Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I used to pretend to play video games in preschool, like using my hands and pretending I'm making Mario jump. The teachers got mad at me for doing so and would tell me to stop whenever they saw me doing it. They told my parents they should limit how much I play video games to like 30 minutes a day. They did that for a while until they realized how stupid that was, but the teachers still got on my case until I left that preschool. God forbid a kid use his imagination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I got the tude now posted:

staying up late as hell for the first time christmas night to play ocarina for the first time. the christmas night game sesh is still the best of the year, this last one was dq11.

As a kid I only got new videogames on Christmas so I know the feeling.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Pablo Nergigante posted:

One time I was walking through the student Union building and some other students were putting on a guitar hero tournament. I entered and won the whole thing and got a wireless guitar controller and I never spoke to any of those people again

Awesome. Reminds me of the story bug deal told about an old man beating his rear end at Street Fighter silently and walking away.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

very nice i like posted:

Back in 2006 on June 6 there was an unexpected bug in an MMO I was playing where a player was able to kill others outside of pvp settings, which resulted in a mass murdering of players and caused the loss of hundreds of millions in ingame currency. At the time I was much younger and my brain was more fertile, better able to compose sentences and I tried writing some thematic poem about 06/06/06 that hinted at satanic themes. I grew bored and crumpled up the sheet because it just wasn't coming together and I had bigger fish to fry.

Two years later and my mon pulled me aside to tell me she found some dark poetry I was writing and asked if I was ok, and told me she didn't tell my father (whom is very devout and catholic) but to be careful with what I write. It was at that moment I wished I could have been shot into a black hole's event horizon so I could be crushed out of existence after realising what she was talking about

I decided to look this up and the game in question was Runescape, and it's called the 666 incident or the "Falador Massacre". Can't find much info beyond the name, though.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I spent a lot of time chasing the rumors about how to revive Aerith in FF7 or find the Triforce in OoT. The Triforce hunt was what actually lead me to get every skulltula in the game because it was often a listed requirement in the stuff people would make up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Fungah! posted:

oh yah i think i posted about this before but when i was in third grade my school got a computer nd i talked my teacher into letting me screw with it during recess so i tried with my eight year old brain to figure out how to download hexen. eventually during parent teacher conferences my teacher told my mom he loves computers! he's always tryin to find this thing called uh...hexen i think? my mom told her what it was and i got roasted alive, the teacher thought i was tryin to use witchcraft and demons to burn down the school for like a month, plus my mom was pissed i was tryin to steal stuff off the internet

Shortly after Columbine all the teachers at my school were on high alert for people exhibiting such anti-social behavior as "listening to Marylin Manson" or "playing DOOM". I was really into SaGa Frontier at the time and in a recent playthrough I had learned the sword skill "Heaven/Hell" which I thought was a cool name. So I drew a picture of some monsters and wrote "Heaven/Hell" at the top and I guess I left it on my desk or something because the teacher called my mom to warn her that I was into satanic stuff.