Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Tom did it again!

Some NFCS storylines to watch:

Can the Bucs repeat?

What will the post Drew Brees era look like (ft. Jameis Winston/Taysom Hill)?

Panthers going in on Sam Darold.

Whatever the Falcons are doing.

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Aug 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1424454004805885955

:getin:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
NFC South Discussion: Home of the SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

:getin:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Will Lutz had core surgery, out for a while.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

Wil Lutz had core surgery, out for a while.

Hope he gets well soon. I have a feeling we will need our kicker.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

Hope he gets well soon. I have a feeling we will need our kicker.

mmhmm yep gonna need someone to make a lot of XPs with Aaron Rodgers under center

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PostNouveau posted:

mmhmm yep gonna need someone to make a lot of XPs with Aaron Rodgers under center

That's NEXT year.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

go bucs,,

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

That's NEXT year.

I'm just getting a jump on pretending Jameis Winston was never the QB of the Saints.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Jameis going to throw for 4500 yards, 38 TDs, and like 19 INTs and the Saints will give him a 3 year $90m contract.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
AWJr might already by my favorite Buc.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1424822797113733134?s=20

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wandler20 posted:

AWJr might already by my favorite Buc.

Devin White for me, the man is like a football seeking missile

Really the whole D is just so good

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/MikeTriplett/status/1424839152831549440

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

WampaLord posted:

Devin White for me, the man is like a football seeking missile

Really the whole D is just so good

Devin is definitely rocketing up the power rankings. How can you not love that guy?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

So we are just tanking in prep for rodgers right?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

really queer Christmas posted:

So we are just tanking in prep for rodgers right?

Tanking, like hell. We have a Super Bowl QB in the wings with Taysom now.

:colbert:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

He is so awesome and I wanted him SO bad last year. His peace sign to Tyreek took me to full blown man crush.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

weird Asian candy posted:

He is so awesome and I wanted him SO bad last year. His peace sign to Tyreek took me to full blown man crush.

Random thought, how did Hill get away with taunting all year, only to have it so doing his own taunt back to him is taunting, when the original taunt wasn't ever called as taunting?

:iiam:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

sean10mm posted:

Random thought, how did Hill get away with taunting all year, only to have it so doing his own taunt back to him is taunting, when the original taunt wasn't ever called as taunting?

In that specific instance, Hill's was during the play as he was running away/scoring. For Winfield it was after the play and he made a point to get Hill's attention and did the peace sign at him. That's probably why, near as I can figure. In an interview afterward he fully admitted he knew it was taunting (see quote in my avatar)

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Aug 10, 2021

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Rookie depth piece looking good so far.

https://twitter.com/LedyardNFLDraft/status/1425086087295348737?s=20

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

sean10mm posted:

Yeah, I think Joey is right. Which it's funny because apparently throwing up the peace sign DURING the play is for sure NOT taunting, but throwing up the peace sign AFTER the play is TOTALLY taunting lol.

No Fun League!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I mean if a guy waves at someone chasing him or flexes or high steps/backflips into the endzone it doesn't get called because it's during the play. It's a weird line to draw for sure

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Saints CB Patrick Robinson has retired.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

wandler20 posted:

Saints CB Patrick Robinson has retired.

Goddamn we have no corners.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yeah I mean if a guy waves at someone chasing him or flexes or high steps/backflips into the endzone it doesn't get called because it's during the play. It's a weird line to draw for sure
https://youtu.be/g3WKVMLX7yM

It's college ball but it's SEC so its NFCS adjacent.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the winfield taunt was the best part of the super bowl and i really liked the super bowl

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i think the buccaneers will go 6-10

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Alaois posted:

i think the buccaneers will go 6-10

What about that 17th game?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i think the buccaneers will go 7-10

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

ulmont posted:

Goddamn we have no corners.

I'm going to laugh if the Saints pull off an Ellis Johnson-level collapse this year. The storylines sure are building to it.

If Jameis is the starting QB but they go 0-17.....is that ok?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

GD_American posted:

I'm going to laugh if the Saints pull off an Ellis Johnson-level collapse this year. The storylines sure are building to it.

Jameis is too good to lead a team to 0-17. I'd say 5-6 wins would be absolute worst case if he's the starter.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

Jameis is too good to lead a team to 0-17. I'd say 5-6 wins would be absolute worst case if he's the starter.

Yeah but he'll also be directly responsible for 4-5 of the losses

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

GD_American posted:

Whats the worst record of a Payton coached saints team? 7-9 with some record high offensive play? Jameis would be benched after the 6th loss

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I don’t think Payton is any more tolerant of turnovers than Arians so I can’t see the Jameis experiment lasting that long.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
What's the 17th game coming from? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understood the 16-game schedule as:

6 games against division
4 games against random NFC division
2 more games against NFC teams who had the same rank in their division as you
4 games against random AFC division

What's the 17th game?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

What's the 17th game coming from? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understood the 16-game schedule as:

6 games against division
4 games against random NFC division
2 more games against NFC teams who had the same rank in their division as you
4 games against random AFC division

What's the 17th game?

NFL posted:

Each club will now take part in an additional AFC vs. NFC game based on division standings from the prior season and on a rotating divisional basis with AFC teams as the home squad for the additional game this season.

Last place NFCE team (Eagles) vs last place AFCE team (Jets), etc

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Grip it and rip it posted:

Whats the worst record of a Payton coached saints team? 7-9 with some record high offensive play? Jameis would be benched after the 6th loss

The Saints went 7-9 in a year where the Buccs pulled their starters in the second half of a game 16 in order secure their tank. They were winning at the half, and the Saints were playing like dogshit. They absolutely should have been 6-10. I'm not sure if when this was. 2015, maybe?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

A.o.D. posted:

The Saints went 7-9 in a year where the Buccs pulled their starters in the second half of a game 16 in order secure their tank. They were winning at the half, and the Saints were playing like dogshit. They absolutely should have been 6-10. I'm not sure if when this was. 2015, maybe?

2014, we wound up with the #1 pick and drafted Jameis so who is the real winner here?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Apparently the tackle from BYU Christensen took no first team reps recently while multiple starters were having rests days.

Not great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

FizFashizzle posted:

Apparently the tackle from BYU Christensen took no first team reps recently while multiple starters were having rests days.

Not great.

He's apparently listed as the 2nd RT behind Moton (which isn't some huge insult), but we'd probably all hoped he could beat out Elflein/Miller/Erving for one of the other OL spots.