Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

There's a picture you jack off to

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I would never masturbate to a picture of myself

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

the Chad that one guy vs the virgin whoever the other guy is

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Hurts looks like the Iron Man suit that Smith would climb into.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Quiet Feet posted:

Hurts looks like the Iron Man suit that Smith would climb into.

Loling, before my probe hits

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Quiet Feet posted:

It's nice that Devonta Smith gave that gangly teenager his jersey. :)

I'm rooting for him but my heart tells me we drafted another Desean Jackson, maximum, who is electrifying when healthy but not healthy nearly often enough. Hopefully, he at least has the professional instincts not to spike the football before crossing the goal line or run 20 yards backwards on kick returns but looking at guys his size over decades of NFL players, it's hard to be optimistic.

In other words, I'm an Eagles fan.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

BiggerBoat posted:

I'm rooting for him but my heart tells me we drafted another Desean Jackson, maximum, who is electrifying when healthy but not healthy nearly often enough. Hopefully, he at least has the professional instincts not to spike the football before crossing the goal line or run 20 yards backwards on kick returns but looking at guys his size over decades of NFL players, it's hard to be optimistic.

That's kinda where I'm at. If you believe his measurements the dude is 2 inches taller but 5 pounds lighter than DJax. He looks like he'll blow away in a breeze.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Djax played tons of games. Strange comparison

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Yeah DJax was plenty healthy for the Eagles the first time around. maybe not worth a high first but if we get 2008-2014 DJax where he missed like one game per season that’s far from a lemon

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Djax was def worth a high 1st

He was phenomenal

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

indigi posted:

Yeah DJax was plenty healthy for the Eagles the first time around. maybe not worth a high first but if we get 2008-2014 DJax where he missed like one game per season that’s far from a lemon

Truth. And the Birds do need play makers at the position who can stretch the field. Or even catch for that matter.

So maybe they just beat him to death for 3 years and cut bait or, best case, move him around, line him up all over the place and use his obvious talent to surprise opposing defenses, resulting in some electrifying plays and opening some poo poo up.

I don't know. It's kind of fun for now but my gut tells me that a guy that weighs as much as ME is gonna have a rough one.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Antonio brown is tiny and did fine

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

If we have another djax then we have a #1 WR

Anyone writing off Smith before watching him play a down in the NFL is fool

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

euphronius posted:

Antonio brown is tiny and did fine

that’s some real bleeding edge of the bell curve poo poo though

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Hurts not starting tonight.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

My local cable shows the eagles game on two channels but when you click on them it’s Big Bang Theory and Cardinals Cowboys

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

Me: What year is it?

Cosmos: Yes

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
I think Smith is going to be really bad, and was very happy the Giants didn't draft him. Then we basically drafted the same player, instead of desperately needed OL.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

The NFC East.

It's bad!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
The NFC East is the most entertaining division in the NFL.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
https://twitter.com/ochocinco/status/1428531916748345348?s=20

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow
Um. Singleton looked good, I guess?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Good morning! Time to check the local reaction to last night-

https://twitter.com/WIPMorningShow/status/1428698952027807749?s=19

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Why the gently caress not. Flacco Foles all time postseason MVP QB room

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Eagles definitely need to cut Flacco and get ANYBODY else. He's been shot for a few years and I don't even think is a serviceable backup in the NFL

I'd seriously see what the Jags would take for Minshew or maybe what it would take to get Marriotta.

Foles is better than Flacco right now IMO but that's not saying much.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I don’t think they should spend draft capital on stopgap players when they have a gaping hole at QB1. at best Minshew gets them to what, 7-8 wins? while Flacco/Foles could probably manage 4 or 5. I say start Hurts every game no matter what just so we’re sure he can’t do it but if not then let me watch Delaware Joe or Nicky Biggity go gently into that good night, I like those guys and I’m fine with watching them suck

on the other hand if JAX will straight up swap Hurts for Minshew I’m fully on board

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

indigi posted:

I don’t think they should spend draft capital on stopgap players when they have a gaping hole at QB1.

Correct take. The only possible twist that could get us significant wins this season would be Deshaun Watson, but even that wouldn't be much. Honestly this roster needs a full rehaul and it needs it now. I'm of the opinion that the state of things is that we have Goedert, Graham, Slay, Smith, Lane J, Dillard (I loving hope), and some aging stars like Brooks, Cox, Ertz, and Kelce. Outside of that grouping we have a bunch of weak players that should for the most part be backups or rotational pieces instead of starters. Hurts could end up doing ok and this season will answer that for us but this roster is nowhere near a competitive level and with half of the actual core about to age out we might as well lose the next two years getting a team together again.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
The idea of doing anything other than tanking with wasted 2nd round pick (jfc) hurts is super duper wrong. You ride or die the hurts train this season. Trying to do anything that isn't signing some poo poo free agent on a 1 year flyer is actively malicious to the franchise. Joe flacco fulfills this role. Looking for that 0-17 and then missing big on whatever not generational qb is available next year.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

very dark times ahead for philadelphia fans, brothers. 10,000 years of darkness at this rate.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

tbh after 2017 I find it much harder to get upset about the team losing, but easier to get mad at individual Eagles I don’t like. so far nobody on this team has earned my wrath yet, but if I find out someone’s a antivaxx chud that will be a different story…

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

well good thing carson went to indianapolis :shobon:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/21/will-dak-prescott-be-less-than-100-percent-all-year/

quote:

During halftime of Friday night’s Chiefs-Cardinals game on ESPN, Adam Schefter made a comment that felt initially like a throwaway line but that, based on the words used, seems significant after playing it back a couple of times.

Regarding Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott and his lingering absence due to a shoulder strain, Schefter said, “He’s not fully back, he may not be back all season long.”

Schefter pointed to the shoulder injury and the broken ankle from last year, and he didn’t specify which injury would potentially keep Dak at under 100 percent. However, the shoulder injury quite possibly resulted from the ankle injury.

Simms has said that Prescott’s throwing motion looks different, possibly because he’s overcompensating with his arm for a back foot that he’s reluctant to plant (consciously or not) as aggressively as he did before suffering the broken ankle.

I'm continuing to love the fact that everyone is ignoring the fact that Dak exploded his ankle last season and just magically assuming he'll be fine.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
PFT is garbage, I have zero regard for anything they put out there

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If Dak Prescott is a top 5 QB in his division at 100%, does that make him a top 10 QB in his division if he is less than 100%?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

davecrazy posted:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/21/will-dak-prescott-be-less-than-100-percent-all-year/

I'm continuing to love the fact that everyone is ignoring the fact that Dak exploded his ankle last season and just magically assuming he'll be fine.

It's the surprise I've been waiting for. Sign someone to the Cowboys, and the contract immediately turns to poo.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Shinjobi posted:

It's the surprise I've been waiting for. Sign someone to the Cowboys, and the contract immediately turns to poo.

It's horseshit, his throwing motion is exactly the same, it's just fluff garbage from the NFL'S#1 distribution center of fluff garbage

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1429146452685729800?s=19

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

davecrazy posted:

Dak's fine lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Dak's ankle could be fine, his shoulder could be fine, everything mechanically could be fine.

But he just signed a big deal so I'm expecting his eyebrows to spontaneously combust mid-game since the Cowboys have that bad luck.