Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SMUG MEDIA SLUT
Dec 16, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUPXYoOHiyg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
I'm sure me personally going vegan and shopping locally will be the thing that convinces my government to stop handing giant piles of money to the dairy industry

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Sentinel posted:

Sorry SA but this is why i drink at night.

you're not alone :ohdear: :eek: :cry: :stonklol:

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Theres a minimum of 5 or 6 things you should be either drinking, on anti-dressants, or self medicating otherwise for,

If not youre a sociopath

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 9 days!)

i watched a few mins of this not knowing who these people are and then they were both like 'the covid manufactured media virus which is a flu'. first few mins were vague and boring, too, so then i turned it off

SMUG MEDIA SLUT
Dec 16, 2006

roomtone posted:

i watched a few mins of this not knowing who these people are and then they were both like 'the covid manufactured media virus which is a flu'. first few mins were vague and boring, too, so then i turned it off

he thought he would live in water world and lived in a house boat to survive it

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I've lived in a houseboat before. It sucks. Better to drown imo.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I've lived in a houseboat before. It sucks. Better to drown imo.

depends on what kind of houseboat, and where

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8LqY6PhDyI

loving brexit ruined my retirement plan to kick back on one of those things.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

frumpykvetchbot posted:

depends on what kind of houseboat, and where

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8LqY6PhDyI

loving brexit ruined my retirement plan to kick back on one of those things.

I agree

Everyone should live on a narrowboat.
Everyone.

Every single person should live on a narrowboat.
Every person alive today should stop what they are doing, in every corner of this earth, and begin to live on a narrowboat in this exact same spot as this was filmed and do exactly as this shows. All at once. Everyone all at once.
Why isn't everyone DEFINITELY living on a narrowboat? It makes no sense why everyone isn't dedicating all of their livelyhoods to living on narrowboats and doing this right now and being able to enjoy living on narrowboats in this one area at this particular time immediately.
Every last one of billions of people living on this dead gay earth should drop what they are doing and immediately live on narrowboats.

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I said I'm sorry mama
I never meant to hurt you
I never meant to make you cry
But tonight
I'm living on a houseboat

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
::Me doing a terrible Andrew Dice Clay impression::

Climate changer? I hardly knew her! OH!

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

CPL593H posted:

::Me doing a terrible Andrew Dice Clay impression::

Climate changer? I hardly knew her! OH!

I've heard of chicks with dicks
But changing the biosphere down there?
Does Mother Nature allow that?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Hickory dickory dock, move da hand on da doomsday clock!

SMUG MEDIA SLUT
Dec 16, 2006

CPL593H posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l4OEJ38aLY

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

CPL593H posted:

Ok this is epic

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Big Beef City posted:

Every last one of billions of people living on this dead gay earth should drop what they are doing and immediately live on narrowboats.

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

I didnt know or care what this was in the other five reposts, and I wont be caring this time either

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
It seems to be a degloved pigs ball.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Sentinel posted:

Uh it didn't really. Like yeah some bounce back sortve.But after the KT mass extinction the tree of life basically became a stump with one branch left. And all plant and animal life we've ever seen as a species has basically been that branch.

gently caress I wish i still had my old geology profs lecture for that he explained it really well.

Also yes OP planets dying. Super fast too.

Are you sure you're not thinking of the end-Permian extinction? 'Cause the K-T extinction was far from the biggest reduction in "diversity of life" or whatever at the top level. No major animal classes got wiped.

drat dinosaurs didn't even go extinct in the extinction event that's famous because of them

r u ready to WALK posted:

i wonder what all the species that will repopulate the earth in a couple hundred million years time will look like

they'll be monster girls with huge tits, and Meme Poker Party won't be alive for it!

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Just dont have kids ever
Learn to be light on your feet and like camping or travel
Get a campervan of some kind of sleeping car, with solar panels
The sky is mostly hydrogen so its a light blue flame when it catches on fire

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Has some maroon said "Oh, but a planet isn't alive so it can't die" yet?

If so, all our problems are solved.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Klyith posted:

they'll be monster girls with huge tits, and Meme Poker Party won't be alive for it!

