Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hurts intangibles and running are so good you have to give him time to develop throwing more imho

I mean if you can replace him do so but it’s not the end of the world if you don’t . He made the playoffs already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

ASAPRockySituation posted:

I would do it because it immediately improves our team. If Hurts can get better with it and prove he can make the offense work, great. If not, we hold onto Metcalf as we draft a new guy and give that player something to work with. As to next year, if Hurts can hit Metcalf even twice a game, he’s an amazing decoy. I believe he can block well, too!

DK for one of those 1st rounders (and maybe a 2nd or 3rd) seems like good value for both teams. I wonder if SEA would bite? They're obviously in full rebuild mode so they might like the picks. Hell, throw in Reagor.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Seattle can get a 2nd for him probably but I would give up a 1st for sure

euphronius posted:

Hurts intangibles and running are so good you have to give him time to develop throwing more imho

I mean if you can replace him do so but it’s not the end of the world if you don’t . He made the playoffs already

Howie agrees with you. I don’t think they’ll aim for QB in the draft.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Howie agrees with you. I don’t think they’ll aim for QB in the draft.

I loving hope not but on the other hand "Quarterback Factory". Hurts earned another shot though IMO. If he improves as much in 2022 as he did last year, you got at least a little something.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

euphronius posted:

If he doesn’t take a Josh Allenesque step this season as a passer that’s it. And I’m not hopeful. it will be fun to see all the rookies they get/moved they make in the draft though

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Hurts has had years to learn how to throw and he still can't. He still looks the same from freshman year.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

indigi posted:

If he doesn’t take a Josh Allenesque step this season as a passer that’s it. And I’m not hopeful. it will be fun to see all the rookies they get/moved they make in the draft though

Yeah, that aint gonna happen but a ceiling of, say, something close to a leap into the current iteration of Lamar Jackson isn't entirely impossible. Hurts' game is already a sort of LJ, Junior. Admittedly, reaching that level is definitely a long shot but from all accounts Jalen works hard so I'm not prepared to say what his ceiling is until I see him work with some better weapons at WR. I'm glad the Birds are sitting tight at the position for now though either way. I like having the 3 draft picks, Minshew is a good backup, they have a shot at filling out the roster now in a deep draft and they also play in a weak division.

If he just matches his growth from last year, at a minimum you have some decent trade bait and/or a solid starter.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

i believe in hurts

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I want him to succeed not only for the obvious reason of it benefiting my favorite team but also because he seems like a good dude who puts in the work.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

i believe in hurts

I believe in Carson Wentz!

:shepicide:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

beep by grandpa posted:

i believe in hurts

I don't but I'm fine with spending this year to build a young core. If Hurts isn't the guy you have players in place for whoever you draft next year. If he is your QB of the futurr, great, he's got a team surrounding him.

I think we've seen about what his cieling is though.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Quiet Feet posted:

I don't but I'm fine with spending this year to build a young core. If Hurts isn't the guy you have players in place for whoever you draft next year. If he is your QB of the futurr, great, he's got a team surrounding him.

I think we've seen about what his cieling is though.

Agreed with the whole sentiment but I’d like to add that from what little I know, I like him as a man.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I like him as a man.

This is mostly why I root for him lol

Just a class act all around and is just plain cool. Would be nice to see a guy like that represent this team, region and also be a successful QB!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Too many numbers https://twitter.com/eagles/status/1511071248314519553?s=21&t=WFyXktmAPMaXnd3-HsIrhw

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah we all knew they weren’t doing 3 1sts in one year

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Welp there goes the Giants fleecing a team

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
Always made sense if they could find a taker. Thanks New Orleans!

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I don't understand that trade at all

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

it makes some sense if you think NO will be dogshit this year but two 1s for a 1/4 a future 1 and a future 2 does seem kinda weird

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

indigi posted:

it makes some sense if you think NO will be dogshit this year but two 1s for a 1/4 a future 1 and a future 2 does seem kinda weird

:what:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

the main part of the deal is two 2022 first round picks for a 2022 first and fourth (comp third?), 2023 first, and a 2024 second

it’s not a bad trade but it doesn’t seem like great value unless they’re assuming the first next year will be top 8

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

BiggerBoat posted:

Philly is trying to line up their draft picks with the lucky numbers they got on their fortune cookie from Golden City takeout I guess.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I like having other teams firsts Becuase you can get a high draft pick while not having to tank

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

indigi posted:

Not really. At least not to me.

With 3 first rounders and picking where they were, why not just wait, see how the board shakes out and make a move on draft day? Midway through the first round will be when teams who want to make a move might be inclined to do so and, hell, you could probably still swing a similar trade with NO if you wanted to. Makes more sense to me to see who's still on the board, what other teams want and just hold those cards until it's time to play them.

No?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

This year is supposed to suck for drafting a quarterback so they’re stocking up for next year to have capital in order to move up. They’ll give the Hurts experiment one more year, then go all in at the draft.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

18 for 19 is basically a push, so the Eagles traded 16 for a future 1 and 2 which seems like a good deal

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

This year is supposed to suck for drafting a quarterback so they’re stocking up for next year to have capital in order to move up. They’ll give the Hurts experiment one more year, then go all in at the draft.

yeah but an additional first isn’t really “stocking up” for a team that’s ostensibly competing for the division this season. we’ll see I guess, this is the part Howie is very good at so I’m sure he has a plan

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
https://twitter.com/joebanner13/status/1511077635295784970?s=21&t=-HtJfYT5QzjqD4sf34nFrw

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hmm. I don’t know it it’s “they don’t believe in him at all”

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yeah I think they believe in him about half

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
They believe in him exactly as much as he should be believed in right now, which is "We'll give him this year to prove himself and show he can lead this team for years to come, and if that doesn't work out, we'll draft his replacement."

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dwayne Haskins, former first round pick of the Commanders, is dead.

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/5088876/dwayne-haskins-dead-steelers-nfl-today/

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Jesus loving Christ

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dan Snyder ordered that pick against the wishes of everyone else. He was a local kid to the DC area and went to the same school as Dan’s kids I think.

https://twitter.com/steelers/status/1512816701485821960?s=20&t=2ZP_WOCXM81phGbNHKMSMg

https://twitter.com/Commanders/status/1512819376050909190

https://twitter.com/Commanders/status/1512820768404557829

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I don’t think Snyder cares

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I think an owner drafting a local kid for any reason is fine and good.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
gently caress Dan Snyder

Also gently caress the Cowboys

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

fartknocker posted:

gently caress Dan Snyder

Also gently caress the Cowboys

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Dang I forgot about this thread

Adbot