Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Half of the planet is on fire
The other half is under water
And the less said about the other half the better

They say we're past the tipping point. I ask you, is our planet dying?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Planet’s dyin, Cloud

CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

The Lazy Satanist
yeah, dogg

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
No, it's just adjusting to the plague that is us.

Ecosystems and species are dying but the planet is very much alive.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

Planet’s dyin, Cloud

It's not my problem.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
You forgot to wear your mask the last time you went out and the planet caught Covid. Thanks a lot!

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

i don't see any problems here. after we reach the tipping point all that floodwater will put out the fires and we'll be back at equilibrium. it's basic science op.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

no its just trying to kill all humans. bugs are doing great

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

kntfkr posted:

No, it's just adjusting to the plague that is us.

Ecosystems and species are dying but the planet is very much alive.

Came to post pretty much this.

Planet will outlast us until it is consumed by the sun.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Riding this crud bucket right into the ground, OP!!!!!!

:w00t:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Yeah... RIP your children. Turns out giving corporations the ability to donate infinite money through PACs wasnt a good idea. Neither was ruling that fox "news" didn't have to actually tell what happened because it is entertainment. I'll see you all in hell and it will be a poo poo load more fun that the squares singing to G-d all day.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Zil posted:

Came to post pretty much this.

Planet will outlast us until it is consumed by the sun.

And in between that it's going to be absolutely lousy with Funko Pops.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
planets fine it's self healing

WE'RE hosed

- George Carlin

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I'm going to live just long enough to see the planet collapse. I tried. We had no chance. Like tears in the rain, the planet will recover when we stop poisoning it.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hey man, free spaghetti. :jerky: :shrug:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Hey man, free spaghetti. :jerky: :shrug:

You get some garlic bread and you got your self a meal, dang it.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

People always complain about humans killing the planet but did you read about what the dinosaurs did? They killed 75% of life on Earth with their meteor weapons.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Literally A Person posted:

You get some garlic bread and you got your self a meal, dang it.

Yeah hey man too bad I don’t have any peanut brittle huh? :colbert:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

no but we are

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I could really go for a can of delicious peanut brittle right now lap. :crossarms:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I could really go for a can of delicious peanut brittle right now lap. :crossarms:

I didn't mean to make your life hard, Clammy. I know what nut brittle lust is about.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
I look at the planet like I look at organ donation. If there's anything left over that's usable after I die, I've done something very wrong.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Wendigee posted:

I'll see you all in hell

Look at Queen Pollyanna, Lord of the Optimists over here.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
No, it’s fine. If it weren’t fine I’d have no choice but to kill myself. I’m not killing myself, therefore things are fine. Please be aware that arguing with me about this is basically attempting to get me to kill myself, so only do that if you really want me dead.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
Yeah we’re about to start dying en masse, but we won’t be the only ones. We’re on the verge of setting a new world record for mass extinction, but the lieberal media never talk about that!

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Nigmaetcetera posted:

No, it’s fine. If it weren’t fine I’d have no choice but to kill myself. I’m not killing myself, therefore things are fine. Please be aware that arguing with me about this is basically attempting to get me to kill myself, so only do that if you really want me dead.

Wrong!

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Please don’t I wasn’t joking. Everything is going to be fine, at least where I live.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Humanity is a virus and earth gonna wipe us out OP so better get to Tuggin while u can.

U tuggin?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The planet isn't dying OP. It's cleansing itself of the filth.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 9 days!)

without humans it would just be a bunch of hairy smelly things walking around eating other and making GBS threads all over the floor, with nobody to anthropomorphise them

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

sweet thursday posted:

Half of the planet is on fire
The other half is under water
And the less said about the other half the better

There are only two halves to a whole hth

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
For real though our quality of life as we know it is gonna have to take a hit and we are gonna have to go through world war 2 levels of sacrifice to get this turned around so yeah, we hosed.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
*Me, directly addressing the planet Earth*

Omae wa mou shindeiru.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Pawn 17 posted:

People always complain about humans killing the planet but did you read about what the dinosaurs did? They killed 75% of life on Earth with their meteor weapons.

The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a meteor is a good guy with a meteor.

Derpies posted:

For real though our quality of life as we know it is gonna have to take a hit and we are gonna have to go through world war 2 levels of sacrifice to get this turned around so yeah, we hosed.

I was thinking about this today. People are literally screaming about having to put a little paper thing on their face when they're in public and getting a life saving vaccine. Trying to get people to make the kind of sacrifices required to stop another mass extinction is just about impossible. So basically:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5yInB-X0EA

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
there are cities in austrailia that are basically totally underground because of the heat, it's not like this is totally unmanageable.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I think we’ve been going about this the wrong way all along. Instead of making anime real on Earth, we should all become anime to escape Earth.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Meme Poker Party posted:

I think we’ve been going about this the wrong way all along. Instead of making anime real on Earth, we should all become anime to escape Earth.

I don’t want to be a anime. I want to be a 20th level chaotic neutral dwarf gestalt barbarian/sorcerer with super high stats and a bunch of artifacts. 3.5 edition, of course. I don’t know if this would specifically help with climate change but it couldn’t hurt.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
We're the Planeteers, you can be one too, saving the planet is the thing to do! Looting and polluting is not the way, hear what Captain Planet has to say:

"Have a meat free day, ride a bike and use metal straws, sure lol that will offset corporate pollution you loving clown"

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
if it really gets to the point where humans are going to die but the planet will go on, I think we should to our best to destroy the planet completely just so the rest of the galaxy knows we weren't loving around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

kntfkr posted:

It's not my problem.

I'm takin' it outta your money, hot stuff!