Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

It's funny Clowney is always in the news negotiating some free agent contract and he was a number one overall draft pick so you assume he's made a staggering amount of money.

He's made a lot of money, don't get me wrong, I'd take his bank account. Considering he's a number one draft pick at one of the most valuable positions in football who's been around forever and has had a ton of swings at free agency I was expecting it to be a lot higher.

teh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i agree

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Apr 3, 2024

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

TL, I know it probably feels like all of your fellow Bengals posters are ridiculing your Clowney thoughts right now. But I’m not. I understand. I didn’t take the time to think those thoughts and type them up and post them here, but now that you have done all of that, I basically agree.

I wasn’t glad that the Bengals lost that one game though. I was pissed off as hell.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

let's buy the bengals. 75 mil

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kyle Van Noy resigned with the ravens on a two year deal

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Borsche69 posted:

Kyle Van Noy resigned with the ravens on a two year deal

its cool that he has a name that forces you to speak baltimorese

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Borsche69 posted:

its cool that he has a name that forces you to speak baltimorese

https://youtu.be/Dq2XCpo76hE?si=-xHfSf1zbr3LDLWq

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Aaron earned an iron urn

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

koiyle vain noiy! jooooe flaccoooo

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sink deficiency

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
2 year 9 million. That'll probably look bad real quick, but he wanted that and more last year so whatever.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

2 year 9 million. That'll probably look bad real quick, but he wanted that and more last year so whatever.

we're at the stage of Peak Cap that a cap hit has to get above like 9 or 10 mil to look bad to me.

Odovaucer
Oct 23, 2003
Ostrogoth

Borsche69 posted:

we're at the stage of Peak Cap that a cap hit has to get above like 9 or 10 mil to look bad to me.

rosters are so top heavy though that it'll probably still be a top ten salary on the team.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Pontius Pilate posted:

medium parrot energy

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Borsche69 posted:

yea 4.-5 per year seems like the average Ok Guy salary idk why ppl freak out like this is a cap hit from 09

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

BrownThunder posted:

난 케이티라고 하는데 파멸의 펭귄아라고 해도 되지! ㅋㅋVontaze Burfictㅋㅋㅋㅋ 알수있다시피 난 진ㅉJeremy Hill생뚱하거등 ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅎㅋㅎㅋㅎㅋㅎ 그래서 왔지... 나처럼 생뚱한 사람을 만나러!!!!! 난 13살이지만 Adam "Pacman" Jones나랑 가튼 애들보다 철 드Joey Porter!!!!!! 내가 좋아하는 거어어어는..... 흠... 여친이랑 어드벤처 타임 보기! (난 바이야, 싫음 걍 저리가두 조치) Ben Roethlisberger그쇼는 넘넘 생뚱하니까! 우리처럼! 여친도 랜덤하잖아, 근데 더더더 더 많은 ~랜덤~한 사람 만나고 싶어! ㅋㅋㅋ 아.. 그 표현 알어? 사람들이 많을수록 더 재밌어~! ㅋㅋㅋ 쨌뜽~ 친구 만이 마니 사귀려니까 댓글 마니 Chris Boswell 올료주삼!!!!!!!!!!!

사랑과 other subforums

파멸의 펭귄

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

*Owen Wilson voice* wow

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i meant to quote that in the other thread where everyone was quoting something else. it got mixed up due to being from this thread. sorry

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://x.com/OnHerTurf/status/1775979684947230786

I hear they have a guy who can give tips on massage therapy

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

sharknado slashfic posted:

Don't forget the crab buffet.

its too bad Jameis didn't end up in Baltimore

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Jokes aside, that is super cool

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Flikken posted:

he's not big on building bridges

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Flikken posted:

Christ I forgot all about him already

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

The Baltimore Gayvens

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

Woozie66 posted:

Jokes aside, that is super cool

I'm sure it makes up for all the money they gave the Nasty Man

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Oberstwo posted:

The Baltimore Gayvens

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
https://x.com/moment_mirthful/status/1778575436920115288?s=46

For the Ravens fans

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i put that raven in here a long time ago. i'm a great person

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it looks like i didn't put that in here. i really thought i did. you win this time

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

You're not allowed to lie in the afcn thread it's one of the rules

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'm glad the Bengals lost.

I'm glad because I'm not sure I would be able to hold myself to this decision if they had won.

I had an amazing seat for the game, and was perfectly placed to see the hit made on Giovanni Bernard. This is a kid who has been every bit the upstanding citizen, and builds schools in Haiti with his wealth. What I realized when I was asked to watch a player lower his eyes to the grass and drive the crown of his helmet through Gio's head over and over is that the NFL doesn't care at all about these people. I guess I always knew that but it really drove the point home.

The NFL reviewed the play to see whether their idiotic notion of what is and isn't a catch was held to. They reviewed the play to see whether Gio's wrist touched the ground. They reviewed the play to see if he was able to hold on to a bit of leather as he lost consciousness. They forced us to watch Ryan Shazier do exactly what they claim to be trying to prevent over twenty times. I finally came to terms with the fact that the reason the NFL doesn't make a more serious effort to enforce these penalties is because they don't give a drat about Giovanni Bernard. As I watched fans throw cans and bottles at the officials I realized that had more to do with the colors on the uniforms than the fact that that one hit will almost certainly have a major impact on the kid's life. I like the team because I like the players.

Players don't give a poo poo about personal fouls because they're called arbitrarily, and until the NFL makes personal fouls reviewable I am not consuming another second of football. I should stop outright regardless, but I love the game. I will miss chatting with y'all but I can't justify following a sport that has such flagrant disregard for the welfare of its players. I'll see y'all in other subforums.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Lamar collapses In the playoffs like the birdge that collapsed. In baltimore

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I made that joke like 2 weeks ago this is stolen valor

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Like a bridge over troubled water
Incomplete, fourth down

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Who's the containership in this analogy?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

I made that joke like 2 weeks ago this is stolen valor

I'm glad I stole your joke.

I'm glad because I'm not sure I would be able to hold myself to this decision if they had won.

I had an amazing seat for the game, and was perfectly placed to see the hit made on Giovanni Bernard. This is a kid who has been every bit the upstanding citizen, and builds schools in Haiti with his wealth. What I realized when I was asked to watch a player lower his eyes to the grass and drive the crown of his helmet through Gio's head over and over is that the NFL doesn't care at all about these people. I guess I always knew that but it really drove the point home.

The NFL reviewed the play to see whether their idiotic notion of what is and isn't a catch was held to. They reviewed the play to see whether Gio's wrist touched the ground. They reviewed the play to see if he was able to hold on to a bit of leather as he lost consciousness. They forced us to watch Ryan Shazier do exactly what they claim to be trying to prevent over twenty times. I finally came to terms with the fact that the reason the NFL doesn't make a more serious effort to enforce these penalties is because they don't give a drat about Giovanni Bernard. As I watched fans throw cans and bottles at the officials I realized that had more to do with the colors on the uniforms than the fact that that one hit will almost certainly have a major impact on the kid's life. I like the team because I like the players.

Players don't give a poo poo about personal fouls because they're called arbitrarily, and until the NFL makes personal fouls reviewable I am not consuming another second of football. I should stop outright regardless, but I love the game. I will miss chatting with y'all but I can't justify following a sport that has such flagrant disregard for the welfare of its players. I'll see y'all in other subforums.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Nervous posted:

Who's the containership in this analogy?

Todd heap

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I'm glad the Bengals lost.

drat taylor got weird on this album huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

:yikes: