Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiglath III
Feb 25, 2005
Wow, its been a long time since I posted anything, life gets in the way of things and events take over. The last post I made was about finishing the master bedroom, that was back in 2016. Things have been slow, in fact glacial.
Mostly the delay has been about family and family stuff, trying to work full time and make time for family stuff and renovations is drat near impossible. We had an architect work on some plans for the house in 2017 and it got so far and then her momentum started flagging as she began to work on her own projects , our got sidelined and we eventually took over and finished off trying to find builders to carry out the work. Fast forward to 2019 and the global pandemic, we were ready to appoint a builder and boom..... everything stopped. Back to the drawing board. Mid 2020 when people were allowed to people again, we found a new builder (at a huge increase in price) as everyone was now eager to catch up on missed work or finish already started projects. We agreed a start date and work has begun, but before i go any further, although it's not yet finished here's what happened to the drawing room.

Stripped and ready for whatever damage needed repaired.

Cornice and ceiling undercoated.

One wall done, then I tackled the back wall, there was a large opening that had been covered with Plywood sheet, not sure why and attempted to fix it.

Made a mess of it, but redid it and it looks better than this.

The Fireplace wall was a mess, the plaster was still intact but it wasn't smooth, lots of filling and sanding to sort it out.

Ahh thats better, nice and flat (ish)

Now i don't have a decent photo of the room finished, because it's not. But it is very nearly done. We couldn't think of what to do with it, the wife wanted to go one way, I liked the idea of keeping it in line with the house (sort of period but modernish) we settled on a dark blue(ish), Grey(ish) purple(ish) colour. I love it. We added some chair rail, and a period French mirror. Once the kitchen is finished i can clear all the crap you can't see in this photo and get this room done.

So on to the kitchen ......

Tiglath III fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Aug 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Room looks great now-I really love the mirror and dark blue walls.

Tiglath III
Feb 25, 2005
The kitchen we had was an 8x8 box added some time in the 50's. Stone built and rendered in the 80's. It was awful, so awful I don't have photos of the inside. But, picture cream coloured doors with a gold pinstripe, brown wall tiles and carpet tiles on the floor (also Brown). There's no room to work and it has mice and ant issues, so time to go.

This is it from the outside.

Gate goes first.

Then the Sun Room

Then the Kitchen walls

Eventually the foundations are dug out

and within days concrete

Then underbuild....

leading up to this.

to allow the concrete pour

Soon after , walls start to go up

Then the steel for the roof.

Followed by the roof framing

The back wall comes down and is propped until the beams and fill is set.

The new space takes shape.

The roof still has to be slated, so not water tight yet but it's getting there. Hopefully his week, trades are super busy and being held up elsewhere.

Tiglath III fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Aug 16, 2021

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

:getin: