Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

How Wonderful! posted:

*it is tenth grade and I am getting fingered to the velvety sounds of Albert Ayler by a junior with crisp and sticky on-purpose-hair... the junior owns a rust brown Geo Prizm and is lost in the sounds and tricks of the sax... I recognize the song from the Space Jam soundtrack.... so smooth....the next track on the mix-tape is Chop Suey by System of a Down... in the heady days in the wake of 9/11 this is the kind of juxtaposition a teen like me needs... its the music of the heart... two weeks later I will put on Albert Ayler's 1964 "Spiritual Unity" at a lacrosse team party while getting obliterated on Rene's parents' second worst ouzo and throw up on a pergola while the cops pull up to respond to a chillness complaint...we're not chill enough, the cops are all wearing crisp grey chinos and distributing plump and tasty little joints so we don't disrespect Mr. Ayler's vision... sorry officer it won't happen again... no officer we don't have any squares here...*

I...I love that album

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

The hometown football team takes the field as the beautiful, harsh noise of Last Exit blasts over the PA system. Just when the opposing team thinks it's over Sonny Sharrock's Black Woman follows it up. A few in the audience blush at the raw eroticism, but none dare complain. Don't want to be ejected for being a square.

Escape From Noise

"BLOW, BRO, BLOOOOOOOOOOOW!

The RA busts into the room thinking they're about to bust up a coke party, but all they find is Kyle just going ham on his tenor sax with his take on some Pharoah Sanders riffs, his bros surrounding him and cheering him on.

Escape From Noise

Buttchocks posted:

Using a 10-lb free-weight as a trumpet mute

Free-weight jazz

Escape From Noise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise