Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

This was a story I didn't know and now wish I didn't know :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
If you can believe it he was just the first ravens that came to mind, I had forgotten about the thing you are referencing. Too much brain space taken up by Amos zeraora

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

the first raven i think of is Jah Reid, but I guess I'm just a little bit different

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

wait, back up here a second

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Taylor Swift's music is an odd Heap (of garbage)

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Ravens tight ends always have good names

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

crockett gillmore

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Dennis Pitta was a good one

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

i thought maxx williams was gonna be so good

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Borsche69 posted:

Same

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
The Ravens 2nd round curse

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lol fuckin hell man

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Borsche69 posted:

on the other hand, who the gently caress thought that Bronson Kaufusi and Kamalei Correa would be good

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Mystic Stylez posted:

on the other hand, who the gently caress thought that Bronson Kaufusi and Kamalei Correa would be good

i did, and i think that's what led to the ravens blowing the afccg. i'm sorry dude

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

They moved Correa out of his natural position right? He never seemed right after that.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Kamalei Correa had that one okay year with the titans where it seemed like vrabel loved him and then they buried him the next season on the depth chart lol

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Mystic Stylez posted:

yeah those were totally out of left field to me. i dont think i knew who the gently caress they were when we drafted them

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
what the hell is this poo poo I’m hearing about Correa

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

you do not want to catch correa-19

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

https://x.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1783186861541753014

i wasn't expecting that at all. i knew they probably weren't gonna pick up his fifth year, but i didn't see bateman accepting an extension. i like the move a lot. i assume its a semi modest deal with some void years stacked on there

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I don't really see why either side would want it. HIs career here has been a disaster and I think both sides would be better served by moving on.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Bateman frustrates me a lot, but I still feel like he can have a breakout season, even if time is running out and he probably won't. I like it if it's cheap

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

a patagonian cavy posted:

what the hell is this poo poo I’m hearing about Correa

It's a dagger pointed at the heart of Japan

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Ugh bengals already missed their window didn't they

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
3 years 15 million for Bateman. It's betting on Bateman taking a big step, but if he does that is a tremendous contract. Repeating from the other thread but Bateman looks the part of a #1 WR. He just has the stats of a #5.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

3 years 15 million for Bateman. It's betting on Bateman taking a big step, but if he does that is a tremendous contract. Repeating from the other thread but Bateman looks the part of a #1 WR. He just has the stats of a #5.

i think i posted this earlier in the thread but given the cap ceiling explosion year over year, im can't really care or be worried about anything under 10mil apy. 5 mil apy for 3 years for bateman feels way more on the steal side, even if it was wholly guaranteed.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

here's a weird factoid: i think he might be the first wide receiver we've drafted that we signed to a second contract that didnt play the majority of their snaps on special teams

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That's definitely not true. The Ravens resigned....

Huh. That's dire.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

5/yr seems like pretty much whatever money now. maybe low end wr3 money. i don't know. i would have offered that if it was my team that i owned. if i pwned the ravens i'd say take this! and toss over that contract

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Huh. That's dire.

I feel like Travis Taylor was resigned but I'm probably wrong.

Edit yeah I was wrong

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Apr 25, 2024

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Lol at this sun headline though

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Huh. That's dire.

even if we remove the 'special teams player' caveat, that leads us to chris moore (resigned to a 1 year contract) and... no one else. chris moore was the first drafted wideout that the ravens signed to a second contract.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Moore was not resigned following that year. Maybe this is it. Breaking this unknown curse if 2nd contract WRs will propel Bateman into being the dude we expected him to be.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

3 years 15 million for Bateman. It's betting on Bateman taking a big step

Lol it really isnt

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Have you looked at the dude's stats? 500 yards and 3 TDs would be a major step up.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Have you looked at the dude's stats? 500 yards and 3 TDs would be a major step up.

And if that's the case why bother? You can get guys for the league minimum to do that.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Kawalimus posted:

And if that's the case why bother? You can get guys for the league minimum to do that.

Bc they cost $5mil APY too

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
This is one of those deals I always think about as being a clear win for both sides, but players overvalue themselves and fail to get. So many dudes want those one year prove it deals instead of securing generational wealth. If it works for you you could earn 4 times more than the moderate contract, but if you get injured, supplanted by a younger player, out in a coaches dog house, anyone of a hundred different things outside of your control you could end up out of the league with maybe not enough money to build your second career.

Basically, if I were a star player I would be grotesquely underpaid because the difference between 10 million dollars and 100 million dollars means basically nothing to me.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

D-LINK posted:

Bc they cost $5mil APY too

Even an undrafted rookie? Cause that's the kind of production that is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'd like to assume they see something they really hope will unlock him but we all know they just don't want to pay actual good receivers. If he was 33 with multiple knee injuries they'd probably have given him the amon ra deal. I've been awake for about 28 hours.