At least I'll know that the future turns out all right :unsmith:

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Robin Williams posted:

Get a campervan of some kind of sleeping car, with solar panels

that's just going to make you a target for the cannibal gangs

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

Strategic Tea posted:

Exactly evolution will always deliver more beautiful stuff in time. Also crabs, it will produce a lot of crabs.

And Beetles for some reason.

Klyith posted:

Are you sure you're not thinking of the end-Permian extinction? 'Cause the K-T extinction was far from the biggest reduction in "diversity of life" or whatever at the top level. No major animal classes got wiped.

drat dinosaurs didn't even go extinct in the extinction event that's famous because of them

Yup you're correct im thinking of the Permian Triassic.

Sentinel fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Aug 14, 2021

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

DickParasite posted:

that's just going to make you a target for the cannibal gangs

Yeah so richy rich with a fuel source, you'll get out to poo poo and some deer hunter with an 80 IQ will pop you off

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Robin Williams posted:

Yeah so richy rich with a fuel source, you'll get out to poo poo and some deer hunter with an 80 IQ will pop you off

As long as he does you quick he'll be doing you a favor. Otherwise you get chained up in the basement and get an arm or leg sawed off one at a time.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

This is humanity's final form, a giant 1km2 blob that consumes all life on the planet while emitting toxic gases and waste chemicals before drying out and crumbling to dust, just like God intended.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Yaldabaoth posted:

This is humanity's final form, a giant 1km2 blob that consumes all life on the planet while emitting toxic gases and waste chemicals before drying out and crumbling to dust, just like God intended.

:hmmyes:

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

:golfclap:

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

r u ready to WALK posted:

i wonder what all the species that will repopulate the earth in a couple hundred million years time will look like

naem
May 29, 2011

Klyith posted:

https://youtu.be/qERdL8uHSgI

https://youtu.be/mAkjETPM1s4

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

yeah. I dunno. Life finds a way I guess

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I don’t want to be a anime. I want to be a 20th level chaotic neutral dwarf gestalt barbarian/sorcerer with super high stats and a bunch of artifacts. 3.5 edition, of course. I don’t know if this would specifically help with climate change but it couldn’t hurt.

Just don't go to Dark Sun setting which is basically post apocalyptic magical climate change world.

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/ldLBoErAhz4

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

we're livin on the edge

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

"Do you want banded iron formations!?! Because thats how you get banded iron formations! "

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

My working theory is a sort of modified Gaia theory. The planet, aware that its long-term chances for survival are nil due to inevitable solar expansion, rolled the dice on the production of a species that would someday possibly be capable of interplanetary survival. There was also the chance that the sentient species would screw the pooch and bring life as we know it to ruin, but since planetary death would be occurring *anyway*, it was better to roll the dice and see. Time will tell if the Earth gets another shot at this plan after the moronic thinking apes are finished cooking themselves and everything they have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Cosmik Slop posted:

My working theory is a sort of modified Gaia theory. The planet, aware that its long-term chances for survival are nil due to inevitable solar expansion, rolled the dice on the production of a species that would someday possibly be capable of interplanetary survival. There was also the chance that the sentient species would screw the pooch and bring life as we know it to ruin, but since planetary death would be occurring *anyway*, it was better to roll the dice and see. Time will tell if the Earth gets another shot at this plan after the moronic thinking apes are finished cooking themselves and everything they have.

Maybe we're serving as sort of a textbook example of how the Great Filter works in practice.

The only species and cultures among species embracing tool usage to the point where they figure out electromagnetics and combustion engines, will also have something inherently wrong with their brains; they'll be greedy and short-sighted and bereft of caution; they'll have sort of a dunning-kruger effect going that convinces them of their cleverness while denying them wisdom and perspective to know what a loving colossally stupid idea it is to gently caress up the entire planet for a few hundred years of excess.

All these doomed species tinkering with pandora's boxes know is they're cleverer than the next-cleverest things around them. They'll give themselves self-flattering taxonomic labels like "reasoning starfish" or "sapient apes" to set themselves over all other forms of life on their planet, as moral underpinning for the savage mechanized consumption frenzy leading to the inevitable extinction event. These blips only last for very little time in geologic terms, and so all you're left with is interesting strata smudges and maybe a few faint electromagnetic echoes slowly propagating across the galaxy, signifying absolutely nothing and without the faintest chance of detection in any of the other blips because they happen so infrequently and last for so little time each.