Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Somebody unban the mods so we can get them to make this and "I'm glad the Bengals lost" the forum background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
drat birds can't even win at losing.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Borsche69 posted:

Marlon Brown

He won the snowbowl!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Jim Harbaugh doesn't work for the Ravens.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Ravens beat him all the time and I hate his rear end.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Feeling embarrassed for the basement dwelling Browns.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
They put a lot into their defense this off-season. Ngakoue for instance.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'd say week 1 of a 17 game season is actually just the 4th preseason game, but that can't be right cause the Ravens lost.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
My week one take is the Browns are legit. Ravens and Steelers are pretty bad. Their problems are the ones I expected but at a far worse level.

D-Link was dead right about Villanueva. Not even approaching starting caliber at RT.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Mitchell Schwartz is the only tenable option I can think. Even then that's probably swapping one cooked old tackle for another. We made this call months ago. Now we're stuck with it.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Lost in how bad Villanueva was is a that Ronnie Stanley was also pretty bad. His injury immediately following a signed megadeal is looking more and more like a franchise altering moment.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Cavauro posted:

if the ravens win then that's abad win for them that should have been a loss. basterd

Dammit

He's right.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Eifert Posting posted:

at least the team is relatively healthy.

Hey...shut up.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It's a proud fan base. Also

Cavauro posted:

if the ravens win then that's abad win for them that should have been a loss. basterd

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1441493491859689472?s=19

Plaugens are back baby!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kawalimus posted:

He's good enough to beat us up if almost all our defense is backups.

In 2005 we lost to the Lions when they had Joey Harrington playing.

Before this I had the Lions at about a 60-40 chance of winning now more like 70-30. Only thing keeping us so high is that the offense still has that potential to really become a meat grinder and take over a game.

It's not like all of the defenders will be back ups. Just 3 OLBs, 2 tackles, a MLB, 3 corners and a safety. Stop being so dramatic.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

sweet thursday posted:

Bengals just brought the Steelers sack streak to an end

We need to do a wellness check on D-link.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Everyone be gentle with him. That sack streak was a lone ray of sunshine in these dark days for our resident contractor. Does TFF have a suicide watch protocol?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Always has been.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Scott Mitchell is dead?!?!?!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Is Lamar Jackson a top five passing RB?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I was mad at the time but seeing the still image that's pretty clearly offensive holding.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

It's 100% what they should do. They are already winning games with Chubb and Garrett so why pay some shitass $30m to watch them do it if you can take someone who has a chance of being better eventually.

It'll be $40m and the reason you do it is the alternative is pinning your franchise on the hope that a late 1st round pick will somehow be an immediate starting caliber QB. As a Ravens fan I'm super down with the Browns rolling the dice on Brandon Weeden 2.0.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That's a good point. If Derek Carr can turn into a starting caliber QB who knows how good Baker could one day be.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

sharknado slashfic posted:

It's like our players are constantly trying to find new ways to get hurt

Gotta take the south Florida good with the south Florida bad.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It could have, which definitely strengthens his point.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
All these years I thought Kawalimus liked birds. This makes me question everything. Somebody level with me. Is Joe Flacco elite?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://twitter.com/BatemanMania/status/1444829213383593987?s=20

Very excited to have 2 games against the lowly Pittsburgh Steelers.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That looks indistinguishable from those insane videos on YouTube made by the algorithm.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Lamar can throw?

No Papa

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

AndrewP posted:

University of Maryland Medical System just bought 50,000 copies

Ha

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Let's get congrats going for your AFC North leading Baltimore Ravens!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I don't know. Seems legit.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Three amazing games from the AFC North this week.

Also the Steelers are here I guess.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Gatts posted:

…psssttt…look to the left of the elephant in the background

Look past the elephant? How are we supposed to do that? Elephants are huge! Can't believe a safari was wasted on this guy who doesn't know bunk about elephants.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Butker and Tucker were both UDFAs. Roberto Aguayo was a 2nd round pick. Mason Crosby is one of the he most reliable kickers in the league. So is Rodrigo Blankenship.

Kicking is chaos my friends. Embrace it.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://theathletic.com/2889928/202...ry=ted%20nguyen

Someone finally explained why the Ravens pass catchers are always running routes into one another's spots.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Some Excerpts posted:

Ravens offensive coordinator Greg Roman reinvented his running game with college ideas years ago when he had Colin Kaepernick with the 49ers, which ultimately led to the unique Ravens’ running attack we see today. With the help of his current staff, it looks like they are infusing more college ideas into their passing game. They’re more creative, they’ve opened up the playbook and they’ve given their receivers a ton of freedom with their route running. At times, their spacing can be poor because of the freedom their receivers have, but it’s hard to argue with the results....

One of the reasons the Ravens are able to throw the ball downfield so much is because they see a lot of off coverage. Teams don’t want to play press-man against the Ravens because they want to keep eyes on Jackson in case he keeps the ball on an option play or takes off on a scramble. As a result, the Ravens’ receivers have free releases and can get downfield without being harassed.

Marquise Brown, who also does his fair share of freelancing, looks like a sharper route runner this year and when he’s isolated, he’s embarrassed defenders.

Conclusion posted:

The chart on the left shows Jackson’s completion percentage from different locations on the field this season and the chart on the right shows from 2018-2020. Jackson still lets a pass get away from him here and there and when it does, it can look ugly, but he’s consistently hitting passes all over the field. Defenses can no longer just give him access throws to the outside.

Can the Ravens be more disciplined with their route running and spacing? Yes. I’m sure it’ll be something that the Ravens staff continues to work on, but it’s hard to ignore the numbers they are producing. Brown is taking the top off defenses and the Ravens are featuring Andrews’ ability to freelance and get open. The Ravens’ passing game isn’t a precise West Coast passing attack and their spacing isn’t always ideal, but they’re playing free and loose. Jackson is aware of what defenses are doing and he’s making adjustments on the fly.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Josh Bynes looks 10 years younger. Player of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
And single handedly winning the 2012 Superbowl.