Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

BrownThunder posted:

I'm glad the Bengals lost.

I'm glad because I'm not sure I would be able to hold myself to this decision if they had won.

I had an amazing seat for the game, and was perfectly placed to see the hit made on Giovanni Bernard. This is a kid who has been every bit the upstanding citizen, and builds schools in Haiti with his wealth. What I realized when I was asked to watch a player lower his eyes to the grass and drive the crown of his helmet through Gio's head over and over is that the NFL doesn't care at all about these people. I guess I always knew that but it really drove the point home.

The NFL reviewed the play to see whether their idiotic notion of what is and isn't a catch was held to. They reviewed the play to see whether Gio's wrist touched the ground. They reviewed the play to see if he was able to hold on to a bit of leather as he lost consciousness. They forced us to watch Ryan Shazier do exactly what they claim to be trying to prevent over twenty times. I finally came to terms with the fact that the reason the NFL doesn't make a more serious effort to enforce these penalties is because they don't give a drat about Giovanni Bernard. As I watched fans throw cans and bottles at the officials I realized that had more to do with the colors on the uniforms than the fact that that one hit will almost certainly have a major impact on the kid's life. I like the team because I like the players.

Players don't give a poo poo about personal fouls because they're called arbitrarily, and until the NFL makes personal fouls reviewable I am not consuming another second of football. I should stop outright regardless, but I love the game. I will miss chatting with y'all but I can't justify following a sport that has such flagrant disregard for the welfare of its players. I'll see y'all in other subforums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Mystic Stylez posted:

It is 6:25 A.M. Sunday September 8th 2019. Today is the day I tell my grandchildren where I was, and what I was doing when the unstoppable 100 year long Browns Dynasty started. Sorry Titans.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Mods stay out, thanks

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah I'd much rather lose every playoff game forever and never win a Super Bowl over winning 6 but losing to the Browns in the Wild Card round one time

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

good lord

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kawalimus posted:

Rob burnett martf ztovet and larry webster. The only originak. Browns yo win the superbowj as ravend

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
He is dropping the passes on purpose

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The Browns suck rear end

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6CslpftOe4

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
been birding ALL DAY good god

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kawalimus posted:

Why? Are any of these guys seriously going to help us? Why not get a RT who isn't abysmal?

There aren't any and if one got magically cut there are like 10 teams in front of Ravens waivers who also have horrendous lines

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
A random FA is probably not better than Villanueva. I think years of having excellent line play makes it hard to grasp how many absolutely awful tackles there are in the league still every year because there is no one to replace them.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Bobby Hart is free to sign off the Dolphins PS if you want to see actual exceptionally bad

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I heard Kawalimus is like 7k mmr in Dota 2 but doesn't like to talk about it

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I actually agree that depth doesn't matter that much, it's about having enough starting talent left over after attrition and having a capable staff that can scheme around holes.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
No I'm saying that paying some experienced backup LT $5m per year for 'depth' isn't that different than playing some guy on a rookie deal because you are going to have to scheme around the starter getting hurt anyways so who cares. Cap space should go to paying the best players at the most important positions and not making sure you have an experienced backup RB or whatever.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Borsche69 posted:

Man you got to chill. This forum is supposed to be a chill place where people are excellent to each other. You don't have to be this mad. I can do without the insults.

There are plenty of other threads in this subforum for you if you want to dump out nonsense and not get called out for it. This thread is for REAL football fans ONLY. Step up your game if you want to hang

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Time posted:

Big Ol Marsh Pussy

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
This trolling is weak, my dog would obviously eat Skyline chili if offered. Get real

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Justin Kicker

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kawalimus posted:

Somebody I know got shot and killed while I was looking at those Sora.

Waht the gently caress

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Cavauro posted:

RIP Scott Mitchell

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/TWSN___/status/1444756059852181504

Browns QB is 100% garbage

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think its not a coincidence that his accuracy goes to poo poo when he starts facing teams with real dlines (he is a coward)

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
In 2022? Andy Dalton or Watson probably

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

You absolutely 100% must pay Baker. He's their best QB since 99. Nothing will tank this team faster than going back to the QB carousel and dropping first round picks on lottery ticket QBs. He's not going to be a HoF QB, and that's totally fine. He's not poo poo, and that's all that matters. Yeah, he played horrible Sunday, but I think that's the exception to the rule for him. He's been wildly efficient and has kept bad decisions (and turnovers) to a minimum since halfway through last year.

He is at least a little bit poo poo, which is fine on a rookie contract since you can build a team around him that can carry him. That changes quite a bit once he wants $25+m per year especially when your much more deserving DE starts making $30m per year in 2023.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

DE? Don't you mean Ward? Looks like he's a UFA in 2023. He's going to want a dump truck.
Or unless you're talking about Clowney, which looks like his is kind of up after this year since he has a bunch of BS voidable years on his.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/yearly/cap/

Anyway, I don't think there's anyway Baker signs for anything less than $35-40 with the QB market basically getting reset every new contract. Just look at Dak. He got, what, $40M/year? I'd say that Dak is better than Baker, but QB prices don't ever go down, so I think we should expect to see Baker's contract come in somewhere around Dak's.

https://overthecap.com/player/myles-garrett/5585/

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
My point is you can't give a billion dollars to a mediocre QB because you will turn into the Minnesota Vikings. Maybe if it were stopgap to win a title (lol) but the contract will come the same time a whole bunch of other positions are getting raises so half the cap will be going to like 4 players and the rest of the roster will be garbage.

It's a trap unless he gets better but I don't think he will. He regularly looks like poo poo with amazing offense players around him. If I were the Browns I would take a QB high in the draft next year and let him throw a fit about it his final rookie year and then punt him.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
It's 100% what they should do. They are already winning games with Chubb and Garrett so why pay some shitass $30m to watch them do it if you can take someone who has a chance of being better eventually.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Congrats

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kawalimus posted:

I have pics I will show you all later :)

Funny thing though remember when the Lakers won and you screamed "LAAAAAKERS" at everyone? Well I stole that and went through everyone on my phone screaming "KIRTLAAAAAANDS" with a pic i got :D

lol

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I don't doubt Kawalimus but why is the bird's belly not as yellow as the ones on google images is it just lighting or the camera or is it a female or what

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
¿Por qué Joey Porter está en el campo?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Cavauro posted:

the football admin likes to snipe me with punishments for discussing my terminal disease. but there's nothing you can do to stop the kobe bean gallants

we are praying for you fam

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'm pretty ok with the Bengals losing

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kawalimus posted:

Don't feel too bad the 2000 Ravens also gave up 400 passing to the Jets.

Thank you, people are short sighted these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah Steelers are really going far with Ben at QB lol he is still very talented haha