Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

I'm confused - we defeated COVID?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Just a few short months ago everyone in charge of the medical, media, and governmental systems believed that children were magically immune to COVID

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

we don't post trump here. this is when we post "open Biden"

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

The Saucer Hovers posted:

OP:
adult masks
kids masks
booster info
spreadsheet
coldrice gifs
the shaming of the jackal

pics of selected booster names

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Joe I'm sorry but it's too late to retreat to the Green Mountains - the Virus will soon subsume Burlington

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Vermont dynamiting the bridges to New Hampshire before the libertarian bears can use it to transport mechanized infantry

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Lackey posted:

Hello, new thread! Time to fall behind several thousand posts while I frantically keep trying to catch up.

when you log in just hit the button to zoom to the front. there is a curated post service called BONGHITZ that will collect the all-stars

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

iirc the landed gentry just immediately put controls on wages and movement after the black death gave labor more power, soooo

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

PFC how's the bike

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Casey Finnigan posted:

as far as i can tell the people in yospos all make like $7,000,000 dollars a year and they're like all 40 yr old dudes with motorcycles

please do not relitigate the great "figgies" debate

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

My Dad is crack pinged enough that he's gonna go get a booster. he ever told me verbatim "there's no database anyway so good loving luck tracking me down." I'm so proud of him

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

just got a flurry of HR emails looking to fill positions like paras, classroom aide, long term subs, building subs, etc.

it's not looking good, folks

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

CTs governor is mandating masks in schools for "at least a month"

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

mod sassinator posted:

case growth growth (acceleration) has slowed down, but 'case growth has slowed down' is objectively false when the data is showing 28% increase week over week lol

isn't literally any growth at all very bad on it's own merits

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

all of the rich and powerful would be getting daily COVID tests if they had any sense, but ya know...

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Congress why are you just thinking about this? schools are in session right now. shouldn't we have worried about this a little earlier?

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

this is gonna be a new dent in my brain. why are they just sniffing around now?? vaccines for under 12 and under has been the primary concern millions of families! kids are dying right now and you didn't look at a loving calendar?

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Congressman Dick Dumbfuck from (D-CA) seeing off little Ayyydain to his first day of school and having his synapses finally fire: "wait...vaccines?!"

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

positive and symptomatic iirc lmao

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Long Covid - on track to become worse for long-term health than Polio?

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

call me when we eventually get the Omega Varient cause that one's gonna be a little on the nose

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

any plan in place for varients after the Greek letters?

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Schnorkles posted:

biostatistician is just a fancy name for someone who looks at slides and eyeballs the number of blobs on it

prove me wrong

this logic will lead you down dark paths, plane.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Aspro put me in the magnet tumbler and tell me about my insides

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

local bar is playing Dust in the Wind *crack*

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Lovelyn posted:

Just signed up for a booster under a fake name. What should I do if my work mandates a booster? Get a fourth? Should I try to level with my vaccinator and tell them it's my third and ask them to just give it to me under my real name? Cancel this appointment and wait 3-4 weeks for my official booster eligibility?

keep getting boosters. or ask your doctor and tell them this is now patient confidentiality (I don't know what these means) so they can't narc on you

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Shiroc posted:

I changed my legal name since getting my first two doses done. Maybe I should just do another 2 in my new name so I have a clean card. Then get my 'booster.'

ooh. we've got the possibility of a fiver here.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Imagining an India-like hospital system collapse in a society with more guns than people

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Thoguh posted:

There is none, you can't meet halfway with a contagious disease.

imagine the Terminator quote but it's about a disease you can't legislate away

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Asproigerosis posted:

That's called an ectopic pregnancy

go back to the magnet tumbler

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

for about two seconds just now I seriously considered the possibility this is a simulation

imo the aliens are giving us a test and we are failing miserably. they are now drunkenly joyriding their UFOs through the atmosphere since it won't matter

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

looks like our district will need "mitigating efforts unforseen as of a month ago." huh, maybe you should have been paying loving attention

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

fosborb posted:

remembering how Regeneron made Trump publicly bi for a week

zooted bisexual party animal trump ruled

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

well, gently caress

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

the question is: why isn't it exploding yet in places like PA, NY, MA, and MI yet? I assume Delta got a firm grip on the unvaccinated in the greater south, but Open Biden happened everywhere

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

cool, I will have the "opportunity" to remove my mask to teach at the front of the room

good thing I will respectfully decline this "opportunity"

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

maybe we shouldn't be having the downtown seafood restaurant festival coming up

oh they will go bankrupt without the tourist revenue? cool system

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Biowarfare posted:

anyone like buffets

I can listen to some choice Jimmy Buffet in the right circumstance

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

COVID positive in the middle of a hospital, refusing to put on mask, and no mechanism to force compliance???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Joementum posted:

the yoga studio in my town is now requiring people to show their vaccine cards to enter, which is (predictably) making some yoga enthusiasts quite angry

horseshoe theory is real for yoga and crystals