scorn as possible.

DC is awful also yeah, I could get them on AM sometimes.

I still get breaking local sports news updates texted to my phone from WNST that I signed up for in 2000. I can't believe Nestor is still churning those out.

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Mar 15, 2024

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

I can't listen to it anymore, it's awful. They made Jerry Coleman and Jason Lacanfora on air personalities some years back to go with Vinny Cerrato and Ed Norris. The one thing I appreciated about Cerrato is he when he did ad reads it was with as much scorn as possible.

DC is awful also yeah, I could get them on AM sometimes.

I still get breaking local sports news updates texted to my phone from WNST that I signed up for in 2000. I can't believe Nestor is still churning those out.

i got a starter jacket from sports illustrated in exchange for signing up for a year subscription of their rag back in college (like 10 bucks or something). apparently that house continued to receive that mag every year long after i left, i had to double check my bank statements to make sure i wasn't on some accidental recurring fee, but nope. i legit think they pretended i was still a subscriber and sending out a magazine without any payment just to boost their numbers lol.

anyway interesting stanley numbers:

https://twitter.com/RavensSalaryCap/status/1768631605461954976

https://x.com/RavensSalaryCap/status/1768641097843032505?s=20

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I would like to know more about the Pittsburgh Steelers

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Pittsburgh?!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

HootTheOwl posted:

How about...no

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Ok.

Swiller of Beer
Jan 2, 2003
Cold Hearted S.O.B.
Soiled Meat

HootTheOwl posted:

Steelers, Pittsburgh: The third professional football team of Ohio. Annually finishes just above .500 and always loses in the wildcard round of the playoffs.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Swiller of Beer posted:

Steelers, Pittsburgh: The third professional football team of Ohio. Annually finishes just above .500 and always loses in the wildcard round of the playoffs.

There are legitimately at least as many Steelers fans in Ohio as there are in Pennsylvania so this checks out.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!

Black Sunshine posted:

There are legitimately at least as many Steelers fans in Ohio as there are in Pennsylvania so this checks out.

The Bengals were so bad for so long and then Browns left it did weird poo poo to fan bases.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Calidus posted:

The Bengals were so bad for so long and then Browns left it did weird poo poo to fan bases.

Steelers draft a bunch of Ohio State talent too. Lots of Ohio State/Steelers fans.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
There's also a bunch of fans who picked them when they were frontrunners and are usually too cowardly to admit this and instead invent incredibly tenuous connections to Pittsburgh.

Basically I'm saying there's a ton of people in the Cleveland and Cincinnati areas who totally root for the Steelers because their step dad's brother lived there for a summer ten years ago and it has nothing to do with the team being a dominant team in the not too distant past.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i root for the steelers because they're my big bro and they're going to kick the other big guy's rear end!

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

gently caress the steelers.

Swiller of Beer
Jan 2, 2003
Cold Hearted S.O.B.
Soiled Meat
I root for the Bengos because I enjoy the feeling of short periods of happiness intertwined with long bouts of depression and sadness.

https://i.imgur.com/yLdVw94.mp4

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

ravens brought back maulet on a 2 year deal. nice depth

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
If you see someone in the greater Cincinnati area parking in a handicap spot without a handicap tag nine times out of 10 they've got Steelers paraphernalia.

That's the only trend I've noticed.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

If you see someone in the greater Cincinnati area parking in a handicap spot without a handicap tag nine times out of 10 they've got Steelers paraphernalia.

That's the only trend I've noticed.
False :flag:

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Eifert Posting posted:

handicap spot without a handicap tag nine times out of 10 they've got Steelers paraphernalia
You contradict yourself

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

gallup is apparently visiting the ravens tomorrow. i dont mind it but i dont feel any one way on it. probably prefer it over michael thomas

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

With Agholor, Bateman, Gallup and Flowers, Lamar is all out of excuses

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

chamois posted:

With Agholor, Bateman, Gallup and Flowers, Lamar is all out of excuses

gallup never ended up signing, now josh reynold is supposedly in the building

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

feels like the ravens are dragging their feet and putting on a show for the fans until they do what they've been planning all along and signing 30+ semi washed vet. that's right: michael thomas

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Borsche69 posted:

feels like the ravens are dragging their feet and putting on a show for the fans until they do what they've been planning all along and signing 30+ semi washed vet. that's right: michael thomas

It's this, yeah

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

might be time to kick the tires on tanden doss

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

A.Q. Shipley

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Julio jones is going to be a raven at some point this season, I guarantee it

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'm still bummed Andre Johnson never made a stop in Baltimore on his retirement tour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Titans and ravens are definitely the premier retirement homes for washed up WRs to get one last year to muster 8 catches for 47 yards in 6 games