Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

gassing the old thread was a mistake, now it has that awful green background when i look at old posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

that runner has no business being that close to the finish line lol

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Polo-Rican posted:

photoshopping the lines was too much work. good enough lol

lol :sickos:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

this one too: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3926175&pagenumber=6162&perpage=40#post515845869

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

man it sure sucks that quoting posts from the old thread is disabled because some dumbass gassed it

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lol thoguh you dingus

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Thoguh posted:

It's fixed now.

:toot:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

empty whippet box posted:

my claim to fame on the something awful forums will be 'guy who posted 'lmao' a lot in the covid threads from 2020-2058'

making it all the way to NG++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ before finally succumbing, quite an ambitious game plan

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lmao

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

blind posting from 30 pages back, hopefully i haven't been beaten

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Blitter posted:

Delicious!

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

smiling and thinking about the superspreader rallies trump held all throughout 2020

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

number go up

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1427301372270104577?s=19

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

osprey posted:

lol if the elites have been thinking "who cares about covid, i'll just buy the trump cocktail if i need it" but it doesn't work for delta

yes please god lmao

it would seriously own if the magic elixers for the rich failed

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

cr0y posted:

Monoclonals are cool and good and when used at the right time are extremely effective.

monoclonals cant do poo poo, they only have one measly clonal

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

delta is the fourth letter of the greek alphabet so you need quadraclonals instead

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

euphronius posted:

respiratory therapists lamo

scolding our nations' doomer lungs to seek therapy

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

mod sassinator posted:

the media discourse has done a near 180 and now isn't saying COVID is just a red state full hospital problem anymore lol

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/hospital-icu-covid-19-cases_n_611c7487e4b0c6968102b111

also holy hell, one quarter of US ICU beds are COVID patients right now :stare: i'm sure that's perfectly sustainable and fine

and 20% of ICUs are 95% or more full

:stare:

maybe someone should do something

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lmao

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

dont get your booster too early, its wasteful, like using an elixer after taking scratch damage

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

we have a new thread now that madjackal hasn't posted in yet so please stop trying to summon him back

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Loucks posted:

Week two of remote schooling this year while both parents wfh full time.

I want to die. :lol:

are you doing home schooling yourself, or is it virtual learning?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Loucks posted:

It’s a legit, established remote school program run by the state, but a <12 can’t be expected to focus on schoolwork all day, so it’s just one (or both!) of us ignoring our jobs to drag the kid through schoolwork for eight hours.

Then we get to fight in the evenings, which is a nice break.

Don’t update the xslx just yet; we survived this last year with even less effort from the kid. And at least our O2 sats are going to remain above 95%.

oh poo poo man, good luck with that. we're still finalizing details but it's increasingly looking like i'm going to be homeschooling my kids. i'll probably be teaching them in the morning, and then i'll be doing my wfh for most of the rest of the day.

it'll be exhausting as hell, but there was a time when i was able to endure working full-time, doing grad school, and raising two little kids all at once on like 3 hrs of sleep per night. i'm doing my best to convince myself that i can make it through being stretched that thin again. we'll find out!

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

My friends school announced that mouthpieces on brass instruments count as masks so they can have full band practice (safely)

His wife reported them to the state board of education in hopes the school gets stripped of accreditation

lol whoever runs that school is getting a promotion instead

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

yes, i want sars

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

mamma mia, that's a lotta 9/11s!

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

my work is being stubborn and is basically trying to torpedo my homeschooling plan by insisting that my work schedule isn't nearly as flexible as they first implied. part of the reason they gave was because other people have been quitting and so they need others to fill in the schedule gaps

feeling pretty close to going for the nuclear option and just quitting and laughing in their faces as it dawns on them how hosed they are now that most of their staff is loving gone, but goddamn it would be hard to find wfh employment on short notice

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

business gorillas please open for business in WA in the next week or so, thanks in advance

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

mastershakeman noooooooooo

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

KlavierVogel posted:

Welp I had a disgusting thing happen to me today! I went to my employer's "employee appreciation picnic" at the local amusement park and, while riding the tamest super-old wooden rollercoaster, I got pegged IN THE EYE with a giant wad of phlegm or snot or something. It happened while going through a dark tunnel, so it was like a horror movie or something: I felt something wet hit my face, I reached up to wipe it away and I'm like OMG STICKY. There was so much... It got all in my hair too :gonk: I was wearing a KN95 (of course) but I had contacts in instead of my normal glasses... If I get sick from this, man, I can't even.

holy poo poo lol :rip:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

:waycool:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

mod sassinator posted:

ruh roh some third shot booster havers in Israel are starting to pop positive

https://www.timesofisrael.com/tv-14-israelis-who-got-3rd-shot-later-infected-with-covid-19/

trust only your prior sars1 infection

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

the only moral breakthrough is my breakthrough

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

clarissa disdains us all

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lol

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Zisky posted:

That's really, really bad! But lol the mayor's name is Bud Dyer.

ahahahaha

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

prepare for the whiplash when they rerun this opinion piece after the current wave ebbs

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

mod sassinator posted:

lmao worldometer has us at 800 deaths so far and florida, california and 15 other states still haven't reported

looks like we're in the more than 1000 deaths a day territory again

wow!

this sucks!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

i believe in you, single green florida county