Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
looking forward to living underground during our future 300°F summers, watch out for the melted rats.
:sun:
:supaburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Planets not dying but we are, yo

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

sweet thursday posted:

is our planet dying?

Not all of it.

There'll still be jellyfish and lichen and rad-hardened cockroaches. And probably we can't even kill the deep-sea tube worms thriving in hydrogen sulfide so even if the rest of the oceans turn to boiling, anoxic battery acid, those critters will still be just peachy.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Yes and you can't stop it. We're too late. We're all trapped here, enjoy the ride.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

Planet’s dyin, Cloud

…whatever…

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Its cool, I should finish moulting into full crab by the time my house is underwater

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

No I stopped climate change

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

"what do you mean?" i ask as i put on my fireproof suit and climb into my fireproof car to drive to the insect protein store.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

dead dead deadski

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
no its just getting rid of us

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Disco Pope posted:

We're the Planeteers, you can be one too, saving the planet is the thing to do! Looting and polluting is not the way, hear what Captain Planet has to say:

"Have a meat free day, ride a bike and use metal straws, sure lol that will offset corporate pollution you loving clown"

80s & 90s cartoons taught us an important lesson: that if you work really hard and endure difficulties and never stop believing in yourself you can defeat the bad guys, who will show up again next week as if nothing ever happened, and all your sacrifices will be meaningless in the face of their ever-growing power

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
No OP, if you think a little fire or water will kill the planet look up that time all of Siberia blew up in a giant volcano, or that time the whole planet got covered in ice.

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Both humanity and some ecosystems will survive but the future will be a much shittier version of Blade Runner: insect based nutrition, wood is a luxury for the rich, large swathes of landscape become blighted hellscapes, etc but no flying cars or offworld colonies to escape to.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Disco Pope posted:

We're the Planeteers, you can be one too, saving the planet is the thing to do! Looting and polluting is not the way, hear what Captain Planet has to say:

"Have a meat free day, ride a bike and use metal straws, sure lol that will offset corporate pollution you loving clown"

Neo-liberal propaganda at his finest, it's like trickle down economic but for the responsibility.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Vernii posted:

Both humanity and some ecosystems will survive but the future will be a much shittier version of Blade Runner: insect based nutrition, wood is a luxury for the rich, large swathes of landscape become blighted hellscapes, etc but no flying cars or offworld colonies to escape to.

I hate this level of optimism

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
climate changing rooms

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Only on a human timescale, on a geological one it is adjusting to more cool algaes and zoanthids and bugs and whatever sweet ocean wonders will thrive in warmer PH hosed seas.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Breaking news. I JUST stopped climate change!!!

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Vernii posted:

One of the modeled changes in future precipitation patterns predicts the Sahara region will get more rain.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

prove it!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

kntfkr posted:

prove it!

Look at your dick!!!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
HOLY poo poo

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
CHANGE IT BACK WTF

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

`

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
It better not die, it's where I keep all my stuff

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
What’s the best drug to start taking so I don’t feel sad ever again

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Pawn 17 posted:

People always complain about humans killing the planet but did you read about what the dinosaurs did? They killed 75% of life on Earth with their meteor weapons.

Dinosaur-sephiroth was a real dickhead

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Dear Watson posted:

What’s the best drug to start taking so I don’t feel sad ever again

The one about the first thread you see in TCC

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
A better question might be 'is anyone doing anything to limit their negative impact on the earth?' I'm well aware that regular citizens aren't the primary contributors but the more poo poo you buy, the more you drive around in gas guzzlers or at all, the more plane flights you take, the more disposable plastic you use, the worse it is. Reduce reuse recycle and limit greenhouse gasses.

I find it rewarding to start with yourself, changing the world entirely is impossible but if you can change the way you do things and maybe influence others in the same direction that's at least doable.

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

Supreme Allah posted:

planets fine it's self healing

WE'RE hosed

- George Carlin

https://youtu.be/7W33HRc1A6c

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

EorayMel posted:

The one about the first thread you see in TCC

I was hoping I could get something over the counter at Walmart. I’m on a budget

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
fungus probably made this planet habitable for other lifeforms millions of years ago, it'll do it again once it figures out how to eat all of our silly waste products

in the meantime, people who are actually having real bad climate anxiety might benefit from helping causes they can directly. even if we're hosed on an existential level, there are still pets that need fostering, parks that need cleaned up, folks who need food and clothing donations, and on, and on, and on. The work of making life suck a little less for other beings never stops. There is so much work to do and it feels really good to do even just a little bit of it. You never know what ripples you'll make when you take action, but it's almost certain you'll have no effect sitting at your computer (until GBS invents some sort of masturbation-based power source, anyway)

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Strategic Tea posted:

Only on a human timescale, on a geological one it is adjusting to more cool algaes and zoanthids and bugs and whatever sweet ocean wonders will thrive in warmer PH hosed seas.

Lotta squid and jelly fish.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I just hope I die long before the great Nestle™ water wars of 2074

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I think nuking Davos will solve a lot of our problems. I bet we'd drop a couple of degrees within a matter of weeks if someone had the sense to nuke Davos during the next summit.

#nukedavos

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

is your climate running?

well you better go out and catch it!

:xd:

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

sorry lsbb, farts are a greenhouse gas

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Everything has been dying since it was born, OP.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the planet is fine

the human species is almost certainly also fine

our modern global civilization and SA-level standard of living.... ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

if you dont like climate change dont get one